Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, it’s official.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Well, it’s official.

Jul 9, 2020, 11:22 AM

Got my tests results back yesterday evening and it’s positive for COVID. Last Friday my sinuses started bothering me but nothing much else. Then come Monday night I started getting a fever and the chills and aches so Tuesday I went and got tested. It’s been at least 10 years since I had the flu so I compare it to that but I remember the flu being much worse. It hasn’t been fun but it hasn’t been terrible. If the soreness would go away then I’d feel pretty good. I have bursts of energy but for the most part I just lay around. My appetite has been a little off but for the most part I’ve managed to eat pretty good. Two other people I work with came down with it at about the exact same time. The youngest one was over It by Monday and he said he has felt fine ever since. I’ve had sinus infections that have felt worse. I hate it for the ones that it really hits hard though. I’m just thankful it’s hasn’t been too bad for me and hope this thing goes away for everyone. Y’all be safe.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad you are managing it well

Jul 9, 2020, 11:24 AM

Praying for a speedy recovery.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, it’s official.

Jul 9, 2020, 11:25 AM

If you don’t mind me asking, how old are you? Just curious because I’ve talked to ppl from ages 18-52 who have had it and they’ve all said the same thing you have said or no symptoms at all.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 11:42 AM

Jul 10, 2020, 9:50 AM

I have a cousin, 37, and a bother, 39 who both had it. Brother only lost sense of smell and ran a low grade fever....cousin said she felt like she had a sinus infection. Both were over it in less than a week..... Docs had put them both on hydroxychhloroquine and zinc (wow, imagine that, people getting that therapy are recovering). Sending prayers your way.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

Jul 9, 2020, 11:33 AM

Hope for u a speedy recovery. Lotsa folks have it and never show really any signs they even have t. My wife and I got tested last week. Got results yesterday and both negative. Heck, I have more medical issues than most including pulmonary fribrosis. Go Figure! Anyhow, best of luck to you. Sure you will be fine!

Jul 9, 2020, 11:40 AM

Hope you get well soon!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 11:44 AM

Thanks for the description. Many have wondered what it felt like. Speedy recovery for you sir.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wishing you a speedy recovery. Prayers my friend.***

Jul 9, 2020, 11:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 11:47 AM

I ONLY KNOW 2 PEOPLE THAT TESTED POSITIVE. ONE IS 70, HAD ZERO SYMPTOMS. ONLY TESTED BECAUSE HIS WIFE WAS POSITIVE. SHE HAD VERY LITTLE SYMPTOMS. OTHER BUDDY AROUND 50 HAD FEVER FOR 4 DAYS. FELT FINE BEFORE HE GOT HIS RESULTS BACK. ANOTHER FRIENDS DAUGHTER HAS A FRIEND THAT SCHEDULED A TEST BUT CALLED AND CANCELLED IT. GOT A LETTER 5 DAYS LATER THAT HE WAS POSITIVE. WAKE UP PEOPLE. THIS IS A GOVERNMENT TAKEOVER OF OUR LIVES. SCOFF IF YOU WISH.

Just took care of a 26 year old man after he returned from the icu.

Jul 9, 2020, 12:06 PM

He was intubated and given antibodies and remdesivir. He was indeed COVID-19 positive in the icu. They were close to trying ecmo but he started improving. When I took over appeared to be doing better, was weak, paralyzed vocal cords. But then unfortunately he passed blood in stool and vomited blood so he was sent back to the icu. Had two negative tests before he left the icu. Agree this is the exception but there are definitely some folks not doing well.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for posting that just as I was

Jul 9, 2020, 12:10 PM

eating lunch.

Moran

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Did you get the small

Jul 9, 2020, 12:57 PM

Fries or the large Juan’s?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just took care of a 26 year old man after he returned from the icu.

Jul 10, 2020, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Just took care of a 26 year old man after he returned from the icu. ]

You cant tell some people anything. Its just about them. All my life ive heard clemsom family, clemson family. But its really more like.... ive seen so many selfish people on here lately that it makes me sick. Some care nothing about people who dont handle the virus well. Just themselves. Constantly complaining about their inconvenience.

Ive learned one thing lately. Some clemson fans make up the family part, the rest are not about looking out for others. They dont care who they hurt as long as they dont get bothered.

Well im sry, im not built that way. I wear my clemson mask every time im around folks, except my own family since we live together anyway. But i try my best to look out for others who might not do so well.

Masks do help some. How much i dont know but some. When real lives are at stake, ill do what i can.

One guy even asked that i be banned for making posts about safety. I will probably get banned soon. Thats ok by me.

Jul 10, 2020, 1:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Well, it’s official. ]

Officially, I have a friend, late 68 , who spent 21 days in the hospital . Most of that was ICU . He was really sick and several times he thought he wasn’t going to make it .

Granted , his 91 yr. old mom caught it and got over it in a couple of weeks and is doing well . It never really affected her lungs .

She WAS sick and told me , “ don’t let anyone tell you this is the flu “ .

So you just go ahead and believe what you want to . But don’t think for a minute you know anything about this disease .

Jul 10, 2020, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Well, it’s official. ]

SCOFF***

Jul 10, 2020, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, it’s official. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Jul 9, 2020, 11:58 AM

Hoping you have a speedy recovery my friend. It's great that it hasn't waylayed you and hope it goes away fast.

Jul 9, 2020, 12:34 PM

Hope it goes well for you. I keep wondering if its different strains of this or why there is such a wide range of severity among folks with this. I know the preexisitng condition stuff can impact it but you seem to hear of good healthy folks who runs the gamut from death to not even sick. Just really strange how that is and the delay from when symptoms materialize even though you're sick. If someone didnt evelop this for bad intentions the virus is doing a good job of that anyway

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 12:43 PM

I hope you recovery and have a mild case

What did the doctor prescribe?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 4:33 PM

Thanks everybody for the kind words. I actually contacted Prisma and a nurse there called me back Tuesday and asked me a few questions and determined I needed to get tested. So I went to the Greenville memorial parking garage where they test and you never leave your car. And last night my wife logged into the Mychart thing and they had the results posted on that. DHEC got word and called me about an hr ago and asked me some questions but I’m yet to hear from a doctor. So I haven’t been prescribed anything or even had anything recommended. After I posted earlier I took a shower and felt great so I’ve been outside bush hogging and it hasn’t bothered me much at all. Just some coughing here and there. All I’ve taken is a few Tylenol’s and that’s it. They seemed to help with the body aches.

+1 for bush hogging while

Jul 10, 2020, 5:33 PM

having the rona!

Hope you continue to do well and recover fully and quickly!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Jul 9, 2020, 12:52 PM

I am praying you have a full recovery.

Did you have any issues with losing your sense of smell and/or taste?

We have been blessed in our office. But, two have come back from vacation - one from Lake Hartwell where they shared a house with several of their relatives; and one who vacationed in Charleston. We have one coming back Monday from a "Dirty Myrtle" vacation.

Take care and get well soon!
CUTiger1989

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Thank you for sharing your experience!

Jul 9, 2020, 4:34 PM

Yea I did lose my sense of smell and taste but it seems to be slowly coming back.

I swear I had it the week before we went to NO.....Coughed

Jul 9, 2020, 1:13 PM

500 times maybe on Saturday....Slept ALLLLLL day Sunday...Started getting over it Monday....But,I had that cough for a month....Hope I already had it anyway...

If you donate blood, they will test for the antibody for

Jul 9, 2020, 5:09 PM

free & that will tell you if you had it already, or not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: I swear I had it the week before we went to NO.....Coughed

Jul 9, 2020, 6:12 PM [ in reply to I swear I had it the week before we went to NO.....Coughed ]

I am glad you are recovering!

Spud, I had a runny nose and cough in Feb, runny nose lasted a couple of days, cough lasted 7 -8 weeks. I had a Drs appt for something else and they did an antibody test 10 days ago but was negative. I was hoping to have been over it. If you give blood the Red Cross does antibody test.

Message was edited by: djones73®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery.***

Jul 9, 2020, 3:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 11:32 PM

So glad you're weathering it so well. Prayers for fast healing.

Praying you have a complete recovery soon***

Jul 9, 2020, 11:40 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 10, 2020, 2:22 AM

Praying for a rapid recovery.

Jul 10, 2020, 8:53 AM

Take your hydroxychloroquin, zinc and z-pack and you'll be right as rain in no time.

Jul 10, 2020, 8:55 AM

One of my sayings in today's world is that it is hard to know ground truth about hardly anything unless it is in your personal area of expertise.

So many conflicting data sources, conflicting agendas, points of view, etc. Adding COVID on top of that is another layer of confusion.

One thing seems certain, COVID is like Jekyll and Hyde, and we have not figured out what causes which one.

The flu and pneumonia will sometimes kill people unexpectedly (the young, healthy person), but COVID seems worse in terms of frequency.

Jul 10, 2020, 5:24 PM

How old are you, and wishing you a speedy clean bill of health afterwards!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he said he was 37 somewhere in this thread***

Jul 10, 2020, 7:12 PM

Jul 10, 2020, 6:58 PM

Today for the most part I’ve felt almost normal. Still a small cough but the fever is gone and 90% of my energy is back. My taste and smell are better but still not quite back to normal. I feel pretty dang good. Thanks everybody for the thoughts and prayers.

I’ve had it for 12 days now

Jul 10, 2020, 7:45 PM

I had symptoms of a mild cold for 3 days last week and that’s it.

Hang in there man and so glad to hear it's not too bad...

Jul 10, 2020, 8:11 PM

health is something we all can agree is sacred.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic