Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Which QB?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,459

Which QB?

Sep 1, 2018, 4:42 PM

I think a Defense that has to prepare for both QBs makes our offense scary! First game jitters done... let’s go!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which QB?

Sep 1, 2018, 4:47 PM

running the ball became easier as tl was in the game, but the qbs played about even.

Re: Which QB? Is it really a question anymore?

Sep 1, 2018, 5:15 PM

Bryant had more drives. Quite a few more. Everything with him looks like a struggle. I saw no improvement from last year. Very little progression in reading receivers. After two, he’d pull it, and run. Just about the time the receivers would work open. Bryant’s off and running. Making the defenses job easier. Just like last year. No patience in the pocket. Granted, Bryant is a great RB2. But, he handcuffs the running back game.
Once Lawrence settled in, he was smooth. Crafty. Easy drives. Furman had to defend all areas of the field. Not just one dimension anymore. Not only did Lawrence have less completions, he had a higher %, two more passing touchdowns, and three times the quarterback rating. Oh, and more yardage. With at minimum 5 less drives. So, about even. Yeah. Furman had to back the linebackers up, safeties up, making the running game more productive as well. Making the long drives he engineered look effortless compared to Bryant needing 4 downs a couple of times against a FCS opponent. So, saying a 5th year senior is even with a 18 year old newcomer tells me all I need to know. Move the 5th year senior to the slot, TE, RB, or somewhere else he can contribute. Because this 18 year old if going to be our best chance to win the tough ones!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 5:44 PM

I can see Dabo starting KB every game, but start moving TL in earlier and earlier.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Which QB? Is it really a question anymore? ]

There is no place to move him. We are too deep. He would be 4th string at any of the positions you named.

I like Kelly but think over next few weeks he will be pushed aside. TL just has too much talent

Re: Which QB?

Sep 1, 2018, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Which QB? ]

The O ran much smoother today with Lawrence behind Center

Anyone who is objective could see that the offense was smoother with TL.

Sep 1, 2018, 6:03 PM

KB did fine, and made some nice plays, but as most expected he is about the same as last year.

TL gives us a huge advantage with his ability to go through progressions, read defenses, and deliver the ball in the right place on a somewhat consistent basis.

We can win with either one, but KB’s running and veteran leadership will only get us so far.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,459
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic