Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When will the plug be pulled?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

When will the plug be pulled?

Nov 13, 2020, 10:45 PM

The national numbers for COVID cases are out of the roof and the question for college football is when will the end come? The positive rate numbers for the past week in SC are 6.89%, GA 8.45% and NC 6.42% but schools are still having in person classes while in Maryland, the rate is only 4.99% and the U of MD is going all virtual next week. Maybe our schools are trying to get to Thanksgiving when shutdowns are planned. Just look at the television schedule tomorrow and you will see the sand is running out of the hourglass for NCAA football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is out of the roof a scientific term?

Nov 13, 2020, 11:16 PM

Stop listening to media

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is out of the roof a scientific term?

Nov 14, 2020, 12:59 AM

Up on the roof? I’ve heard that one

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2020, 6:51 AM

Love me some James Taylor!

Nov 14, 2020, 7:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Is out of the roof a scientific term? ]

Under the Boardwalk, count?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Nov 14, 2020, 7:36 AM

Sorry I was distracted. I was gone to Carolina in my mind.

Re: When will the plug be pulled?

Nov 13, 2020, 11:25 PM

They’re pulling out all the stops to push this vaccine on us. Not goinna take it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

as long as the vaccine can get things back to normal

Nov 13, 2020, 11:28 PM

Then I'm all for it

You should stop and think a little more about what you are

Nov 14, 2020, 8:39 AM

saying.

Right now, the only reason that things aren't normal is because of government/corporate restrictions. The vaccine will only cause things to go back to normal if the government and corporations decide that its so. The vast majority of people have no need for a vaccine. It's only dangerous to a tiny part of the population, and we know who those people are. That has been proven for several months.

And there are elements of this particular vaccine that are scary. I am vaccinated, and my kids are too, so this isn't a vaccines are bad thing. It's this vaccine is VERY different that all others. It involves a friggin barcode that can be remotely scanned that holds biometric data. The idiots out there who keep thinking this is a conspiracy theory and not actually real need to do more than 0 seconds of research.

MIT researchers have now developed a novel way to record a patient’s vaccination history: storing the data in a pattern of dye, invisible to the naked eye, that is delivered under the skin at the same time as the vaccine.

https://news.mit.edu/2019/storing-vaccine-history-skin-1218

And if someone thinks its cool to have scannable data printed under their skin.... then even those pathetic souls may be troubled about other possible uses of such nano technology. If you have endless trust for pharma companies and the ultra billionaires who invest/direct them... then that's probably a bad personality flaw.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You should stop and think a little more about what you are

Nov 14, 2020, 8:53 AM

No thank you. I'll continue to wear my mask... But it makes me think am I being tracked from my flu shot?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, you are not being tracked from your flu shot.

Nov 14, 2020, 10:14 AM

The tracking thing is new and developed in concert with the vaccine for the coronavirus. This is one you would get in the mail and do yourself. It's a patch with micro-needles. Read into it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forcing the vaccine on the masses is just the start

Nov 14, 2020, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: When will the plug be pulled? ]

Just wait till they start blackballing those who dont take it. Show your papers!!! Or you cant get on a plane, train, or bus, cant go in stores, cant have a job....these ideas are not conspiracy - the psycho left is already pushing them!!! This #### gets ugly fast - i highly recommend some of you wake the #### up.

Nov 13, 2020, 11:48 PM

What a sad human being you are trying to rain on a little bit of sunshine people are enjoying this fall.

Nov 14, 2020, 12:08 AM

Not sure what your suggesting should be done. I do have bad news however, if a lockdown is what you believe is the answer, it will not work. You will wreck the economy, I mean blow it up to smithereens. The virus will persist waiting patiently until everything opens back up and then proceed on its original path. You can not shutdown a country.

Get a vaccine, have it available to those who want it, and move on with life. The time to quarantine the virus was before China let it out of their lab. Unfortunately for us, the guy who Biden is looking to place as CDC director is also the same guy in March who said he seen no reason to stop travel to and from China. The guy has somehow escaped those comments by the media. You cannot fight a pandemic and try to appease China at the same time. And that's going to spell trouble for Biden.

But, RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA!

Nov 14, 2020, 12:17 AM

It is a shame that SC did not do like California, NY, NJ and Connecticut and mandate mask back in April. SC should have also followed suit and keep everything locked down since March like those states did and then we would be not having a single issue now just like them... oooopppppssssss.... those states have been on lock down since March and had have mandatory mask rules in place since about that same time. They are seeing some of the biggest spikes of the virus as the states that have not been on lock down. If the lock downs and mask work so well, why are these states not virus free by now?
Keep the schools open and play the dang games!

Nov 14, 2020, 2:22 AM

Contrary to white the Democrats and the mainstream media wants you to believe a very large part of why we are having so many people test positive is because we are testing exponentially more people per day now than in the past. We are now testing almost 1 1/2 million people per day. Also, the number of people dying relative to the number of positive test is rapidly declining and has been for a while. All that matters is The fatality rate and that is on the decline. I don’t care how many people test positive. In a lot of ways that’s a good thing because sooner or later everyone is going to be exposed and only herd immunity is going to stop this. FYI a vaccine is an artificial way of creating herd immunity.

Well, outlaw, taz, and low country, while you were saved

Nov 14, 2020, 7:41 AM

from criticism, condemnation and vitriol for daring to speak out against the commie flu commies - perhaps they were too busy with their “this was the most honest, legal and greatest election in the history of elections” narratives to comment. However, I see they did take some time to TD your comments (well, except for you Taz. Perhaps they didn’t read your entire post?) ....

..... good lowered, what a mess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Well, outlaw, taz, and low country, while you were saved

Nov 14, 2020, 7:48 AM

Yep the TD-ers are out. Dissident opinions not allowed to be heard.

Nov 14, 2020, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Re: When will the plug be pulled? ]

The original post mentioned positive rate, which is up in the region. All things being equal, I would expect rate to go down a bit because when tests were rare, only those who had a high chance of having Covid were tested. Therefore, the higher rate is a bit concerning to me. Number dead is a good metric to use and as you said, death rate is going down because we know how to better handle Covid and isolate the vulnerable.
A other metric to watch is hospitalization rate; once hospitals are saturated, they turn away additional Covid cases and the rest of us.

That makes two metrics to watch: number dead and hospitalizations. Both lag behind positive rate. That is why people are concerned about positive rate.

Nov 14, 2020, 8:42 AM

Things are not going well re: Covid.The number of hospitalizations is rising and in some places dramatically. Deaths will increase, but the rate of death to positive tests is down significantly due to better understanding of the virus and treatments. Are college students seeing a surge of hospitalizations, much less deaths? Don't think so. So, as long as the athletes are not apparently sustaining significant harm from the virus and the games are being played before few fans and in some cases no fans, why pull the plug? If the kids want to play, let them play even if it means no fans. Even some of Biden's Covid medical advisors are against a national lockdown while potentially approving targeted lockdowns.However, another Biden advisor Dr.Michael Osterholm stated that closing businesses for 4-6 weeks while paying folks their lost income could help suppress cases and hospitalizations. Then what follows Dr Osterholm? It will flare again. We will be in winter still. The truth is that the vaccine when available may not confer long term immunity. We may be in this for many years. To me, it makes no sense to stop football if large crowds are not present. We can survive that. We will sustain great damage to our economy if we shut down again. Civil unrest will occur. People need to eat and have a roof over their head. People need diversions too. Don't pull the plug!

Nov 14, 2020, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Re: When will the plug be pulled? ]

Deaths and hospital rates lag behind positives because of 2 things, more tests and better treatment. Treatment might not be as great as the President and the right portray it, but it has not lagged behind like the media and the left have portrayed it either. Doctors have learned what red flags to look for, how to better avoid them, and how to approach them when they occur. They may still be practicing medicine, but they have had a lot of practice this year.

The other reason that they lag behind positives is the shear number of tests now. To me athletics has been a blessing, because it should allow scientists to better understand how many cases were occurring undiagnosed. Testing of the athletes, provides an entire population along with a nearly day to day monitoring of whether or not they have COVID. Many programs are trying to limit outside contact to some extent as well. Contact tracing might actually be possible under these conditions. I would likely not be aware if I caught it unless I became sick, and then I would only be able to narrow it down to Lowe's, Home Depot, Walmart, Dollar General, or wherever I ate lunch that week.

I do not think that it would be a stretch to say that most of these young men and women in the athletic programs that test positive would have never known without athletics. You might not think so, but I think that is important information. Any idea that we are endangering these kids is just plain stupid. Do you honestly think that they would be less likely to catch COVID in their home towns? They would just be less likely to know about it and get any necessary treatment.

Yes college athletics are going on in a way as normal as possible, and it is primarily because of the money. The thing that people tend to overlook is that the money gives the ability to monitor and study these young men and women, while doing so in an environment that is likely safer than the life of the normal person their age. Pull the plug? What kind of an idiot would put these kids in a more dangerous situation, while eliminating a powerful scientific tool to study this disease? I hope that we don't find out.

Nov 14, 2020, 9:19 AM

To address your original question, the worst thing we could do is cancel the season and honestly, all schools should rethink virtual after tgive or now. Safer in school than out.

If all colleges and universities had done what Clemson and Illinois did, we probably would have more games and less on campus cases.

Now, as for covid, everyone wear a mask and unfortunately we really need to shut down in person dining and bars, gyms and sadly churches in person. Just get over the fact it's an infringement on liberties. It's just temporary.

Then, you do target compensation. That 1200 check in the spring was stupid as was the 600 extra. Instead, we should just pay salary of those truly affected. Any business like bar, gym, rest etc that needs a complete shutdown, pay their expenses. Jmo, it would be cheaper than the shotgun approach.

Nov 14, 2020, 9:31 AM

It impacts the businesses that are open too though.

I believe, unfortunately, that there is a prevailing feeling

Nov 14, 2020, 9:33 AM

in the country that is causing this. It is a mix of cabin fever and false confidence.As in, "Well, I have survived all this time without getting it, I can slack off on some of these precautions a little bit." And that is exactly the attitude that is driving the increases, along with the cooler weather.

Another poster has already pointed out, this thing is NEVER going away. It is now a permanent part of life, just like polio, various flu strains, and other diseases that you have to be vaccinated against. That will have to become part of the new normal, once vaccines are widely available. And, like the flu, this thing will mutate, requiring different vaccines to combat the new strains.

Life just ain't ever going to be exactly the same again as it was prior to Covid.

All that being said, college football players still have a BETTER chance of not catching this thing than the public at large, due to all the EXTRA precautions being taken and paid for on their behalf. I think the season will survive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic