Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When teams go undefeated like UCF did and miss the playoffs?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,652

When teams go undefeated like UCF did and miss the playoffs?

Oct 22, 2019, 1:45 PM

They have every right to claim they are national champions. And no I’m not Talking about Clemson because Clemson is going to the playoffs and will win a national championship. But when App st beats usuck. And goes undefeated they have no chance of being in the playoffs but why shouldn’t they still make rings for there players and have a championship parade. It will be cool because usuck would have lost to both national champions Clemson and App st. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because they're not the National Champions. Hope that helps***

Oct 22, 2019, 2:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Because they're not the National Champions. Hope that helps***

Oct 23, 2019, 7:25 AM

There.

As in “No national champions exist over there in Boone, NC.”

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

their***

Oct 22, 2019, 2:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: When teams go undefeated like UCF did and miss the playoffs?

Oct 22, 2019, 2:28 PM

Just because you go undefeated does not make you the champion. Nor does it mean you did not have a good season. There are time in which you just have to build the brand.

Otherwise, we should make rings for the '48 team.

Oy vey

Oct 22, 2019, 2:33 PM

???????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 3:12 PM

Unpopular on this board...I know....but its only a problem in FBS. Any other sport at any other level, you don't have:

1) Any debate about who won the title? Sure you may question an official call/ruling here or there but there is no debate on the title winner. From PeeWee baseball to NFL Super Bowl to the Masters to NBA Finals. Its decided on the field - not in a room of 13 people.
2) To go along with that, FBS is the only level of any sport where you hear things like "but you don't play anybody!" or "You just feed on cupcakes".

Co-worker and I discussed at lunch that maybe there should be a 2nd league between FBS and FCS. It would still be 2x the size of NFL (32 teams) vs Power 5 League (65 I think). That is still HUGE league to widdle down to one champ by one-the-field-play alone.

Nonsense

Oct 22, 2019, 3:15 PM

Ucf didn't claim themselves NC...the NCAA did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Nonsense

Oct 23, 2019, 1:42 PM

This is right.

There are several 3rd party recognizing agents to select the national champion in FBS football. The CFP is merely the most visible of these 3rd parties. UCF was recognized by one of the authorized media outlets, I think.

Jessy Palmer sure is an idgit!***

Oct 22, 2019, 3:22 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em u5c coot

Oct 23, 2019, 12:22 AM

Oct 23, 2019, 8:25 AM

Wake up and spin it Coot troll!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,652
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic