»
Topic: What a great hire by Jerry Falwell!!!
Replies: 20   Last Post: Dec 7, 2018 12:11 PM by: El Tigre 1
[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 20  

What a great hire by Jerry Falwell!!!

[3]
Posted: Dec 7, 2018 8:53 AM

He couldn’t have hired a better Christian man with integrity to run his football program.

Well done, sir!

~JKB

Re: What a great hire by Jerry Falwell!!!

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 8:54 AM

Just reinforces my impression of these folks.

2018 white level member

[3]
Posted: Dec 7, 2018 9:06 AM

Funny thing about atheist NPCs...they dont understand the meaning nor the concept of true forgiveness.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Yes I am sure forgiveness was the reasoning behind

[1]
Posted: Dec 7, 2018 9:25 AM

hiring McCaw and Freeze.

either way you want to interpret it the man was shunned

[1]
Posted: Dec 7, 2018 9:31 AM

by most of the NCAA for his mistakes and the one who accepts him back for a second chance into normal life is a christian institution... sounds great to me. For both parties involved.

To me it looks like, by eschewing morals, Liberty

[2]
Posted: Dec 7, 2018 10:13 AM

was able to obtain a coach and an AD that were otherwise vastly overqualified for the positions. How convenient of them to "forgive" these two men in particular.

TWG

So by your Logic it's ok to hire a pedophile

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 10:32 AM

to run your day care as long as he hasn't felt up any kids in a while?

A pedophile !?!?!?

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 11:05 AM

Really !?!?!?!

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

so you're going to lump pedophilia in with marital

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 12:11 PM

infidelity? So all you T-netters out there that are divorced because you stepped out on your marriage you're lumped in now with mentally deranged sociopaths that prey on children. Not saying that marital infidelity involving a lady of the night is anything but negative but i think you're reaching to a much darker arena and no its not my logic or anything close.

Is it a risk by Liberty? Yes. But being apart of that environment is and will be great for Coach Freeze. And I hope he turns it all around for the Glory of something higher.

by true forgiveness, you mean, I assume,

[1]
Posted: Dec 7, 2018 10:04 AM

what Bonhoeffer called Cheap Grace.

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 9:21 AM

Hugh will be fine. He learned from his past.

Wow... they now have Ian McCaw, a central figure in the

[2]
Posted: Dec 7, 2018 9:24 AM

Baylor sexual violence scandal, as athletic director and Hugh Freeze as head football coach. What a wonderful message Liberty is sending out.

Pretty sure if they're doing it right..then Liberty should

[1]
Posted: Dec 7, 2018 9:28 AM

be the only University to hire Freeze. Makes perfect sense and kudo's to Liberty for being authentic with their Christianity. Just because other christian institutions operate out of a judgment-first type interpretation of the great commission doesn't mean all christian institutions should do life/business absolutely wrong as well. I believe forgiveness and acceptance was one of the main running theme's of Jesus's purpose on earth. Hope he's wildly successful at Liberty and hope he stays their for as long as possible.

Too toxic for Ole Miss, but Liberty's willing to

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 9:58 AM

turn a blind eye if he can win some football games.

2018 white level member

There's a difference between forgiving someone

[1]
Posted: Dec 7, 2018 10:07 AM

and giving them a position of authority over young people / throwing large amounts of money at them.

2018 white level member

so society should just bury the guy...got it.

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 10:37 AM

pretty sure there was an extensive interview process and his past was dealt with... and assurances were expressed. If he was unrepentant i'm sure he would not have been hired. Liberty knows they're going to get arrows from the tolerant left on this and they chose to hire anyway.

If you care anything about Freeze and his Family then Liberty is the Greatest Place for him to coach at. If you care only about your own moral supremacy then your going to hate on the hire. But in the age of social media..everyone is an expert on morality.

Let him flip burgers***

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 11:13 AM

2018 white level member

[1]
Posted: Dec 7, 2018 10:09 AM

Jerry Falwell blamed 9/11 on feminsists, abortionists, gays, lesbians, and even pagans on national television. He was morally bankrupt, so it makes sense that Liberty would hire a morally bankrupt coach.

sounding like a bunch of Pharisee's on this thread...

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 10:13 AM

no wonder church membership numbers are dropping..if our churches are filled with this mindset i wouldn't want to step foot inside either.

[1]
Posted: Dec 7, 2018 11:18 AM

Liberty wanted a HC who is perfect but Jesus was not available plus he only runs the triple option offense which was a no go

Now that's funny

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 11:26 AM

I don't care who you are.

Replies: 20  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Cotton Bowl
FOR SALE: Section 327, Row 1, seats 33 and 34 Asking $400 for each Text or email. Electronic transfer of t...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
1553 people have read this post