Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What do you think about Feaster?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,322

What do you think about Feaster?

Oct 4, 2016, 9:39 PM

I think he will be awesome, but just needs to develop this year. He seemed little hesitant when running.

You could a big difference between Tay, and him. Tay has always ran with a attitude. Wreck less abandonment

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do you think about Feaster?

Oct 4, 2016, 9:41 PM

Every time I see TF run kickoffs back, for some reason he seems to want to run to where the defense is waiting for him. If I had his speed, I'd want them to actually have to move to tackle me. He has a lot to learn IMO.

Seems more interested in protecting the ball.

Oct 4, 2016, 9:43 PM

Which is a good thing,his time will come.

Oct 4, 2016, 9:43 PM

Love feaster and think he has an opportunity to be really special. That said he just isn't quite ready and needs some time for his full potential to shine. He will get there, and I can't wait to see 28 taking them to the house once again.

Oct 4, 2016, 9:48 PM

Would you keep him in the kickoff game, or would you allow Tay or Powell more time?

I would keep him in. I think of it as just investing in the future

Not sure. If Dabo followed that line of thought Saturday

Oct 4, 2016, 10:20 PM

night, we lose that game. Right now he runs like the AD's nephew we gave a sympathy scholarship to. That's not a slam on Feaster personally, just what we have seen so far. Sure, if the other 10 guys can block a straight line lane for him, he can outrun the remaining 3 guys to the endzone. Problem is, that's not the job description.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2016, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: What do you think about Feaster? ]

Would you keep him in the kickoff game, or would you allow Tay or Powell more time?

I would keep him in. I think of it as just investing in the future

One of our biggest gets. At the moment, however, it just

Oct 4, 2016, 9:50 PM

seems that he hasn't caught up to the speed of the game. He doesn't seem to be comfortable yet. I think he'll be the type that once he has a string of breakout plays, or a breakout game, the sky will be the limit.

I think that CJ was special on the field and off.

Oct 4, 2016, 9:59 PM

Expectations for others to walk in the door playing at that level are unfair.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While none of us can actually know, what we can say

Oct 4, 2016, 10:12 PM

is that he is not yet #28. When we needed a spark on KO, Dabo had to take him out. When we need fresh legs at RB, we dont turn to him. That much we know. And we know that no one attending a practice has written, "Feaatsr looks special, will push for playing time."

What is comjecture is that right now he looks like another Downs (I forget his first name). Loads of numbers in HS, afraid to run in D1. What none of us know is why that is. He could turn the switch and be great. Or he could remain a fast guy who really cant play football. Its not a death sentence, just a thing that happens to a lot of fast guys. We'll see. Wont know till the Spring game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We really haven't seen enough to know, but one thing is for

Oct 4, 2016, 10:46 PM

sure - some of the best coaches in the country (ours) thought the chance that he could help us THIS year outweighed the risk of wasting a year of his eligibility. When he has had a chance at RB, he's looked pretty dang good to me. As far as returns, I haven't seen hesitancy so much as the holes just not being there. I think he is playing this year because he has the ability to take it all the way every time he touches the ball. He has elite speed, decent size, and the ability to make defenders miss. Don't be surprised if he gets more PT as the season progresses and breaks off some long gainers. Before it's all said and done, I still think he's gonna be a great one.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: We really haven't seen enough to know, but one thing is for

Oct 4, 2016, 11:04 PM

David always talks about "his extra gear" so that must mean something. He needs time like ray ray did.

See difference between FR Ray Ray and SO Ray Ray***

Oct 4, 2016, 10:47 PM

Re: See difference between FR Ray Ray and SO Ray Ray***

Oct 5, 2016, 11:53 AM

Is there a position you think he would be a better fit? (Speaking for this year to get him touches)

Could he morph into another slot receiver?
We could throw a screen pass to him, and watch him run.

Oct 5, 2016, 7:02 AM

I think he is still at the deer in the headlight stage right now. But, I'm sure he has already watched film of his KO returns vs Tay Scott, and seen how tentative he looked. As another reply already said, looks a lot like Ray Ray last year. He will get it, and has the stuff to be awesome when he does.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It seems it's gonna take some time. I wish he was a RS.***

Oct 5, 2016, 9:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2016, 9:17 AM

Think about RayRay last year and this year. Gets the ball, a little hesistant.. but coaches keep giving him chances/experience. Then look at Ray Ray this year. I think Feaster will be on that same path. Will show some flashes toward the end of this year as the light comes on then next year will be ready to shine.

I think he should have redshirted...

Oct 5, 2016, 9:20 AM

Doesn't seem to be making an impact yet. I think things will click for him though and he'll become a heck of a player for our Tigers.

Re: I think he should have redshirted...

Oct 5, 2016, 10:10 AM

I agree. I don't know what's harder to watch, him pacing up and down the sidelines every game begging to get in or when he does get in, watching him job whistle-to-whistle. I believe I've seen one run against SC State where he actually hit the hole like he should (the touchdown toss). Outside of that one run, virtually every return has been half-speed. People keep comparing the mentality / the hesitation if you will, to Ray-Ray but Tavien isn't undersized like Ray-Ray was. He walked into camp at 206lbs, the same as Choice. I doubt it's the "speed of the game" by week 6... it must have more to do with not wanting to re-injure his shoulder. And if that's the issue, he should have redshirted. Artavis Scott is 2" shorter and about 15lbs lighter than Feaster and once the ball hits his hands, he explodes forward with a wreckless abandon and desire to win. Both of those are hard to "teach". You have it or you don't, you want it or you don't.

Just being way too cautious not wanting to make a mistake******

Oct 5, 2016, 11:32 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2016, 1:09 PM

He is scared to run. Not sure if he will ever get past it. Call em like I see em.

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,322
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic