Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where do you think/hope Watson will go in Draft?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,703

Where do you think/hope Watson will go in Draft?

Dec 11, 2016, 10:56 PM

I think He will go first round, unlike the infamous and more wrong than right Mcshay predicts.
Watson is going to light up the playoff's taking every pro teams attention.
In the case of this years' first round pick ( Cleveland ) I hope He doesn't get picked first. Go ahead, Take Miles Garrett, Cleveland needs to re-build on all sides of the ball.

Second QB pick is the bears. Bears is definitely " old school" under center football. Not that Watson doesn't have the football IQ and couldn't learn the system sitting under a veteran in Cutler, but that just wouldn't "seem" in Chicago's Wheel house. Kizer seems more likely to go there.

Third pick ( first round ) Arizona Cardinals. I personally hope that He goes to Arizona. I think He would do well learning under a veteran like Palmer, start some games, maybe take over sooner rather than later depending on how fast He learns the plays and Palmer's health. Bruce A. ( Head Coach )
evidently sees that Clemson produces talent by getting Ellington, and Catanzaro. I think Watson would have great weapons with veteran Fitzgerald, and have a solid RB now in David Johnson.
Arizona's coach knows how to win, comes from a good coaching tree, and Watson would be in good company with fellow Clemson men and could become a franchise QB for them after Palmer. a lot of other pieces are already in place ahead of 49er's.
This is all just my opinion.

I don't think Watson will slip into day two being picked by 49ers'. I know He would " fit " there with the offense, but that team needs re-building on both sides, more than at just QB. If they do select a QB, it won't be Watson. He'll be gone if my instincts are right. If they don't select a QB, I think they should draft OL and CB.

About Mitch T. from north Carolina, He's a sophomore, wouldn't He most likely be going back to school to get at least numbers in the 20's in games started and finished before entering? Who knows. I still think though that a lot of teams will see Watson as the most versatile QB in the draft. Not only having NFL arm talent, but the ability to extend plays with his legs and get first downs. Kizer has that ability, but just doesn't seem as polished as Watson. IMO

This would also mean that Watson would be selected 9th ( I believe ) overall, but Where would Watson make the best fit and in a position to win with a great cast around him and a good coach. Arizona

My Take

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on the play-offs

Dec 11, 2016, 11:06 PM

If he does what I think he will, first overall.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Depends on the play-offs

Dec 11, 2016, 11:28 PM

I think there will be plenty of Arizona scouts in Glendale to see how Watson performs against OSU.
Not if they win, but how He plays during that win may set their sites on Watson if passed by the Bears. Watson will make drives, Clemson will score fast, as they usually do. Watson will make his plays, if by some very odd chance he has a turnover prone game, then maybe a different result. However, this is a Clemson QB that can turn the ball over, or his receiver turn the ball over, and get right back out there with a two minute drill to put points up. Then carry His team to a win, when the rest of the team is firing on all cylinder's with Him.

I really don't care, I'm not an NFL fan.

Dec 11, 2016, 11:30 PM

I don't really think it matters how he plays in the playoffs the NFL is all about measurable when drafting a QB. The two NFL draft experts are reporters and they formulate their draft position for players based on talking with scouts and GM. Players will move up and down wasn't the combines start, but I don't see anyway a late 2nd round mid 3rd round QB moves up to a top 10 pick.

Re: I really don't care, I'm not an NFL fan.

Dec 11, 2016, 11:48 PM

Honestly, I don't keep up with it as much as I do the college game. TO me, the draft ( number ) isn't as important as the need and fit. Whatever round it is. About Watson though, many teams will see He's the most impactful player on the field, as Saban says. Kinda like that Zeke Elliot affect, take Him because He's the best player with the biggest upside in his position. That's actually works for and against Watson. I just hope He lands where He fits, and Has a successful pro day, and career with a winning franchise.

Re: Where do you think/hope Watson will go in Draft?

Dec 11, 2016, 11:49 PM

New Orleans
San Fran
Arizona
I hope he stays at C U to get his Masters.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2016, 7:24 AM

I say late second to third round. Don't get me wrong I like deshaun Watson. I also am very thankful for what he has done for us. With that said he has thrown a ton of interception, which is going to scare NFL teams.

Dec 12, 2016, 9:11 AM

I'm hoping 1st round in 2018...

Texans, Cardinals, Bears..would all be nice.

Dec 12, 2016, 11:09 AM

After that he might go to the Jets, Niners, Jax, or Cleveland. I hope he doesn't go to any of those 4.

I've seen Trubinsky projected in the top 10 in some cases

Dec 12, 2016, 11:54 AM

If so, he's not coming back. Why would he risk that for a very limited upside of moving up few spots.

Right now he's projected to Arizona at 9 so if for some reason he doesn't come out, it could open that up for Watson, but I don't see it.

Agree with you on the Bears going Kizer.

Cleveland has 3 picks in the first 33 and other at 47. I've heard they'd like to deal with NE for Garappalo but if they are unsuccessful it's hard to imagine they ignore the QB spot with one of those picks.

Buffalo management is sending signals they'd may part with Rex Ryan and may look to move on from Tyrod Taylor as well. If that happens Watson could be in Buffalo with pick 16.

As you mentioned SF under Chip Kelly would certainly be a fit given Watson's athleticism.

From what I've read he grades out as a 2nd rounder, but because of the position scarcity, could easily go in the first round.

I think he needs 1 more year in the NCAA to push him

Dec 12, 2016, 12:18 PM

into the top 10 draft pick and receive those huge contracts.

One more year in NCAA is really his best chance to make the most money in the NFL.

Assuming he performs well in CFP and Clemson pro day....

Dec 12, 2016, 12:35 PM

1st Round - no later than 20. I would say higher but there might be other QBs that blow up the combine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,703
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic