Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What I want from the Clemson football program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,222

What I want from the Clemson football program

Nov 16, 2014, 6:24 PM

I want a team that recruits well on a national level (which is difficult when you consider the limitation of in-state South Carolina recruiting), consistently puts up 9+ wins, and is in the national title conversation on occasion. We currently have that. You're delusional if you though we were going to replace all that we lost last year on offense. Sorry, this was always going to be a transition year because we were going to be relying on a bunch of unknown players at a bunch of important positions. Help is on the way with a top 10 (in the nation) recruiting class, heavy with OL, QB and WR/RB game changers. It hasn't been a great year, but there is no reason to change course.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What I want from the Clemson football program

Nov 16, 2014, 6:26 PM

your opinion but I totally disagree.

What do you want then?***

Nov 16, 2014, 6:27 PM

a Super Freak?***

Nov 16, 2014, 6:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 6:29 PM

All the talent in the world will not win championships unless the coaches have them ready for the big games

All the coaching in the world won't win a championship

Nov 16, 2014, 6:33 PM

Unless you have the talent on the field. We have the talent. I like both of our coordinators. When our offensive talent and defensive intersect, we will be in the hunt.

Re: All the coaching in the world won't win a championship

Nov 16, 2014, 6:36 PM

and when will that be?

I guess we'll have to wait and find out

Nov 16, 2014, 6:40 PM

It might happen, it might not, but we're bringing in enough talent on a year to year basis for it to be a possibility.

Nov 16, 2014, 6:47 PM

IMHO what we need is balanced recruiting... not 2 O/L one years and 5 the next, don`t skip a year on Q/b`like we did to get Watson(all of us see what that brings); something along the lines of
4 O/L
4 D/L
4 receivers
2 Q/b`s
2 R/B`s
3 D/B`s
2 D/E`s
3 L/B`s
1 T/E`s

now we all know that there has to be flexibility but try to stay close to these nunbers

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a question of who is available every year

Nov 16, 2014, 6:50 PM

We take the best players available, and when those players are gone we try to fill holes in the roster. You don't tell a 4* player no because you need to sign an extra (fill in the blank position) when you only have 3* options.

Nov 16, 2014, 6:49 PM

when are we in the national championship conversation? consistently going 9-3 don't get it pal. if thats all you want then you and all the others like you are the problem. dabo can say we are national championship caliber every year and if you repeat the lie long and loud enough, pumpers like you believe it. face it, we have a cheerleader for a coach. all hat, no cowboy. every year im sick of this mediocrity. ok now call me coot and go on pretending.

Pretty easy

Nov 16, 2014, 6:51 PM

First I said, on occasion.

We beat FSU last year and we are playing the Coots with a chance to play in the N.C. That seems like being in the conversation to me.

looks like you need to go buy a Bama or FSU cap

Nov 16, 2014, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Re: What I want from the Clemson football program ]

and you'll be well on your way to happiness. You seem to be a "win at all costs" kind of person.

Those programs fit your demands well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,222
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic