Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where does Fox News go from here?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Where does Fox News go from here?

Nov 12, 2020, 9:05 PM

They’re getting hammered in the ratings, do they chase the derps and put more Tucker and Hannity style programming on or do they attempt a conservative renaissance and take on a National Review type tone?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where does Fox News go from here?

Nov 12, 2020, 9:13 PM

There will never be civil discourse again. Liberals ruined that hope for everyone. Congrats.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2020, 9:23 PM

Maybe if conservatives came down from their crosses, liberals would hear them a bit better.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2020, 10:17 PM

That is just a wrong statement. So let me get this straight. If Rep. stop being a Christian then you would listen to them? Wrong

it was an analogy

Nov 12, 2020, 10:56 PM

I meant stop acting like a bunch of martyrs and victims and be the party of personal responsibility again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it was an analogy

Nov 12, 2020, 11:22 PM

Come again! WHO is this "bunch of martyrs and victims" you speak of... I believe the city streets have been full of them all year long.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump fanatic laments end of civility. More at 11***

Nov 12, 2020, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Where does Fox News go from here? ]

Re: Trump fanatic laments end of civility. More at 11***

Nov 13, 2020, 1:33 AM

Outside of the hyperbolic, we are still good as Americans - I hope

Nov 12, 2020, 9:14 PM

Resistance is futile. They will eventually just get absorbed into the MSM Collective.

ratings will probably go back up..

Nov 12, 2020, 9:36 PM

when Joe begins crushing the virus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope the Golden Goose lays a golden egg?

Nov 12, 2020, 9:45 PM

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1326920264203046915?s=19

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They could attempt real journalism.

Nov 12, 2020, 10:45 PM

Crazy idea, I know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: They could attempt real journalism.

Nov 13, 2020, 12:33 PM

Cat,

Actually, I think their news Dept. is moving in that direction. If they could dump Tucker & Hannity, they might even regain a bit of credence.

BTW I am think once Trump isn't around to have to fact check all of the time, maybe we could start of these two. That would keep the fact checkers busy.

Nov 12, 2020, 11:14 PM

I'm not sure why anyone would watch "cable" news (it's in quotes because for many it no longer comes through a cable) - except maybe for entertainment value. You can watch a Senate hearing now. You can watch what the entirety of what a politician says now. It's much harder to be lied to unless you're willing.

Nov 13, 2020, 5:54 AM

It's going to be fascinating.

Everything's going to be a la carte in the future, especially in the so-called "conservative" media. News Corp had the corner on that but they were fading, and badly...a lot of people back in 2015 were just about ready to bury Fox; Rupert Murdoch was 85 and his sons seemed disinterested, and there were plenty of rumors about the eminent demise of Rupert's empire.

Then along came Trump, and it re-energized the whole base. But that's the problem with a Cult of Personality...you don't own the personality, he owns the movement...and now Trump's going to want to (and need to, if his tax returns are any sort of indication) on the value of his own name.

Trump's going to go launch Trump TV or take over at Newsmax or OAN...and neither those guys nor Donald are exactly subtle. Which does indeed beg the question, not just for Fox News but for the GOP as a whole...do they follow him down that derpy far-Alt-Right rabbit hole? Or do they come back more center-right (as I desperately hope!) and leave the Federalists and nincompoops to do their own thing on the fringes?

I myself have nary a clue.

Nov 13, 2020, 12:36 PM

Q,

Would Fox offer the Donald some serious $$$ to be a contributor for them.

A lot of people think that he cannot start a new network AND run in 2024 at the same time.

Nov 13, 2020, 6:22 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjtRbz1LE4Y

Nov 13, 2020, 12:36 PM

stupid question...

Where does MSNBC go from here?

Where does CNN go from here?

...each of them spend >50% of air time bashing Trump. What will they do? Talk about news again?

Nov 13, 2020, 12:38 PM

I am sure Trump will give them material for years to come.

Nov 13, 2020, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Where does Fox News go from here? ]

Fox News was doing quite fine before the "Golden Goose" came to power. Well, Fox News in general was doing just fine. Hannity was on his way out... but Golden Goose saved him.

With a Democratic in office, they can continue to forecast doom and gloom and highlight the valiant efforts of those that oppose the horned creatures in the highest office. They did this just fine during Obama. They will do fine once the goose leaves office. Though I'm sure there will be some declines as there are after any presidential election.

MSNBC though .... I do see them taking more of a hit with Biden/Harris in the Executive Branch.

CNN - bless their hearts... do their ratings ever change? I assume they will continue to fade as they try (and i do believe they try...at least more than Fox and MSNBC to play things down the middle...or at least have balanced pundits). But folks don't want down the middle. They don't want "news". They want their own bubble.

Which leads to what others have said. Media will continue to be more and more fragmented.

I'm 100% convinced that "Trump TV" or that the "Trumpian Network" will be a thing in 18 months or less. Part Fox News, part OANN, part InfoWars, part Sinclair Broadcasting, part NRA TV.... and it will be glorious. Hannity will bolt Fox and be the lead dog.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2020, 7:06 PM

Probably.

Lachlan Murdoch supposedly does not like Hannity at all and strongly prefers Tucker Carlson. Hannity's salary is also a problem - I think I saw he makes something like $40 million a year. With an energized base, that's one thing...if the Donald goes elsewhere, well...stuff could get tight and if you're going to start loping off links you always start at the top.

Are you sure they're getting "hammered in the ratings"?***

Nov 13, 2020, 2:57 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

G Goose says they are so must be true***

Nov 13, 2020, 3:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really it’s quite simple

Nov 13, 2020, 8:00 PM

Make sure the execs and male contributors keep their Richards in their pants and hire more T & A

And don’t let the milk Teds fall in love with the president’s son

Next question....

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic