Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's With The Chad Negative Talk?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

What's With The Chad Negative Talk?

Sep 25, 2019, 11:27 AM

Sure, he's having a bumpy run at Arky but that guy was instrumental in getting Clemson to where we are now. He opened this offense up and took players like Tajh Boyd and elevated them by knowing how to use them.

Was he perfect? No..I thought he got a little too cute with trick plays occasionally and he never knew how to slow the pace down, but he was exactly the guy we need at the time.

I also think Tony Elliott and Jeff Scott really learned a lot and more so improve on what Morris built as was very quickly show when Cole Stout had the best game of his career in the bowl by simplifying things and playing to his strengths and not forcing him to play out of his skill set.

Even I sound a little critical but I'm not.

Say what you want, but he isn't afraid to go into dumpster fires and try to put the flames out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Good assessment...wish him well, wish KB had gone there***

Sep 25, 2019, 11:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I completely agree and posted so some time ago.

Sep 25, 2019, 2:48 PM

In fact I question whether or not we would be where we are today had Chad Morris not come to Clemson.

And I'd suggest our coaching staff would agree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I completely agree and posted so some time ago.

Sep 25, 2019, 3:14 PM

I honestly believe that we wouldn't be where we are if he hadn't come here. That being said, I honestly believe we wouldn't be where we are if he had stayed here.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 3:16 PM

Yup, that is the best review of his tenure.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I completely agree and posted so some time ago. ]

Yes and yes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 3:21 PM [ in reply to I completely agree and posted so some time ago. ]

We 100% would not be where we are without Chad. Dabo of course receives & deserves the lion's share of the credit but we cannot ignore the contributions that Chad made to our program. It was his offense that kick-started the program and pushed guys like Tajh, Sammy & Nuk to the front pages of ESPN. His offense is what started the tradition of #WRU. Last, but certainly not least, he's the one who got Deshaun to Clemson. Dabo is the one who has taken this program to the mountain top, but it wouldn't have happened without those massive contributions.

Re: What's With The Chad Negative Talk?

Sep 25, 2019, 4:07 PM

The Chad is a perfect example of a great OC...not a very good HC.

He should be a warning to a lot of these assistants that seem to insist on being a head coach some day. Not everyone is cut out for that job.

One other note: Stoudt also benefitted from the addition of Streeter as QB coach. I wonder how much better he would have been with a dedicated QB coach during the season.

Stoudt just didn’t workout***

Sep 25, 2019, 4:51 PM

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic