Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We've come a long way in Clemson baseball. We almost beat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

We've come a long way in Clemson baseball. We almost beat

Apr 17, 2019, 8:37 AM

the #4 team in the nation at their home field. Incredible what Monte has been able to do. Honestly, the game probably should've just ended in a tie. We are in a rebuilding year and still basically tied the #4 team in all of America. Pretty special stuff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We've come a long way in Clemson baseball. We almost beat

Apr 17, 2019, 8:43 AM

This is the dumbest post I’ve ever seen

Apr 17, 2019, 8:49 AM

Tiger RagE said:

This is the dumbest post I’ve ever seen

I agree. Rebuilding has been going on forever. When will we be there?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2019, 8:52 AM

Yeah and we’ve seen what Monte has done with young players. Seth beer. He got worse during his career at Clemson and then a soon as he leaves Clemson he starts killing the ball again. Chris Williams? Pretty much stayed the same. Jolly nothing, Wharton nothing, I won’t even count Cromwell he’s bad, Davidson Wilkie Byrd green. The development isn’t there and it’s so obvious. It’s not even debatable.

Apr 17, 2019, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: We've come a long way in Clemson baseball. We almost beat ]

If you think it's the dumbest, why did you post it.

Apr 17, 2019, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: We've come a long way in Clemson baseball. We almost beat ]

If you think it's the dumbest, why did you post it.

Apr 17, 2019, 8:45 AM

You do not get rewarded for playing close games first good teams dude. These highly ranked teams lose to mid week nobodies occasionally but all of a sudden we play one close game in a mid week and you think that something special are you serious? What a loser

Apr 17, 2019, 8:48 AM

Georgia lost to Liu Brooklyn earlier this year on a Tuesday. They also lost to GT 11-2 during the week. But we played them close! Hooray for Clemson!

Apr 17, 2019, 8:49 AM

And why are we in a rebuilding year in our new coaches fourth year?

Apr 17, 2019, 8:59 AM

I'm still a Monte man but this team has lost its way. We are a young team, especially in pitching, but we have no semblance of an offensive attack. This team does not seem to know how to do anything in the batters box. I played baseball for many years and know the fundamentals but I know nothing about coaching at this level so I have no idea how to fix the problem. This was a decent team a week ago and now they act like they have never been on a field. I don't know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2019, 9:02 AM

It really is mind-boggling. The team’s performance is very underwhelming but it is what it is. They’re trying. To me what is completely unacceptable and should never happen is taking a starting pitcher out after five innings and given up two hits. That should never ever ever ever happen. EVER

Apr 17, 2019, 8:54 AM

I agree.

I really enjoy how they build things out of cups in the dugout

Apr 17, 2019, 8:58 AM

Yes. We have fun building things and we have some excellent facial hair now!

It's very exciting times.

the Tigers got a

Apr 17, 2019, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: We've come a long way in Clemson baseball. We almost beat ]

Terrific performance by several pitchers last night. They made the ‘dogs’ look like a very average team.... which they may be.

My biggest complaint about last nights game is our failure to advance runners. We got the lead off batter on at least five times in that game and they never reached second base. With the backup catcher in the game you would think that the Tigers would try to run but only once did they try to steal and the catcher threw the ball in to the outfield. I don’t understand this approach to the game. Infield shifts should encourage a hitter to attack the shift but instead the Tigers try to muscle every ball over the fence. Bunting isn’t easy but players at this level should be able to execute a basic play at the right time.

I have a difficult time understanding moving players around. If a guy is the third baseman work with him and make him a good one. Moving him to left field and experimenting with a new guy at third at this point of the season just isn’t the way to develop a team.

I love baseball and I certainly support Clemson in every way possible but watching this team play is very difficult for me to do.

Re: the Tigers got a

Apr 17, 2019, 11:18 AM

Paragraph 1: spot on

Paragraph 2: It is very hard for Monte to decide what to do and rightfully so when it comes to bunting. We don’t manufacture runs well and we k way too often so it’s tough to give up an out. Especially Hawkins. Even if we bunt them to second and third with one out, we most likely don’t score. Monte would rather take 3 hacks at it if he can. I’m with him depending on the situation. He tried to bunt hall after Greene led off with a walk and Sam blew it. Nothing about that part of the game is controllable by Monte the players have to execute.

Paragraph 3: I know byrd has struggled at third base but monte is trying to find the right offensive lineup and James Parker has struggled lately big time. So he put byrd at third base and gave fairey a shot. Now One could argue how is adding Chad fairey to the lineup and offensive boost because he hasn’t had a hit but Monte sees him in practice and really likes him

Apr 17, 2019, 11:36 AM

The Tigers are thirty games into the season so experimenting with player positioning and lineups and basic things like bunting and base running should be over with. This is the time when the team should be getting ready for the stretch run and playoffs instead of searching to find a way to win!

Every game is a replay of the previous game. The Tigers are still making the same mistakes in games like last nights that they made in the first week. I’m not good with that. Still a ways to go so hopefully by tournament time things will turn around. Obviously the approach to the game will not change but perhaps the players will continue to improve. It will be great to see these home run swings finally connect.

Apr 17, 2019, 11:39 AM

THIS IS A VERY YOUNG TEAM THAT IS STILL MISSING 2 IMPORTANT PARTS IN KIER AND GREEN. I COULD SEE DIFFERENT LINEUPS DAILY TILL WE GET AT LEAST ONE OF THESE GUYS BACK

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2019, 1:36 PM

Kier is a big part. Michael Green idk. He does not have a good swing. If he never got hurt we wouldn't have known Bo was ALOT better.

Do I detect sarcasm? Is that SARCASM?***

Apr 17, 2019, 11:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Apr 17, 2019, 11:48 AM

I hope this is a joke

Probably Sarcasm.

Apr 17, 2019, 3:52 PM

I stayed up until 1:35 AM to watch the disaster. The above post about Monte not knowing how/or the batters being unable to advance runners is spot on. I was happy with Monte at first. Now I am beginning to thing he is the baseball equivalent of Tommy Bowden. Decent recruiter, runs a clean program, can't coach on the field. Or teach bunting.

Apr 17, 2019, 4:11 PM

Ever heard the mantra, "Follow the Paw to Omaha"?

should have ended in9 with a win 2-1***

Apr 17, 2019, 8:44 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic