Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's up with the turf at Death Valley?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

What's up with the turf at Death Valley?

Oct 25, 2020, 9:25 PM

Genuinely curious as have seen many natural turf fields looking lush and green this weekend while we have brown gaps all over. Had same issue last year as I recall. Certainly not a big deal, just wondering.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: What's up with the turf at Death Valley?

Oct 25, 2020, 9:28 PM

Has it been overseeded?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've always had a beautiful field. Worrisome when

Oct 25, 2020, 9:29 PM

it's not.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 9:29 PM

Hard to grow grass in the harsh desert climate. ;)

I agree, field looked bad in person compared to others I saw on TV after the game. I always thought Clemson excelled at having beautiful athletic fields but not the last few years. I am curious about this situation too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, I flipped back and forth between probably 3-4...

Oct 25, 2020, 9:38 PM

...games after ours on grass and the fields were immaculate looking. Case in point was LSU's field. Nothing but green and no gaps. Not sure why we can't do that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: If only we had a good turf grass management program

Oct 25, 2020, 9:45 PM

Saarcasm. We do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2020, 9:04 AM

I've been wondering that for the last few years.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Oct 26, 2020, 12:23 PM

I think the short answer is that the quality of the turf and playability is not measured by color ....... and our field was just fine. However, the fans (and TV cameras) like to see the field green and looking flawless. The Bermudagrass is now going dormant, so you are starting to see some brown patches. I think for the past number of years we have been painting rather than overseeding with Ryegrass, which is not particularly good for the Bermuda. It is probably getting a little late for overseeding, so I suspect that it will be painted for our next game. It will look better on TV and inperson but will not help the playability one iota.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic