Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What I learned about Kelly Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

What I learned about Kelly Bryant

Sep 10, 2017, 8:44 AM

1. He's tough as nails.
2. He's not the best passer. And his strength is definitely the short to medium range throws. With a occasional deep throw. In fact I believe cooper has the best arm. But Bryant knows the playbook and is less mistake prone.
3. He's good at managing the game and proved he can do enough. He's no Watson but with our defense he doesn't have to be.
4. He is the starter the entire year unless he gets hurt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What I learned about Kelly Bryant

Sep 10, 2017, 8:48 AM

I'll tell you what I was a bit of a skeptic. At least for getting on the bandwagon. But I think he has been money so far this season. Get the man some more reps. Turn him and the other many young pieces of our offense loose and we could be a dangerous offense with a dangerous QB at the helm.

Did have two brilliant over the shoulder passes to the outside

Sep 10, 2017, 8:48 AM

Where only our players could come down with it though. He definitely had the poise and the leadership though. And may have played one of the better defenses we play this year last night.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two deep over the shoulder throws to Ray Ray that were

Sep 10, 2017, 8:49 AM

perfect throws against tight coverage! His throwing has improved 100%

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two deep over the shoulder throws to Ray Ray that were

Sep 10, 2017, 8:54 AM

Exactly! We're all spoiled buy Watson so everything Bryant does will be under the microscope. But he's done nothing but prove why he's the starter. He's had 2 weeks now where he's thrown 2 perfect passes. I think he'll light up Louisville and that secondary.

Glad I'm not the only one who is impressed with Kelly Bryant

Sep 10, 2017, 9:11 AM

It was okay for me in the first week, but we couldn't tell anything much as Kent State doesn't have defense to stop us.

But against Auburn's defense, I'm really impressed with Bryant's passes. Those were accurate throws.

We have another good team this year.

Sep 10, 2017, 8:51 AM

Not sure what you missed but I saw him drop 20 to 30 yarders over the AU DBs numerous times. A few went for big completions and a few more should have been PIs on the AU DBs. I am also sure had one of our WRs gotten by the AU D for the deep ball Kelly would have hit the the open WR in stride, as well. Presuming, the O-line' s protection allowed him to. He had Hunter on a post for a long TD, but the AU blitz got to him as he was throwing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he can do even more than he's shown. The coaches

Sep 10, 2017, 8:56 AM

have handcuffed him a bit in the first two games with conservative playcalling. I understand why they've done it but Bryant looked best in the 2nd and early 3rd last night when they let him throw down the field a little.

Sep 10, 2017, 8:56 AM

Kelly Bryant has "it",,,,what it takes to win.

I'm getting on the Kelly Bryant bandwagon, myself...

Sep 10, 2017, 9:07 AM

....and, as already pointed out, that Auburn front seven is good! (Self pat on the back: I kept thinking we needed to keep the passing game quick/short, and think that when we did that was when we had success). But KB made some very good throws AND his running ability was an x-factor as well. Again, credit to the Auburn front 7 for their run defense.

I think given a season to grow/learn and 'jell', our offense will start picking up and yours truly feels damb good about this team taking us back to the CFP!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Sep 10, 2017, 9:13 AM

Last year DW couldnt throw if you asked t net the first few games. I think we are going to be just fine.

Sep 10, 2017, 9:41 AM

I thought Kelly was excellent. He had constant pressure on him most of the night and he made great decisions while putting a huge strain on their defense with his legs

The throw to Renfrow at the end for the first down was beautiful. Right tackle was beat off thw ball like most of the night and Kelly calmly froze the defender on the edge, avoided the rush and threw a laser to Renfrow on the sideline.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic