Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is about Pennsylvania ???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

What is about Pennsylvania ???

Aug 14, 2018, 7:03 PM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/08/14/grand-jury-report-pennsylvania-details-abuse-catholic-priests/980687002/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is about Pennsylvania ???

Aug 14, 2018, 7:37 PM

It is not in fact Pennsylvania but the evil ,corrupt Catholic Church that is the blame. Why or how anyone can remaim a Catholic is beyond me, flame me all you want because I can take it and give back better than most. The Vatican should be a smoking hole after remoiving the stolen art and money to distribute to the victims of the pedo priests. All property world wide should be confiscated and sold off to pay to the victims too.Centuries of abuse and the Vatican,Pope and Bishops just brush it under the rug and move them about to begin again in a new town or country. I do not care that it is a religion because they are evil, shown it to be evil and do not accept responsibility. Burn it to the ground and do the world a huge favor.In final screw the Pope, his Council, his Bishops and the whole darn thing, if I was President it would get some Boeing Cruise missles at dawn.

Aug 14, 2018, 7:49 PM

Yes indeed. It is an abomination. I hope the Catholic people will wake up and realize salvation can never be found in an institution, only in a SAVIOR.

Those children having lives destroyed.....over and over and over. When are parents going to wake up?

Aug 14, 2018, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Re: What is about Pennsylvania ??? ]

Preach on Brother.

Aug 14, 2018, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: What is about Pennsylvania ??? ]

In that case, let's all be thankful you aren't President.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 11:10 PM

I guess that means you are for an evil,corrupt cult to stay in existence to commit further crimes against children. Think that one over for a little while.

Aug 15, 2018, 1:45 PM

I thought about it for about 2 hours and I got nothing. What am I supposed to be thinking about?

Aug 15, 2018, 5:53 PM

Whether you think an organazation that has known about it's "leaders" committing acts of child molestation , covered them up, moved them to other cities/towns, States or countries to begin anew should be allowed to exist. Not really a tough question and really should not require a whole lot of thought in my opinion. The sexual abuse of children is the most heinous of crimes that one can commit, yet the leadership has aided,abetted and conspired to keep it all a secret. WOuld you trust the Church to be the arbitrator of the outcomes for it's priests? The facts are that it rightfully should be handled by the Police or FBI if interstate issues are involved to investigate and a Court should be the place where a verdict is set.

Aug 14, 2018, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: What is about Pennsylvania ??? ]

What does this have to do with Clemson Football?

Aug 14, 2018, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Re: What is about Pennsylvania ??? ]

Yikes

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2018, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: What is about Pennsylvania ??? ]

WOW! I can't believe Crump and B-Meist would allow this bigoted garbage to stay on this site.

You Have a Sickness If You Believe This Is Only a Catholic

Aug 15, 2018, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: What is about Pennsylvania ??? ]

Problem, go put your pitchfork down and get educated on this topic so you don't expose your flawed logic for everyone to see. If we were to take the aggregate protestant faith clergy population and build it into one organization the size of the Catholic Church you would see like and similar incidence rates of abuse. As the Catholic Church is a singular entity all of their offenses roll up to one organization versus being dispersed among the many decentralized organizations that form the protestant religions.

The true issue here is a humanity problem where very sad, sick individuals seek out positions that allow them access to the vulnerable of our society. There are significant problems like this in sports, academia and the workplace where these abuses take place and then the entity goes into damage control mode. If you want to just single out one organization for this you really don't understand the problem. Has the leadership of the Catholic Church failed in this matter, Absolutely YES. So from that you would assume that the world's 1 Billion plus Catholics should be disbanded. I truly hope you don't hold a degree from Clemson with that kind of logic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You Have a Sickness If You Believe This Is Only a Catholic

Aug 15, 2018, 1:43 PM

Ah, but would one see the same factual response of said organization to aid,abett and cover it all up for centuries? That is the million dollar question is it not? If you would look you would find that the actual numbers of other branches of Christianity and their associated leaders would roughly equate to the same number as in the Catholic religion. Funny thing is you do not hear of them doing this for centuries now do you? In 2009 there were roughly 28k Priests in the USA and roughly 300k ordained from other branches of Faith in the USA alone. Priests worldwide number 400k so yes I can draw a direct parallel to what is going on inside the Catholic Church. The Southern Baptist League had roughly 3x the number of ordained clergy and yet they seem to not have this issue or are you saying they just do a better job at covering it up here in the USA? Yes I can say it should be disbanded due to the Church sanctioned coverups, moving the molesters to other parishes without informing the congregation of abuses thus allowing it to start again . These are not isolated incidents but a worldwide criminal scope that the highest leadership has condoned by inaction, ineptitude , conspiracy and wherever they exist the issue of child molestation follows. ANY entity that would coverup child molestation deserves to be burned to the ground , just because it is an organized religion does not grant them a free pass. Evil exists because good people are afraid to act, that is a fact. Oh, and child molestation is actually a LAWFUL CRIME , one that is required of any person or group to inform the proper authorities, IE the police or FBI if interstate issues arise and let the Courts sort it all out. Not let the entity do what they think is best in house.

If I had to blame something, I'd start with the

Aug 14, 2018, 8:19 PM

turnpikes.

I hate those D @ M N things, with their cost, limited exits, limited options for gas & food. That's enough to drive anyone cray cray.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 9:18 PM

I still think the Vatican has the missing books of the bible that follow Jesus thru his youth. The current bible skips his entire youth and he goes from being very young to being an adult. The Vatican holds secrets that the world might never learn about.

What would the purpose of keeping those secret be?***

Aug 14, 2018, 9:51 PM

Aug 15, 2018, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: What is about Pennsylvania ??? ]

There's a great book about Jesus Christ's youth. It's called Lamb, written by Christopher Moore. The story chronicles the early life and young adulthood of Jesus, as told by his best friend.

Aug 14, 2018, 9:19 PM

Every homosexual that needs money claims to be abused by dead priests in the Catholic church.

Aug 14, 2018, 9:50 PM

https://www.catholicworldreport.com/2012/01/05/the-truth-about-falsely-accused-priests/

Aug 14, 2018, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Re: What is about Pennsylvania ??? ]

Guess you failed to ACTUALLY read the article, as they report young girls and women too.Sadly you think a report under the banner of Catholic World is somehow unbiased is worse than reading/comprehension issues.

Aug 14, 2018, 11:47 PM

Whatever hillbillyDad... .

Aug 15, 2018, 12:35 PM

Ah, the response of a little mind I see. You post by Catholic World would equate to RJ Reynolds saying tobacco is being falsely accused of causing cancer. See now? Or do you need pictures? Maybe a little drawing in the dirt?

Aug 15, 2018, 3:21 PM

ARE YOU SAVED?

Aug 15, 2018, 5:40 PM

What would that possibly have to do with the lack of reading the original article and then posting what is essentially a sponsored by the Corrupt organazation article have to do with anything? Once again just because it is an organized religion does not exempt them from the LAW. It is farcical that the nxivm cult is being prosecuted in a court of law yet the clergy from the Vatican gets a free pass . Mind you the actual victim of Nxivm are about .000000001% of what the Vatican is responsible for over time , heck lets just call it decades as the number is astronomical if from the founding.

P&R bored ------------->

Aug 15, 2018, 8:21 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Take away Philly and Pittsburg and you're left with Alabama.***

Aug 15, 2018, 1:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2018, 10:50 AM

https://www.nj.com/sussex-county/index.ssf/2018/08/youth_pastor_accused_of_trying_to_engage_in_sex_ac.html

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic