Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is youre worst Game experience as far as the stands go?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

What is youre worst Game experience as far as the stands go?

Apr 25, 2012, 1:34 AM

Ignoring the play on the field, what was the worst experience you ever had at a College football game?

Mine had to be at the Scar game last year, I was in one of the Clemson section (upperdeck 50 yd line, don't care enough about the stadium to know how they name it). Older Clemson "fan" there, proceeded to make the entire section miserable, even before it looked like we were going to lose. I can handle dumpers on the internet, but there is only so much whining by a 50-60 year old man I could take in person. I have had things thrown at me by other teams fans, but it never quite irked me like that one man did.

What is yours?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The 2006 Music City Bowl BY FAR

Apr 25, 2012, 1:49 AM

I was in the band at the time. And yeah, it's normal to get taunted by the opposing team and all...but the Kentucky fans were just plain rude and awful. Maybe I met the wrong ones but it was just a miserable experience all around (and it doesn't help that we got our ##### handed to us in the game either).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

when the ole west virgina woman asked.."Are yawl really the.

Apr 25, 2012, 5:11 AM

best team the acc has?...We reeeaaally were not that good this year." Had the stupiest looking two tooth smirk on her face liked to have slapped her!

carter finley

Apr 25, 2012, 7:56 AM

the last three times at Carter-Finley, even though the first two of these games were wins the people around us were unbearable and we were minding our business like our football team was. But then last year was just funny as I was told by a fan of theirs walking back to the car, "we kept ya'll from going to the ACC championship game and now we are bowl eligible." So not only did he not where our team stood, he didn't even know about his own team!
Go Tigers!

Re: The 2006 Music City Bowl BY FAR

Apr 25, 2012, 7:33 AM [ in reply to The 2006 Music City Bowl BY FAR ]

Same game, afterwards had a guy come slam his face against our car, basically lick the whole passenger side window, then give a double middle finger. We'd just driven a few hours from Greenville in that same car, so I like to think he got some slightly dangerous in his belly later.

Clemson

Re: What is youre worst Game experience as far as the stands go?

Apr 25, 2012, 7:07 AM

Was the 3:30 GT game about 6 years ago. Was sitting in the first row of the upper deck down in Atlanta on the Clemson side. My wife suddenly flinched and turned around while saying to me she was pretty sure she'd been hit by a piece of ice. I stand up and take a look around scanning the possible wrong doers with a very tough glare on my face. Nobody is wanting to take responsibility for their actions so i return to watching the game. Out of sheer luck I happen to turn back around just on the notion that I may see the jackleg who threw and low and behold about 15 rows up a little Asian GT student was in mid-throw about to hurl another piece down at us. Well, this sends me into a fit and I commence to sending up profanities to him and informing him just how badly I could beat him. He is with friends and doesn't want to seem like a puddin' so he invites me to come up which i most graciously accepted. As I tore up the bleachers, a group of fellow Clemson fans sitting beside us corralled me by any method possible in time for the GT student to scamper out but not before security was there to pick him up at the portal. Probably the maddest I've been at a game by far. Throw ice at me all day but dont mess with the womens...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2011 USC Game

Apr 25, 2012, 7:28 AM

I took my girlfriend to her first college football game ever this past November. Unfortunately it had to be at willy brice. Anyway, I was watching the pre-game stuff on the field and these two older and very large guys (#### fans) in front of me are blistering drunk and jumping and dancing around. When they start to play the entrance music, you know that 2001 thing, they get wild and start pushing each other and jumping higher when the biggest one just stops... stares around a minute, then projectile vomits all over the young girl in front of him and himself. He then passed out and they had to bring in the EMS. It was awful. The smell, the chunks of food, the young girl. They ended up making us move into the aisle for half the game while it was cleaned and bleached. Not to mention, we lost and my girlfriend and I had cups and doo doo ice thrown at us on the way out. That was by far my worst experience. I am a recent Clem grad and I attended all home games and most away games and Tiger fans are never even close to them.

We have a winner.***

Apr 25, 2012, 8:27 AM

Re: 2011 USC Game

Apr 25, 2012, 9:02 AM [ in reply to 2011 USC Game ]

Yep, you win.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2011 USC Game

Apr 25, 2012, 9:18 AM [ in reply to 2011 USC Game ]

It was an experience. It was a shame that was my fiance's first college game. But luckily after that I made sure I contacted IPTAY and now I'm buying my first set of season tickets since I left tigertown. She needs to see how prideful and classy Tiger fans can be compared to the jersey and jort wearing dirt peckers.

Game, set, match.

Apr 25, 2012, 10:17 AM [ in reply to 2011 USC Game ]

I can't come close to topping that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

any game at smelly brice is obnoxious.***

Apr 25, 2012, 1:06 PM [ in reply to 2011 USC Game ]

I'm afraid I can't top that. Point for your misfortune.***

Apr 25, 2012, 1:13 PM [ in reply to 2011 USC Game ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is just a normal gameday experience at that "hole"!***

Apr 26, 2012, 6:10 PM [ in reply to 2011 USC Game ]

Chapel Hill...1981. I've never been around so much liquor.

Apr 25, 2012, 7:30 AM

It was bad enough the way they acted towards Clemson. But when their own team made a bad play, they would curse and boo them as well. Right after we recovered the lateral, a bottle missed my head by about two inches. As I left the game, there was a "cowboy" passed out on the hood of a huge Caddy parked right at the stadium entrance. Slobber was running from his mouth. One of their huge donors!

If I had gotten pulled over on the way home, I would have been arrested purely by smell of alcohol because I kept getting drenched.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mid 1990's

Apr 25, 2012, 7:38 AM

Peach bowl vs lsu......had to fight our way off the marta after the game....them drunk ### caguns were rough.

Any game at the billy brice.

Apr 25, 2012, 7:41 AM

stadium sucks as do most the fans.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Apr 25, 2012, 8:00 AM

Kentucky fans in 06 or Tennessee fans prior to the Peach in 03.

Both were awful.

Best IMO were the Auburn group in the Peach or the Nebraska group a few years ago.

null

Apr 25, 2012, 8:23 AM

The Wake Forest game in W_S where we got our ##### handed to us. There was this smart alec "Clemson" fan? who ranted the whole game about Bowden. He was telling everyone how much TB made for each play and saying he had inside information that Bill Parcels would be named Clemson's head coach on Tuesday. He kept this up for three quarters. The more people told him gto shut up the more he raved. Finally someone sent security after him.

The second was at Duke a few years ago. Was sitting in the stands on the 50 yard line and there was this older couple in front of me who were obviously Duke fans although they were very complimentary toward Clemson. Then this drunk punk in Clemson gear sat down and tried to impress his girl by cursing this couple and telling them how awful Duke was. Made a total @$$ of himself to the point his girl got up and left. He then went somewhere and never came back. I apologized for Clemson stating all our fans weren't like that. The little old lady who must have been 80 smiled sweetly and said, "It's ok, we have our share of @$$-holes too!"

LOL. A UT fan said to me after the game, " Well, we will

Apr 25, 2012, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: What is youre worst Game experience as far as the stands go? ]

still be ranked higher than y'all will be"..............

Remember when Wake trounced us in Winston-Salem?

Apr 25, 2012, 8:28 AM

We headed for the exits early when WF was up 45-0 ... just as we got out to the parking lot, I guess TB had us lining up for a FG ... a Wake fan yelled from to top of the bleachers "Hey Clemson fans, where ya goin? You only need 10 more field goals, and you're right back in it" ... TB lost my support that day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember when Wake trounced us in Winston-Salem?

Apr 25, 2012, 8:30 AM

thought tommy had been gone quite awhile now.

I think he's still on the payroll.***

Apr 25, 2012, 8:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At Ga. Tech

Apr 25, 2012, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Remember when Wake trounced us in Winston-Salem? ]

I think it was the '99 game. My dad and I sat near the top of the lower deck. The upper deck extended over my seat and there was something leaking in several spots all around us. The view was obstructed by columns. TV's were mounted on the columns but really just obstructed more of the view. Also, because we were on the visitors side, the TV's action actually ran in the opposite direction as to what was on the field - more annoying than helpful.

Also, the loss at Duke one week after winning in Miami.

Apr 25, 2012, 8:37 AM

1998 at SC
With a combined 3 wins between us, I sat a few rows behind the sc team bench. Knowing I was deep in enemy territory (not to mention we only had 2 wins) I was not obnoxious, loud or attention grabbing by any stretch. However, every time Clemson made a play, scored, etc I received complimentarily ice and popcorn as well as a few choice words.

2001 at Wake Forest
Surprisingly the worst fans I have ever encountered. They harassed and cursed me and my girlfriend the entire game.

Apr 25, 2012, 8:44 AM

2008 @ SC
Sitting in the Clemson section, a belligerent drunk Clemson fan standing on the twirly whirly ramps started getting into it with a sc fan below in the stands below. He continued with a vulgar tirade yelling stuff like “I f*** your mamma / wife last night,” etc. Even with the Clemson fans demanding he remove his orange, he wouldn’t stop until some other Clemson fans introduced him to security.

Apr 25, 2012, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: What is youre worst Game experience as far as the stands go? ]

1998 vs USUC was in Death Valley. That was my first Clemson vs USC game in person.

Any game at Duke or South Carolina

Apr 25, 2012, 8:48 AM

fell asleep at a Clemson/Duke game. A bad High School JV game has more atmosphere.

Don't really like any game at the Ga Dome, especially if I'm sitting lower deck.

worst opposing fan experience was @ vpi&su in '77, worst

Apr 25, 2012, 9:36 AM

game experience might have been thursday night game against ncst in '02, it got lonely in DV in the 4th quarter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gaffney High late 70's early 80's. Never seen as much

Apr 25, 2012, 9:41 AM

liquor at a college game as there was in the stands at those high school games. Then the car damage in the parking lot afterwards if you had a non-gaffney sticker on your car. Friends (from Gaffney) jokingly acknowledge that Gaffney teaches Brick Throwing 101 to freshmen, and that some fail and have to take it again the next year.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thu night at VT. Ugliest girls ever all cussing up a storm

Apr 25, 2012, 1:19 PM

people so drunk they were literally passed out in the isles going up to the stands, some redneck grabbing my girlfriend's butt as we get to our seats, and then the game itself was awful. Plus I drove up and back the same day and went to work the next day. All in all, it was terrible.

Apr 25, 2012, 9:59 AM

2004..South Carolina/Clemson game. One of my best friends that went to Clemson got me a ticket (it was on the hill). Not being a Clemson fan, I kept to my self but there was this girl standing behind me (drunk out of her mind) kept tapping me on the shoulder and cussing at me.

04 Clemson/UNC game: Like the other game, my friend got me a ticket (on the hill). Had a man with his wife and little boy sitting near us. Somehow he found out that I was not a Clemson fan and then starting telling me to go to hell and cussing at me in front of his little boy.

08 Clemson/GT game: Went with my wife (which she went to Clemson). Walking towards the stadium, we had to go through a section of GT fans. They were trash talking everybody that went through there that was not GT. Our seats where in the upper deck and a couple of GT fans ruined the afternoon with the way they acted.

Apr 25, 2012, 10:15 AM

So you got yelled at while on the hill surrounded by students... poor baby.

null

Apr 25, 2012, 10:19 AM

Oh I'm not complaining...I knew there would be immature fans..every team has them.

Apr 25, 2012, 10:20 AM

You put yourself in that situation. You go into ANY student section in the country wearing gear not from that school and you will get treated the same way.

That is no ones fault but your own.

null

Apr 25, 2012, 10:22 AM

Like I said...I'm not complaining. It was a free ticket.

Apr 25, 2012, 1:27 PM

You are describing your "Worst Game Experience" that sounds like complaining to me. I just think its pathetic you are complaining about a situation that was 99% your own fault.

null

Apr 25, 2012, 1:52 PM

haha...okay dude whatever you say

Apr 26, 2012, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: What is youre worst Game experience as far as the stands go? ]

Sounds to me like you are one of those students who does the cussing.

Even though it is expected in that situation (which is sad in itself), it is not acceptable behavior in any way.

Apr 26, 2012, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Re: What is youre worst Game experience as far as the stands go? ]

What is your opinion of the Clemson fans who got taunted/popcorn poured on them at this years USC/Clemson game?

Apr 26, 2012, 6:01 PM

Lol, popcorn? If someone poured popcorn I wouldn't know whether to laugh or to throw a nacho at them. Is that a joke?

Apr 26, 2012, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Re: What is youre worst Game experience as far as the stands go? ]

Has to be the NC State game this past season (2011). The folks around us were rude and we had to have the security officers take the 2 guys behind us out.

Apr 25, 2012, 10:05 AM

I can't remember having a truly deplorable stands experience, but I've had some bad ones. The worst away game experience was UGA in 1991, when a little-touted backup freshman QB named Eric Zeier torched us for something like 40 points. I think that's one of the few times I've felt physically in danger in the stands.

As far as home games, A drunk Clemson student threatened to kill me at the 2002 (Thursday night) shellacking vs. NC State because I asked him to stop threatening someone I had brought to the game. Didn't really ruin the experience or anything (since we were already getting torched) but it was the lowest-class fan display I've personally experienced.

I also remember durin pre-game game a few years back where a drunk frat boy tripped in the upper deck about 15 seats away from me and fell down 3-4 rows, right on top of a little girl who was about 9. She was scared to death and traumatized by it, and the a$$hole frat boy just got up and walked off without so much as an apology or even a backwards look. The girl's father wanted to beat the sh!t out of him, and I'm pretty sure if he'd decided to go after him several of us (myself included) would have helped.

Charlottesville in '94 or '95, can't remember

Apr 25, 2012, 10:11 AM

sat in the middle of the orange and blue tie wearing frat boys since my buddy from HS was a student there and one of those guys...went to a frat party before the game and saw us lose like 9-7 or some crap like that, i think, to UVa.....drove all the way from Quantico, VA where i was stationed to see that mess.....i barely remember the year or the game, but i remember our offense getting stoned all day and those prep boys raising hell at my expense....miserable.....

1982 Clemson/UGA game

Apr 25, 2012, 10:27 AM

It was the first night game in Athens history. Total drunkfest.

I was about 12 & had grown men throwing beer on me & yelling "f*ck Clemson" in my face while walking to the stadium. I was with a couple of friends & wanted to be tough so we walked way behind my parents. Good thing since my Dad missed it.

In the stadium numerous "Clemson sucks" in my face by men who are my age now.

I would never dream of doing that to a kid.

Growing up in Atlanta throughout the 80s whenever I wore Clemson gear anywhere I'd always get some "Clemson sucks or F*ck Clemson" comments. It was a very intense rivalry.

Re: 1982 Clemson/UGA game

Apr 25, 2012, 1:34 PM

I remember this one, went there with my father. It was truly a nightmarish experience for Clemson fans. Has to be near the top, along with a few disgusting experiences at the cockroach.

Screw Calford.

Apr 25, 2012, 10:47 AM

I got one from a NASCAR race back in the mid-1990's. We were at CMS and there was the Earnhardt (#3) fan drunk out of his mind running up and down in front of the stands before the race with a big ole #3 flag, hootin' and hollering the whole time. As an Earnhardt fan that was pretty embarrassing. During one of the first cautions, I went to the men's room and there was Drunky McDrunk passed out on the men's room floor. There was a long line at the horse trough, and a two guys in Rusty Wallace T-shirts proceeded to "miss" the horse trough and "opps" they just happened to hit Mr Drunk. I think Earnhardt finished laps down and Gordon won. Mr. Drunk had himself a bad day...

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

UGA 2003 in Athens.

Apr 25, 2012, 11:03 AM

I had been warned by my UGA friends that I was attending with should Clemson win go straight to my car quitely and don't run into them along the way.

We lost loss and had we not I may have not made it out of the stadium. I was in the student section for starters and only had a huge smile on key plays and such. Kept getting hit physically and verbally throughout the game. This small guy shoved me from behind and at that point I stated had I not caught myself not only would the female in front of me (Dawg Fan) got hurt, but I would be going to jail with him & a few others. In the end we lost and everyone who was still around apologized/gave me respect for standing my ground except for the little man. Had we won I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been allowed to walk away freely. I did manage to clear a good bit of the UGA students out during the third quarter as one female put it, "Just leave, your ruining it for everyone." ;)

On the walk back to the car I did not see one single cop. Made me realize my friend was not joking about find your car directly and quitely, should Clemson win.

That was 2002***

Apr 25, 2012, 1:14 PM

Sure was...my bad.

Apr 25, 2012, 1:15 PM

nm

Everything else you said was dead on though. Being from GA

Apr 25, 2012, 1:17 PM

I am well aware of how disgusting many of their fans can be. Very shocking to people who don't know better.

I moved to Cobb from Clemson my senior year of high school.

Apr 25, 2012, 1:19 PM

Grrrr

I went to high school and undergrad in South Georgia

Apr 25, 2012, 1:28 PM

and then moved to Clemson for grad school. Then I moved to Greenville. So I upgraded. :)

Nice to know you didn't get trapped in the armpit of the...

Apr 25, 2012, 1:46 PM

south. :)

I can't wait to play Auburn this time around. Upon visiting my aunt outside Birmingham, this Christmas; I saw a woman with a sweater that had a huge AU over our trademarked PAW. I'm still hot!!! Wish I could suite up on September 1st. lol

NCSU this year

Apr 25, 2012, 11:05 AM

I'm younger than most of y'all so I don't have as many to choose from but that would be it. I went with my girlfriend and we went to visit some friends' tailgate before the game. On the way there we were booed relentlessly and had many beer cans thrown in our direction. One guy even followed us for 100 yds yelling and when I turned around to confront him he ran behind his buddies. I can get over yelling at me but treating a woman like that really bugged me and I would have probably gotten arrested had that guy not backed down. Also, I went to the game in Auburn 2 years ago and everyone was really nice. I was in one of the Clemson sections in the upper corners and as we were walking out there was a 75 year-old man who was yelling at any Clemson fan he could see. It didn't ruin my trip it was just something I had never experienced before

2005 SCAR game.

Apr 25, 2012, 1:33 PM

Pregame, we had multiple groups of their fans come to where we were tailgating to cuss and give us the finger. They were going around to pretty much every Clemson fan they could find and doing it.

After the game, a drunk #### fan in front of us tells my dad "Good game" and reaches up to shake his hand. My dad goes to shake his hand and the guy tries to break his thumb and pull him down the bleachers. Luckily, his knees hit the support and kept him up. The guy tried to run and my dad kinda gave him a little shove in the shoulder and the guy fell down a few steps, then got up cussing. His friends started to pull him out, but the guy stops to cuss at an elderly Clemson fan on the way. Classy all the way.

Apr 25, 2012, 2:03 PM

in Athens for Ga game some years ago..after the game I had guy still in the stands try to pour #### on me as I was leaving!! he was up several rows so there was no way I could go back to get @ him... I will never go back to Athens

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2012, 2:06 PM

g-tech 91

1987 at usc and 1982 at UGA.

Apr 26, 2012, 6:15 PM

Really nothing close......Raleigh and College Park pretty bad fans as well.

Apr 26, 2012, 6:22 PM

nothing says suck like 10's of thousands of fing cowl bells in the georgia dome...and in your fing ear

...ludicrous that they let them in with them #### things in the first place

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic