Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What am I missing with Ohio State?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

What am I missing with Ohio State?

Oct 22, 2017, 4:34 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We lost to 4-4 Syracuse.***

Oct 22, 2017, 4:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Yeah, on the road by 3 pts with our starting QB and FG

Oct 22, 2017, 4:37 PM

How many of those top 15 will end the season top 25?***

Oct 22, 2017, 4:39 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Umm pretty sure Auburn and VA Tech will

Oct 22, 2017, 4:41 PM

VaTech will. I see Auburn losing to UGA and Bama still***

Oct 22, 2017, 4:45 PM

I think Auburn has a chance of winning one of those games

Oct 22, 2017, 4:59 PM

Re: VaTech will. I see Auburn losing to UGA and Bama still***

Oct 23, 2017, 12:04 PM [ in reply to VaTech will. I see Auburn losing to UGA and Bama still*** ]

UGA is another team that has beat nobody but ND. I looked at UGA's final 4 SEC opponents and there first four against other SEC teams.

Miss St 2 - 2
Missouri 0 - 4
Tennessee 0 - 4
Vanderbilt 0 - 4

Total 2 - 14

Kentucky 2 - 2
Florida 3 - 2
Auburn 4 - 1
South Carolina 3 - 2

Total 12 - 7

And that does not include playing GT at GT.

I believe UGA will have 2 -3 losses by the end of the year.

Really no sense trying to make sense of it all

Oct 22, 2017, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Umm pretty sure Auburn and VA Tech will ]

right now. The official rankings have not even come out yet, and even if they're debateable to start they will work themselves out.

Bottom line, like many have said, if we win all our games there's an extremely high chance we're in the playoffs.

Re: How many of those top 15 will end the season top 25?***

Oct 22, 2017, 5:17 PM [ in reply to How many of those top 15 will end the season top 25?*** ]

That doesn't matter...they were ranked when we played them. Are you
really a Clemson fan?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many of those top 15 will end the season top 25?***

Oct 22, 2017, 5:28 PM

I'm a real Clemson fan and I can understand OSU's ranking.

Yes, they lost to OU at home. But they have destroyed their opponents since. Clemson lost to Syracuse (which I think will not look thst bad at the end of year) which is still worse than losing to OU at home.

Auburn and VT are better victories than anything OSU has done to date. Agree.

If the CFP committee was ranking teams this Tuesday I am VERY confident Clemson would be ahead of OSU.

However, these coaches and press poles mean nothing. So care, we should not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I am a Clemson fan. Also, a College Football fan.

Oct 23, 2017, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: How many of those top 15 will end the season top 25?*** ]

I've seen 69 games during Dabo's tenure. I've been to two national championships, three ACC championships, and I've seen the Tigers play in 11 different states.

Please, refrain from questioning my Clemson fandom.

Re: What am I missing with Ohio State?

Oct 22, 2017, 4:36 PM

Nothing. They have a nice brand name and they destroy bad teams. They have a QB that can't throw against good defenses.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Beat up”, that’s the difference.

Oct 22, 2017, 4:38 PM

AP Voters and Coaches Poll voters only look at final scores. Dabo is far less concerned about rankings than Urban.

I'm not all that concerned about rankings either

Oct 22, 2017, 4:42 PM

Oct 22, 2017, 4:41 PM

They are Ohio State. It doesn't have to make sense. Just accept it.

Oct 22, 2017, 4:48 PM

Why does anyone care about those polls? They are nice barometer of where the program is until the CFP polls come out.... OSU will be tested next week by PSU in their house, they are a good team with a great coach, we need to take care of our business and win out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2017, 4:57 PM

There are a lot of ranked teams that have played no one. Alabama is one of them. I don't believe they are as good as the ESPN (SEC bias) announcers say they are. Playing Georgia will determine that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2017, 5:20 PM

Well, we each have a loss and we each have played 7 games. You could argue that Clemson has played a harder schedule (though Louisville and Auburn are doing ya no favors).
But also could argue that them losing to a top 5 program is better than us losing to freaking Syracuse. Also take a look at their box scores and stats. Sure, they have only played one top team, but outside of their loss, they have absolutely dominated every game. I think Barrett has like 21tds and 0ints. Also they have 2 awesome RBs and a nasty D.

They are hanging 50+ on everyone, we are tied at 7 with Boston college. It makes a difference.
They’re only one spot ahead. Y’all should chill.

That's like saying look at our stats against Kent St

Oct 22, 2017, 5:28 PM

Re: What am I missing with Ohio State? Urb's

Oct 22, 2017, 5:24 PM

flathead? Nahhh thats hard to miss

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2017, 5:44 PM

Really you’re not missing anything. tOSU, Michigan & Notre Dame are routinely the most overrated teams year in and year out based on nothing more than name. The money part of the CFP was revealed last year when an undeserving tOSU team was placed in the CFP. That has a lot to do with why they won’t expand the CFP too because it takes some of the TV network control out of it. One of the keys to marketing is convincing the public of things weather they’re true or not. Ghe fear is that no one would watch a Boise St vs Houston type natty. Perception is reality & they gotta have those ratings. That’s why you see tOSU where they are

OSU has plenty of talent.

Oct 23, 2017, 11:33 AM

I think they get a bit ahead of themselves sometimes. Ratpoision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2017, 11:37 AM

What I do not get is how Oklahoma is behind them. They have the same record and Okie beat them at their place. I think Okie will be ahead in the cfp rankings.

Big10 will always get more love than it's due.

Oct 23, 2017, 11:40 AM

Until they completely choke...again.

They lost to a much better team than we did and

Oct 23, 2017, 11:40 AM

while our wins are a little better than theirs, they've destroyed everyone else on their schedule.

It's going to come down to the same thing it has for the last year or so with Ohio State. Can JT Barrett beat a good team that slows down OSU's running game and makes him throw the ball to win the game? Penn State's defense is probably good enough to put OSU in that exact situation.

Re: They lost to a much better team than we did and

Oct 23, 2017, 11:48 AM

That's the problem, we've destroyed everyone else we've played as well, including the wins over better teams than they have.

I mean their best win is against Army.

Have we?

Oct 23, 2017, 11:54 AM

We beat Auburn by 6, VT by 14, Wake by 14, and we were tied with BC heading into the 4th quarter. We destroyed Kent State (one of the ~5 worse FBS team) and we were impressive at Louisville.

Maybe we've sandbagged a little in a couple of games... or maybe our offense is just inconsistent and not particularly great.

It depends on if you're looking at scores or at the actual

Oct 23, 2017, 12:20 PM

game play.

We beat Auburn by 6, but held them to 117 yards. It was a dominate defensive performance.

VT was 24-3 going into the 4th quarter, game was never in doubt.

Wake we held the ball for 35 minutes, outgained them by 120 yards and were up 28-0 in the fourth quarter.

The BC game was very close, however, just looking at scores we won by 27 and outgained the Eagles by 250 yards.

So it depends on how you want to look at the games, but we have been dominant in most games against better competition than O31o state.

points?***

Oct 23, 2017, 11:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Oct 23, 2017, 11:55 AM

That's Ohio State's undergraduate student body size. Multiply that out over a few generations and that is a whole lot of alumni to cater to - and the polls and TV networks do it!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we lost to SYRACUSE........

Oct 23, 2017, 11:57 AM

don't care how you slice it they ARE NOT a good team.....they couldn't even beat MTSU

as far as Ohio State is concerned they have OBLITERATED everybody (aside from ranked OU) on their schedule.

Even when we've won we haven't exactly "passed the eye test" consistently.

If we're truly worthy of being ranked above Ohio State then it'll play out that way in the end.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic