Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is the value of a Clemson football scholarship?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,608

What is the value of a Clemson football scholarship?

Aug 4, 2020, 7:39 AM

Certainly you have the cost of attending school with room and board, books, tutoring etc.

..And their food is superior to any food we eat at our home with their dietary and health needs.

..Lot's of free Nike gear (loads of it)

..Constant FREE superior medical care

..Opportunity to meet lots of successful alumni (job opportunities)

..Travel to many destinations nationwide.

It's early and not enough coffee yet so I know there must be a lot more benefits from being a Clemson football player that I am missing. What else adds value?

What monetary value would you put on this scholarship yearly and total lifetime?

It's like winning the lottery in my opinion. Sad some of these young men do not know the value of God's gift to their DNA.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is the value of a Clemson football scholarship?

Aug 4, 2020, 8:06 AM

Don't forget that you have the biggest stage to conduct weekly interviews on live TV in the fall. Plus you get daily assistance on how to better perform your preferred occupation.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

in State or out of state?

Aug 4, 2020, 8:09 AM

Never mind. Clemson doesn’t recruit in state anymore

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2020, 8:15 AM

Don't forget to calculate the present value of future earnings over and above what would be expected without the degree.

Aug 4, 2020, 8:48 AM

Potentially a lot more than an opportunity to sign a future D league NFL contract. Who is better off, the kids who play college baseball, most without much scholarship assistance, obtain a degree and go to work after laying down the bats and balls or the kid who signs a minor league baseball contract doesn't make the Big Leagues and goes out into the world armed with a high school diploma? That's where we may be headed in football? The elite high school players may opt into a future Developmental League. Most of those will not make the NFL and of those who do make it, most will play only a few years. Then what, holding a high school diploma? There is a huge value in being armed with a degree that has value in the marketplace-not any degree. There is incalculable value in the mentoring and networking available both during and after college.Really PAC 12 guys! So get paid for your athletic skills and you are less exploited than under the current system?? Most of these kids are like the kids pursuing an acting career.A few will end up making the big bucks. Most wind up with menial jobs. There is a huge upside to the scholly.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2020, 10:08 AM

At least a couple Million in worth of the course of a career.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All depends on what you do with it

Aug 4, 2020, 10:15 AM

Which of course depends on what you CAN do with it.

Aug 4, 2020, 10:50 AM

It baffles me the lengths you all will go to in order to justify not allowing people to profit from their likeness. It's outright un-American.

Priceless to The Thousands of Kids Who Don't Get Accepted***

Aug 4, 2020, 11:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is the value of a Soviet scholarship?

Aug 4, 2020, 11:06 AM

Certainly you have the cost of attending school with room and board, books, tutoring etc.

And their food is superior to any food we eat at our home with their dietary and health needs.

Lot's of free Nike gear (loads of it). All Red

Constant FREE superior medical care

Opportunity to meet lots of successful Comrades

Travel to many destinations nationwide.

It's early and not enough coffee yet so I know there must be a lot more benefits from being a Soviet scholarship that I am missing. What else adds value?

What monetary value would you put on the motherland's generosity and your total lifetime?

It's like winning the lottery in my opinion. Sad some of these young men do not know the value of Lenin's gift to their DNA.

And if you QUESTION it, you LOSE it all.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,608
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic