Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When I looked at the ACC schedule, I thought
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,444

When I looked at the ACC schedule, I thought

Jan 26, 2019, 5:40 PM

"Wow. That is a BRUTAL opening stretch. We could play decent ball and start 1-5."

That's what's happened.

I'm not ready to jump off a bridge or abandon the team. I don't understand why so many others are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: When I looked at the ACC schedule, I thought

Jan 26, 2019, 6:06 PM

While I agree this team just seems to lack something. I'm not sure if its chemistry or what. Last year when Donte got hurt Gabe stepped up. Maybe we just miss him but to have the proven experience at guard and yet the back court has been very mediocre. ET plays great if we can keep him on the floor

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We miss the 3rd ball handler Grantham and Devoe

Jan 26, 2019, 6:31 PM

provided a lot. Right now we're starting 3 power forwards. I actually wouldn't mind an adjustment where maybe we start Trapp and bring Simms or Skara off the bench

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's called confidence***

Jan 26, 2019, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: When I looked at the ACC schedule, I thought ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought we’d be 1-5 unless we stole one

Jan 26, 2019, 6:18 PM

against SU FSU or State on the road. We had an opportunity to do so twice this week especially today. That one should have been ours. We lost 1or 2 more in the non conf schedule than I thought but some of that can be attributed to injury setbacks I think. Bottom line, I expected us to go on a streak after the 1-5 start. Some of those games look tougher now , as from what I’ve seen, most of those opponents are better than I gave them credit for I’m the pre-season. Imperative we protect the home court and steal 1 or 2 on the road( which is hard even against the “bottom” of the league). Hopefully this team doesn’t let the ending today cost them another game. Keep grinding.

Jan 26, 2019, 6:40 PM

So you thought a 1-5 start was a possibility to start acc before season started with a team returning 4 seniors and off a sweet 16 run. Ok

Jan 26, 2019, 7:28 PM

Just curious: Which games did you have penciled in as a win other than Georgia Tech at home?

Duke on the road?

Syracuse (only league team to beat Duke) in the Carrier Dome?

Top-five UVA at home?

FSU on the road?

NC State on the road?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 26, 2019, 8:31 PM

If you are talking about before season even started them i would have hoped for wins over all acc teams we played so far except duke and uva. Had a chance against fsu and blew it and today against nc st. Didn't know anything about cuse so I couldn't have just said prolly a loss. Was thinking 3 and 3 would be a good start.

Maybe it's time for you to adjust your expectations.

Jan 26, 2019, 8:40 PM

Come, I'll tell you a story about Clemson basketball.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I knew DeVoe would be sorely missed. He literally put the team

Jan 26, 2019, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: When I looked at the ACC schedule, I thought ]

on his shoulders after Grantham went down. Mitchell has always been somewhat inconsistent, but he has regressed this year. I had hoped Sims would make marked improved, somewhat like Grantham did last year, but he really hasn't. The new guy White hasn't contributed much at all. Newman looks to have some potential, but isn't quite ready for prime time!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 9:00 PM

It just sucks because we had FSU and we really had State. We can win 6 out of the next 7 tho easily imo

not with bonehead gameday coaching***

Jan 26, 2019, 9:26 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The mere fact that a 1-5 start for a team that returned

Jan 26, 2019, 9:07 PM

4 starters was not unexpected speaks volumes.

speaks volumes about the difficulty of the league

Jan 26, 2019, 10:46 PM

and drawing the short straw start of ACC scheduling this year compared to some others.

We lost at State last year by 1 and they are better this year IMO. FSU went deeper than us last year I believe(Final 8 I think). Duke UVA - not anywhere close. SU at Carrier Dome and matchup zone never easy. The next stretch of games are what can make our season or break it - if was never about the 1st 6 games

Keep in mind you are mostly dealing with football fans

Jan 26, 2019, 10:54 PM

who only support the basketball team when they are winning, but have no problem complaining ad nauseam when they aren't.

These are the people who look at what Dabo has done for football, and think that everything would be great for our basketball team if we just got a Dabo for basketball. Little do they understand how much easier football success is, especially at Clemson which has a strong football tradition, fans who actually care about football, and an administration which has literally given him the best facilities in the nation, the highest pain assistant coaches in the nation, and the best support staff in the nation.

Basketball? Well, we finally updated our facilities to get us in the top half in the ACC (top third at best), and fans expect him to already be signing McDonald's All-Americans. That Sweet 16 appearance last year? That wasn't coaching, that was dumb luck.

To top it all off, there is no reasoning with them. Brownell stinks and you do too if you are willing to see how the season plays out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,444
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic