Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where would the committee have us ranked right now if we
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Where would the committee have us ranked right now if we

Nov 19, 2019, 8:21 PM

had not kicked the crap out of Bammer and won the NC last year? Would the committee really perceive this same team as a top 4 title contender, or whould we be on the outside looking in? If you believe in the committee and this whole process, then you have to believe they would still have us ranked in the top 4. What we did last year or throughout history should have zero impact on the current rankings.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Where the committee have us ranked right now if we

Nov 19, 2019, 8:23 PM

then why is Bama where they are?
this committee sucks balls and has some eSECpn running down their chin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Exactly my point.

Nov 19, 2019, 8:32 PM

Historical bias is a big factor in forming their opinion, whether they are aware of it or not. That's largely why the SEC gets favorable treatment.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Where the committee have us ranked right now if we

Nov 19, 2019, 8:26 PM

With our SOS, they would have treated us like Baylor. We would be 11-0 and ranked 13th.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.***

Nov 19, 2019, 8:33 PM

- H. L. Mencken

No doubt.***

Nov 19, 2019, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Where the committee have us ranked right now if we ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but maybe 10th.

Nov 19, 2019, 8:50 PM

Yes, our great past & 2 of last 3 Natties has allowed us some nice wiggle room, like Bama has, and glad that's the case even though a bit unfair to other aspiring Clemsin-type teams.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome Question 4 Discussion

Nov 19, 2019, 9:11 PM

I see your point and I am picking up what you are putting down.

My question to you though is: "would there even be a need to talk as much trash about the ACC"! The Big 12 has Oklahoma. Well, this year they have Baylor as well, but often just Oklahoma. No bashing the Big 12 except how they don't play defense.

Look at the commentators and what conferences they come from: Big 10 and SEC schools. I think Matt Leinart is the only Pac 12 guy on the program. I could be wrong on that; but as far as I can tell that is how it seems.
Gilmore is an announcer - who does the late games or 2nd tier "big games"! He is a Pac 12 guy. But, the ones who get to push narratives the most are Big 10 and SEC. Never be naive enough to think it has no bearing.

Clemson - as someone already said, "would still get the Baylor or Minnesota treatment"! Which begs the question: "do they just want the group of about 11 - 13 teams in it every year only"? By they I mean - marketing directors and program directors. Bama, LSU, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, Southern Cal, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Texas!
Just go ahead and put the before mentioned teams in a conference and proclaim the winner the National Champion if they won't look at what a team is doing on the field "THAT SEASON"!
History couldn't save Bama's ### this past January! It couldn't save Notre Dame either! And I'll guarantee you there are some blue bloods on the list who are happy UCF didn't get an opportunity a few seasons ago.

The loser SEC teams are all such losers they think they are a part of "the cool in crowd" when they aren't! They are on the outside looking in when it comes to some sports writers and media types who influence rankings! At the end of the day - they want the "known commodity" to be in over anything else!

This is why many people across the country have found Clemson so refreshing!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where will they rank us next week after we don't win this

Nov 19, 2019, 9:12 PM

Saturday?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic