Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is this teams hitting philosophy?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

What is this teams hitting philosophy?

May 21, 2019, 1:34 PM

I don't understand it. What is so wrong the ground game? Small ball? Why must you always try to hit the seams off the ball?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Philosophy? We don't have no stinking philosophy!***

May 21, 2019, 1:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

When Jack HOF was our baseball coach people on

May 21, 2019, 1:37 PM

the tnets complained about playing small ball. Now people complain about not playing small ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I'm new to following Clemson Baseball

May 21, 2019, 1:40 PM

The past two years is all I can really tell you about...
I only followed football until now..

Derp, is that you?***

May 21, 2019, 1:42 PM [ in reply to When Jack HOF was our baseball coach people on ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I don't know what a Derp is...

May 21, 2019, 1:54 PM

I assure you I am not YorkTiger.

GWP does.

May 21, 2019, 2:08 PM

It wasn't directed at you.

The entire approach at the plate needs overhauling***

May 21, 2019, 1:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

SWING....Hard & Often***

May 21, 2019, 1:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is this teams hitting philosophy?

May 21, 2019, 1:49 PM

have you watched MLB lately? Everyone wants to be a hero, it just flows down to college now. The coaching needs to coach that mindset out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2019, 1:50 PM

Well so far we have been a big ole ZERO

May 21, 2019, 1:49 PM

Popup or strike out, RBI's in the gaps are unacceptable.

May 21, 2019, 2:10 PM

Hit the ball is my guess? Not sure if everyone got the memo though

May 21, 2019, 2:17 PM

I think that is where Jolly deserved more credit than he got last year because he at least tried to put ball in play. Michael Greene puts it into play often as well. Maybe more because they are not power players to start with but the team as a whole does not try to put ball in play enough, too much swinging for fences!

May 21, 2019, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: What is this teams hitting philosophy? ]

I think that is where Jolly deserved more credit than he got last year because he at least tried to put ball in play. Michael Greene puts it into play often as well. Maybe more because they are not power players to start with but the team as a whole does not try to put ball in play enough, too much swinging for fences!

May 21, 2019, 2:26 PM

A poster on this site was mocking Robert Jolly a while ago but I watched that kid play his heart out for 4 years. He didnt hit for high average overall but was called to pinch hit late in many games against the other teams closer. Led the squad with 5 sacrifices as he could handle a bat. He did go opposite field a lot and was not a power hitter for sure. His dad coached Myrtle Beach High ball.

May 21, 2019, 2:30 PM

Oh I loved Jolly. The umpire always had to refill his ball bag during each at bat because the man refused to strikeout

May 21, 2019, 2:28 PM

So does it have to Jack's philosophy or Montes philosophy. Or can u find a middle ground. Those seem to be the CWS participants. Oh and good pitching seems to also be a requirement

May 21, 2019, 2:43 PM

I think both philosophies can work and that you have to tailor your approach to the game situation, the hitters ability, and the hitters current level of production.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic