Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's more embarrassing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

What's more embarrassing

Mar 26, 2014, 5:34 PM

Us showing our boys some love at the end of the game

Or

Espn trying to push Pacers/Heat with live hourly coverage check ins from Indy?

For me it's a no brained. Keep pumping the NBA but most of us could care less about two teams jockeying for playoff spots. Our team actually plays defense, how about your beloved crumby nba teams? Didn't think so.

I think outlining our passion for college sports is commendable. If it had been Alabama they'd have said Oh look the football enthusiasm rolled over into basketball season. I think its so hypocritical. You show up in town and roll out the red carpet every Saturday somewhere in the fall. Then you offer "fan experiences" and the "Heisman fan zone", and ask people to be as loud as they want while attending your show. So you promote school.pride and the fan experience but you mock us for being passionate? What a ridiculous double standard.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is nothing worse than

Mar 26, 2014, 5:45 PM

the NBA.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is nothing worse than

Mar 26, 2014, 5:53 PM

Agree with ya there. Once every 4 years I watch the occasional Olympic curling match but NEVER do I watch the nba. And I don't need some spray tan, fake blonde, Yankee shawna telling me it's not ok to celebrate. Give that broad 3 wine coolers and she's lightin the wrong end of a cigarette while singing britney spears.

Trust me on the one folks. Trust me. I'm not saying I majored in wimmens studies but yea I've got an honorary phd in wimmens.

every guy over 20 does,too.well except for those other kind***

Mar 27, 2014, 11:28 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NBA makes college basketball look like ...

Mar 26, 2014, 5:54 PM [ in reply to There is nothing worse than ]

9-10 year old rec league. Respectfully disagreeing, but college basketball isn't even a shell of its former self. If you like long scoring droughts, then college basketball is for you. If you like scoring in basketball, then the NBA fits your tastes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The WNBA***

Mar 27, 2014, 6:09 AM [ in reply to There is nothing worse than ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ THIS

Mar 27, 2014, 9:07 AM

!

The thing about the Pacers/Heat game is...

Mar 26, 2014, 5:49 PM

the outcome of one regular season game has zero effect on the playoffs.

Re: The thing about the Pacers/Heat game is...

Mar 26, 2014, 6:06 PM

could effect home field advantage - the NIT has NO effect on CBB playoffs

So what. It's a series. Not just one game.***

Mar 26, 2014, 6:09 PM

You don't NBA much do you

Mar 27, 2014, 2:39 PM

In a 7 game series would you rather play game 7 at home or on the road? The Pacers are significantly better at home than on the road this year.

if you think the NBA is good basketball

Mar 26, 2014, 6:30 PM [ in reply to The thing about the Pacers/Heat game is... ]

then you just started watching it recently.

Talk about a shell of its former self.

Name the best center in the NBA.......or how about, name ANY center in the NBA. It's pathetic.

Re: if you think the NBA is good basketball

Mar 26, 2014, 10:14 PM

Roy Hibbert???

Mar 26, 2014, 10:16 PM [ in reply to if you think the NBA is good basketball ]

Dwight Howard..boom

Is that big, tall red headed dude from UCLA still playing

Mar 27, 2014, 6:28 AM

for that one team or is he playing for that other team now ?

Or how about that dude that liked to try & fight all the time for that team up north. He played with that point guard from the Hoosiers . . .

BEWM ! I just named TWO ! ! !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Is that white dude still making baskets off the

Mar 27, 2014, 6:54 AM

blimp?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Was he a center ? Please try & stay focused on the

Mar 27, 2014, 7:01 AM

challenge.

See my post for a great example of winning the challenge if you need further assistance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

They all look the same to me.***

Mar 27, 2014, 7:30 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Ahhhhh . . . well . . . there is always that.***

Mar 27, 2014, 8:49 AM

Hibbert is a great center, probably best in NBA.

Mar 27, 2014, 6:40 AM [ in reply to if you think the NBA is good basketball ]

Regular season ain't that great but NBA playoff basketball is better than ever. They did change the rule to not allow hand checking back in the 90's....has hurt the D.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Basketball in the 80s and 90s with Laimbeer and the Pistons

Mar 27, 2014, 9:06 AM

was football on the hardwood. I'm glad they've moved away from that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2014, 9:17 AM [ in reply to if you think the NBA is good basketball ]

People already mentioned Hibbert and Howard, but what's your point about there not being as many big-name centers? The game has changed. Two decades ago, running back was the offensive position in football (both NFL & College) and now it's fallen far behind QB and even WR as far as noteworthiness. Adrian Peterson is the only true marquee running back in the league at this point.

Instead of centers, the NBA now focuses on point guards. It doesn't make the sport a "shell of its former self", it simply means the game has changed...and for many people, it's changed for the better.

Mar 27, 2014, 9:17 AM

I will never understand why T-Net blocks out the word m.a.r.q.u.e.e

Re: Re: if you think the NBA is good basketball

Mar 27, 2014, 9:22 AM

Probably because of some underlying Java code or something. I believe ###### is censored as well.

It's HTML, some reason B-Meist doesn't want you

Mar 27, 2014, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: if you think the NBA is good basketball ]

to be able to scroll your text in fun ways...

Blocking scrípt is more understandable because you can inject javascript then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: The thing about the Pacers/Heat game is...

Mar 26, 2014, 10:48 PM [ in reply to The thing about the Pacers/Heat game is... ]

I don't even watch until they get to the playoffs and that's only if the Braves aren't playing!

Pacers moved one step closer to gaining home

Mar 27, 2014, 7:27 AM [ in reply to The thing about the Pacers/Heat game is... ]

court edge in playoffs over Heat which would be huge for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pacers and heat are two of the only team in the NBA

Mar 26, 2014, 5:56 PM

That do play good defense.

Good luck trying to convince me to care about lebaron james

Mar 26, 2014, 6:05 PM

I'd much rather catch an NIT game tonight.

Just like in the NFL, the best teams play very good defense

Mar 26, 2014, 7:03 PM

and the lesser teams, not so much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bad analogy imo. Ever seen the way basketball players flop.

Mar 26, 2014, 8:27 PM

The nba is such a watered down, non contact league. I don't call that defense. Now in the 80's and early 90's they did play D. But nowadays not so much. Ever see an Nba team run a full court press consistently.

It is the perfect analogy. And just like football the game

Mar 27, 2014, 8:57 AM

has evolved to allow more scoring. Gotta keep your hands off the wide receivers now. Holding happens all over the field and is only selectively called. I could go on and on.

Your point about the full court press is absolutely ridiculous. When has that been a mainstay of any league from little league to the NBA and what does it have to do with good defense?

Final score last night: 84-83 after 48 minutes. That sounds about like one of our games if we played 48 minutes. 2 flagrant fouls, one ejection. Great defensive game.

It's obvious you haven't seen an NBA game in a long long time.

NBA is WAAAAY better than ncaa right now

Mar 26, 2014, 10:45 PM

1 and done, 35 sec shot clock and new foul rules have led to one of the worst eras in ncaa bball.

Rules and poor ref'ing.

Mar 27, 2014, 5:59 AM

nm

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heat and Pacers play better defense than any team in the

Mar 27, 2014, 6:36 AM

whole world.

They are probably the two best teams in whole world. Why wouldd't ESPN pump that?

Has to be #2...#1 not the slightest bit embarrassing

Mar 27, 2014, 7:18 AM

But what is Pacers/Heat, and who is Espn?

Re: What's more embarrassing

Mar 27, 2014, 9:13 AM

I would say pushing the Heat/Pacers is probably a much better strategy than showing the postgame of an NIT matchup.

You may not like the NBA, but much of the country does. The major cities often drive ad revenue, and they like professional hoops.

College basketball is virtually unwatchable outside of the tournament.

Re: Re: What's more embarrassing

Mar 27, 2014, 9:25 AM

Agree, from a strategic standpoint. But for espn to mock celebration is hypocritical.

They show up on campuses nationwide and offer this unique fan experience while often highlighting the college community and it's culture. They embrace posters and fanfare on their gameday show yet they they knock us for a celebration. That's the angle I was kinda aiming for.

But many who have been along for the ride this season will tell ya this is a much improved team who deserves some celebration.

Re: Re: What's more embarrassing

Mar 27, 2014, 9:32 AM

Ah ok, I assume you're referring to Finebaum's comments yesterday then? To be perfectly honest, I haven't watched any Clemson basketball, so I thought you were upset about ESPN cutting away from postgame coverage of our game in order to run a segment pumping up the Pacers-Heat

So it's not embarrassing to push the NBA game then?

Mar 27, 2014, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Re: What's more embarrassing ]

You seem to be backtracking...

i only care about the NBA in the playoffs***

Mar 27, 2014, 4:33 PM

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic