Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where would the baseball team be this year had Jack Leggett
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Where would the baseball team be this year had Jack Leggett

Apr 27, 2019, 12:34 PM

not been fired? Better, worse, nearly the same? I don't remember too many seasons where Jack's teams lost 8 in a row and were swept at home by Duke.

The last 3 seasons had Jack been coaching would there have been worse results than losing in the regional each season? The only thing worse than losing in a regional would be not making a regional. In his many seasons at Clemson how many times did Jack not make a regional?

Is it safe to say that the baseball team is no better off now than it would be had Jack not been fired? Maybe that is too hypothetical. So at least is it safe to say that the baseball team has not been any more successful over the last 3+ seasons than it was in say 4 of Jack's WORST seasons?

Why to so many does Monte get a pass and get the "he's a great coach, he will get it turned around"? I hope he is and I hope he does but what has he done to prove to anyone that he is a great coach and will get it turned around? Monte inherited some good talent (Okey, Beer, Rohlman, White, Pinder, Barnes etc.) and that first season he won an ACC championship with that talent. But he failed to make it out of a home regional with that team.

So for all of those who wanted Jack fired so badly, what now?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where would the baseball team be this year had Jack Leggett

Apr 27, 2019, 12:42 PM

Flap back to cooterville CooT!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2019, 1:03 PM

Hey clown Purple, would you rather have Tanner or that joke you have now ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come here coot. I got something for you.

Apr 27, 2019, 1:08 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2019, 1:09 PM

BTW purplecokc,

How’s the draft working out for cooterville??? I’ll hang up and listen bawk, bawk!

When you’re losing a regional game to XAVIER!!!

Apr 27, 2019, 1:50 PM

Yeah, it’s time to go.

Monte has struggled this year, but Jack needed to go. His teams were getting progressively worse.

~JKB

Re: When you’re losing a regional game to XAVIER!!!

Apr 27, 2019, 1:56 PM

Googled it and it said while Monte was at the College of Charleston from 2009 to 2015 that 4 times he made the postseason and advanced to the Super Regional 1 time in those 4 years

golfer23 -- 208.104.240.246, 208.104.240.246 . . . . 10:22:59 PM
And 3 home regional losses at Clemson why are people impressed or infatuated with this guy? He’s accomplished nothing

I don’t get the love for him! Should have hired someone else

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you’re losing a regional game to XAVIER!!!

Apr 27, 2019, 1:58 PM [ in reply to When you’re losing a regional game to XAVIER!!! ]

Googled it and it said while Monte was at the College of Charleston from 2009 to 2015 that 4 times he made the postseason and advanced to the Super Regional 1 time in those 4 years

golfer23 -- 208.104.240.246, 208.104.240.246 . . . . 10:22:59 PM
And 3 home regional losses at Clemson why are people impressed or infatuated with this guy? He’s accomplished nothing

I don’t get the love for him! Should have hired someone else

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, if you don’t like Monte or wanted someone else hired, I totally understand that.

Apr 27, 2019, 2:16 PM

I have not been happy with him this year. I say next year is make or break for him. We have seen glimpses of what this team can do. We just need consistency. After 5 years, if you can’t get out of the regionals, especially while hosting, it’s time to start looking elsewhere.

The hire was a really good hire at the time. He was an up-and-comer in the coaching world with ties to the state and Ray Tanner’s right hand man. Ray Ray might be a dufus as AD, but the man knows how to coach baseball. It was worth a shot to go after Monte. I like Monte’s personality and attitude when it comes to managing the players, but his in-game strategy (or lack there of) is frustrating and his HR focused approach to hitting doesn’t work when your players strikeout nonstop.

Just my 2 cents. I ain’t defending him or giving him a pass. I expect more, too.

~JKB

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic