Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's going to suck Monday is having tons of bama fans in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,353

What's going to suck Monday is having tons of bama fans in

Jan 4, 2017, 11:50 AM

Clemson sections, after having the ticket office deny IPTAY members tickets. Those people that bought extras just to put them up for sale should lose all IPTAY privileges. (I'm not talking about the people who may have had someone cancel on the trip or something similar)

I'll be there, in terrible seats...but my father won't because of this ticket fiasco. Thanks for that.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to oversell the ticket allotment should be fired.

Ny $0.02.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A good son would give his Dad his ticket ...***

Jan 4, 2017, 12:04 PM

Except then I'd be divorced. And out a non-refundable

Jan 4, 2017, 12:07 PM

plane ticket. So...

That was good excuse ^^^^

Jan 4, 2017, 12:49 PM

??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's going to suck Monday is having tons of bama fans in

Jan 4, 2017, 1:02 PM

Wait, who oversold the ticket allotment?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2017, 1:17 PM

My Dad wentus to the ticket office in Clemson yesterday. They told him they had 25,000 ticket requests and only had 19,500 to give out. I had a sinking feeling some of us would be left out.....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2017, 1:31 PM

That's not overselling. They had people put in requests to see where they would need to set the limits on number of tickets per priority points. They knew how many tickets they would be receiving for the game and can't increase that value. Once they set the limits, they sent out emails clearly defining those limits. Everyone who requested a ticket got at least 2, but if you didn't have enough points to qualify you for the number you requested, then you only got the number you were qualified for according to your priority points. It sucks, but it's the most fair way to do it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oversold was the wrong way to put it. The point still

Jan 4, 2017, 1:59 PM

remains that it sucks that some of the people that bought through IPTAY, got tickets for the sole purpose of reselling, shafting other members who needed those seats and are now scrambling to find tickets.

IPTAY dragging it's feet through the process, while not communicating with members AT ALL is disgraceful. According to the email I received from them today, all I'm guaranteed at this point is that I'll have confirmation of some number of tickets tomorrow...

The system needs fixing.

Re: Oversold was the wrong way to put it. The point still

Jan 4, 2017, 2:08 PM

It does suck, but it's going to happen. I do think it would've been nice to receive an email like they sent out last year letting people know what the schedule was. Besides that, I feel like the info they gave us in the emails before the Semifinal game pretty clearly let everyone know how many tickets they were getting based on their number of priority points.

Except that their last email said that I should have been

Jan 4, 2017, 2:15 PM

able to get 8 tickets...I should have been ok with my order for 5, right? At best I have 4 but will have to wait until tomorrow to know for sure. We made plans based on that email and now have a problem that they can't/won't help with.

I'm just pissed right now because IPTAY screwed up all of our plans.

Re: Except that their last email said that I should have been

Jan 4, 2017, 3:11 PM

In that case, no. I would be pissed too. You're the first person I've heard of that didn't get the number they requested within their limits, and I would definitely follow up with them about it. Seems like something is messed up there.

IPTAY actually called

Jan 4, 2017, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Oversold was the wrong way to put it. The point still ]

people with high numbers of tickets requested to see if they actually would use their amount within their allotment.

It must have been a good compromise, since everyone is pi$$ed.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 4, 2017, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: What's going to suck Monday is having tons of bama fans in ]

Yes he was left out because he did not have enough points. I did not indicate it was unfair.

Jan 4, 2017, 2:10 PM

My apologies. I replied with the assumption that you were the OP talking about overselling tickets, since you replied to my response to that :)

Jan 4, 2017, 2:13 PM

No problem! We already knew he did not have enough points...but he went yesterday just to see if there were any options through IPTAY. Nope....but we have tickets now.

So excited!

Jan 4, 2017, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: What's going to suck Monday is having tons of bama fans in ]

What the heck are you talking about? Clemson got more requests for tickets than tickets! How is that overselling. Every Iptay member got at least 2 tickets if they requested them. Do you think they will just go print more tickets because we want them? Your statement makes no sense whatsoever.

Jan 4, 2017, 2:03 PM

I did not say overselling.

Jan 4, 2017, 1:21 PM

Alabama did not fill their ticket allotment. Go look at vivid seats alabamas sections have lots of tickets.

I used to buy tickets straight from bowls. They

Jan 4, 2017, 1:55 PM

always had some left. Since this is not an actual bowl, I don't how that would work. Does the NCAA sell tickets?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I used to buy tickets straight from bowls. They

Jan 4, 2017, 2:03 PM

TeamTix sell tickets. Primesport sells tickets in some of their packages. I would think there are corporate tickets sold and sponsors get tickets. I expect there are tickets and/or suites given to the NCAA to send whomever they see fit.

I'm curious too if there are any groups that I am missing. Supposedly the teams get half of the tickets (seems more like 2/3 to me based on numbers). I'd be interested to know how the remainder of those tickets get distributed and who has access to them.

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,353
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic