Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We're only two weeks away from the CFP rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

We're only two weeks away from the CFP rankings

Oct 22, 2019, 12:28 PM

Then nobody will give a rat's ### what the AP rankings are.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then ESPN shifts to crying about the committees

Oct 22, 2019, 12:39 PM

thought processes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Then ESPN shifts to crying about the committees

Oct 22, 2019, 12:44 PM

They can cry all they want, but it won't matter. Quite a few of the ESPN talking heads are going to be gobsmacked at the conclusion of the playoff.

Re: We're only two weeks away from the CFP rankings

Oct 22, 2019, 2:58 PM

The next outcry will be positioning the CFP rankings to give the most favorable location/matchup to the SEC.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barring upsets I think we will be similarly ranked

Oct 22, 2019, 3:02 PM

by the committee. I expect us to be in the 3-5 range. LSU will be ahead of us, Ohio state with a win over Wisconsin will be ahead of us, Bama and OU might be ahead of us.

Committee places a big emphasis on good wins and we will be last in that category.

Re: Barring upsets I think we will be similarly ranked

Oct 22, 2019, 4:02 PM

I think you're right. I get the feeling that some people think the CFP committee will have us ranked at #1 while factoring in last season, but I just don't see that happening.

The committee has always made it clear that they look big at quality wins, and that includes wins over ranked teams as well as teams with a winning record. In the past we've had wins over ranked teams including ND, Louisville, FSU during our first 2 years of this CFP run, Auburn, A&M who was still ranked last year, Syracuse, etc...I believe that last year our schedule was also filled with a bunch of teams with winning records even though we didn't have many top 25 wins.

So far this year, we have no wins over teams that are currently ranked in the top 25. That could perhaps change prior to the rankings coming out if they decide to rank A&M if they happen to win their next 2 easier games. Perhaps worse though, is 5 of our 7 opponents thus far this season have losing records. That stat should improve at least somewhat as the season moves along, but it's not going to work well in our favor.

I'm not saying we won't end up in the top 4 as I believe we will, but I don't see us being ranked ahead of LSU and Ohio State when the first ranking comes out at the very least unless they lose before then. I think it'll be a coin flip as to if we're ahead of Bama and Oklahoma for the first one.

Oct 22, 2019, 3:50 PM

it's come out after the BAMA-LSU game, so the worst Clemson would be is 4th, hopefully Ohio State also loses to Wisconsin, because that all but guarantees Clemson's spot in the playoffs, assuming we win the rest of our games

Oct 22, 2019, 4:03 PM

Actually the first one comes out on the Tuesday before the LSU/Bama game.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic