Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What did Dabo say to team about Fight Club?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

What did Dabo say to team about Fight Club?

Oct 23, 2017, 7:36 AM

@davidhood®, any word on what Dabo said when he addressed the fight club video with the team? Was this against team rules? Are any players facing punishment from coaches for it? Also, I thought the team was banned from social media during the season. Was the person who posted the video not a player?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What did Dabo say to team about Fight Club?

Oct 23, 2017, 7:39 AM

He told them they broke the first and second rule of fight club

And what’s with the gloves??

Oct 23, 2017, 8:01 AM

Fight club don’t need no stinking Gloves!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he's the coach that most of us respect so much he said

Oct 23, 2017, 7:59 AM

"Some of you boys hit like little girls. You better fix that before Saturday night."

Re: If he's the coach that most of us respect so much he said

Oct 23, 2017, 8:58 AM

None of they guys who tanked to Syracuse could have hurt anyone that night

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not something I see TNet staff asking about

Oct 23, 2017, 8:07 AM

Might be seen by some as shedding bad light on the program. No one wants to rock the boat or lose access to recruiting nuggets. David and the rest of the local beat writers have to walk a fine line. I wouldnt ask Dabo about Fight Club if I was a Clemson beat reporter who wanted to stay a Clemson beat reporter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neither would I but perhaps it's for a different reason.

Oct 23, 2017, 8:18 AM

Dabo is a man, our players are men and men understand why teenagers and young adults box. There was no fight to it. The OP tried to be cute using the term to amuse and entertain readers.

When you're boxing with friends you do everything you can to knock them out, that's the goal. You expect them to do the same. There is no fight to it. It's a sport. It has a brutal goal but it's not much more brutal than football. Accusing or suggesting that friends are fighting when they are wearing boxing gloves is much more than exaggeration.

The only reason I wouldn't ask Dabo about it is that asking would indicate that I am either ignorant or I think Dabo is ignorant as to why boys box. Anyone who thinks evil of our guys boxing for sport just doesn't understand men. Perhaps that's expected from women but I never presume to know more about anything than they.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Neither would I but perhaps it's for a different reason.

Oct 23, 2017, 8:21 AM

Agree it seems to have stayed pretty calm no use fueling something that could be negative.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2017, 8:23 AM

It's time to let this go bud. The video was posted to snapchat about 2 months ago, before the season started. It wasn't against the social media "ban" and was obviously planned. I doubt anyone faced punishment for something like that, unless it was a stern talking to.

Oct 23, 2017, 6:48 PM

I didn't realize the video was from before the season started. I just read about it when it popped on the news recently. Didn't read about when it was filmed. I figured it was recent since Dabo was reportedly going to address it with the team and CU released a statement.

It would have been like 2 months ago considering how old

Oct 23, 2017, 9:07 AM

that video is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Wyff just trying to stir $hit up***

Oct 23, 2017, 7:06 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic