Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What really tears up the coaches and media members
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

What really tears up the coaches and media members

Oct 14, 2019, 1:10 PM

that get to vote in these polls is that these polls are meaningless and their vote matters little to none. The cfp poll is the only poll that determines anything of merit. So these anti Clemson fools can bash all they won’t because they sure can’t do anything else. They haven’t been able to disrail Clemson and it’s driving them nuts and I don’t think Clemson is going to be slowing down for a long time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What really tears up the coaches and media members

Oct 14, 2019, 1:55 PM

Does the CFP committee have to use the other polls in some kind of formula or can they just completely ignore them and make their own from scratch?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2019, 2:18 PM

Their focus by the time they start putting together their finalists group is likely only a handful of teams to begin with .
A lot can happen that last few weeks as we all know but by late November there's really onlyever about 8 or fewer teams that can make any legitimate argument to be in their discussions .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

All previous polls mean nothing to the CFP - does not factor

Oct 14, 2019, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: What really tears up the coaches and media members ]

into their ranking in any way. For some reason some folks on this board seem to think the CFP Committee members listen to the medias talking heads and will act accordingly. Since the sports media's opinions don't mean squat to me I can only imagine the talking head opinions mean even less than squat to the CFP Committee who has their own criteria and access to more data than any talking head.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2019, 2:04 PM

I dont think they care as much as you think they do. They aren't that emotional.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2019, 2:22 PM

The east coast writers are lazy. Give them a big name like Oklahoma, Alabama, Ohio Sate or Southern Cal and they latch on without close examination of the competition. But if you are TCU or Baylor in 2014 and UCF in 2017 and Wisconsin this year they give you no run. I would even say Oregon has played their way back into the conversation if they win out but the hacks don’t want to stay up past 11:00 pm to watch the PAC 12. They outplayed Auburn but pissed it away in the 2nd half. If there are only two undefeateds left, the Ducks deserve a second look. Things are about to get real the next several weeks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic