Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Weather Channel hurricane Iasias hype
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Weather Channel hurricane Iasias hype

Aug 2, 2020, 6:48 PM

Local WCIV Charleston weatherman Dave Williams just reported Charleston will have very little storm surge, wind and about 2” rain here. Then I turned to the weather channel and they just said we could be in trouble with high winds, 6” rain and a few feet of storm surge.
Weather channel is equivalent to CNN in fake hype.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both of them guessing***

Aug 2, 2020, 6:55 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Aug 3, 2020, 8:24 AM

It all depends on the exact track of the storm. A more westward track would mean greater impacts while an eastward track would reduce the likelihood of any significant impacts. Hopefully, this thing stays offshore, doesn't strengthen, and regain hurricane status.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Absolutely is.***

Aug 2, 2020, 6:55 PM

Re: Weather Channel hurricane Iasias hype

Aug 2, 2020, 6:58 PM

It is passing through here now, nothing to worry about, it is weak sauce.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Par for the course these days.***

Aug 2, 2020, 7:03 PM

In other words, hoard the TP and N95 masks!!!***

Aug 2, 2020, 7:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s right buddy. I already have all the milk and bread***

Aug 3, 2020, 5:41 AM

Dave Williams is my go-to for tropical guidance

Aug 2, 2020, 7:07 PM

he has saved me a ton of money in hotel bills

Aug 2, 2020, 7:09 PM

CNN just reported that there will be 15 inches of rain and 150 mph winds. They also reported that it was Trump’s fault.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Biden told him to evacuate the entire east coast. He knows

Aug 2, 2020, 7:11 PM

stuff, sorry, I mean NOTHING.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Biden told him to evacuate the entire east coast. He knows

Aug 2, 2020, 7:27 PM

Joe probably doesn’t know that he lives on the east coast.

Aug 2, 2020, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Biden told him to evacuate the entire east coast. He knows ]

I thought he said west coast evacuation

The west coast can't evacuate. Nobody will take them.***

Aug 2, 2020, 8:29 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2020, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Biden told him to evacuate the entire east coast. He knows ]

I wish a hurricane would have hit CHAZ/CHOP last month with a category 5, and let them hold their autonomous zone together.

So tired of the ridiculousness of our country right now. 5-10% of country have made us the laughing stock of the world!

Social media is the worst invention ever, with spandex in XL sizes a hard second! Pussification of America and idiots voices given so much attention because now it's about clicks and not newsworthy information.

Our president has made us the laughingstock of the world. FIFY.***

Aug 3, 2020, 12:01 AM

WRONG!!

Aug 3, 2020, 12:56 AM

But believe what you will! This country will be the whipping post under any regime managed by or affiliated with people like Biden, Pelosi, AOC, Sanders, Harris, Schiff, Obama, etc. China and Russia are drooling to have these idiots in house so they can take these Marxist left wingers that think Trump is bad, riots are peaceful protests, and BLM is actually something yet a black pastor can be gunned down in middle of day for preaching the word of God and agreeing with Trump. BLM, Al Sharpton and Jesse don't get outraged that a black outstanding member of society gets killed for religious and political beliefs?? BLM could give 2 turds about that pastor because it doesn't get them paid by left wingers. Crime is up over 500% in some places in America in 2020, guess who governs those areas? Dems, and a lot are black dems. How are they more worried about whether Trump might send in federal agents than they are worried about the black people being murdered in their city every day.

Believe what you will, live with your consequences, i hope you vote to defund police and then need to call "Out of Service 911" only to get the recording Due to dems and funding, no longer in service! Please call the Social Worker hotline, hold time is 4days 10hr and 43min. You can hold or we can put you on the callback list, you will not lose your place in line, operating hrs are 9-5! Thanks for calling. If it's an emergency, please perform CPR while you drive to hospital or grab your kevlar bullet proof suit since only bad guys still have weapons, have a good day thanks for calling!

Re: WRONG!!

Aug 3, 2020, 5:09 AM

TBB, you know you can’t fix stupid. There’s nothing to be gained by even trying to use common sense these days.

Common sense is not so common unfortunately. ??

He didn’t suggest diverting it with a nuclear weapon? Weird, seemed like such a good idea...***

Aug 2, 2020, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Weather Channel hurricane Iasias hype ]

Aug 2, 2020, 7:13 PM

CNN just said said Charleston to expect 4’ storm surge.
Idiots.

Aug 2, 2020, 7:20 PM

the eye wall just passed about 70 miles from here. not so much as a drop of rain or a gust over 30 mph.

Aug 2, 2020, 7:22 PM

What city do you live in?

Aug 2, 2020, 9:15 PM

I am in Jensen Beach

It is sad bc the weather channel used to be legit

Aug 2, 2020, 7:49 PM

I feel bad for the meteorologists bc I know they don’t care for the need for ratings that is getting pushed down their throats by execs. TWC is losing credibility in the name of company profits.

Never forget Weather Channel during Florence

Aug 2, 2020, 7:56 PM

https://youtu.be/XFh-X1bv4P0

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fake news before it was mainstream. He is leaning the wrong

Aug 3, 2020, 5:20 AM

way. His back is against the wind lol

Re: Never forget Weather Channel during Florence

Aug 3, 2020, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Never forget Weather Channel during Florence ]

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/files/rural-living/571362d1537281991-legitimate-fake-news-weather-channel-fake-weather-jpg

Aug 2, 2020, 8:00 PM

Yeah, we're down her in Beaufort. Business as usual.

This crying wolf shiite gets old.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2020, 8:24 PM

It is very difficult to get the weather on The Weather Channel anymore. They were giving you the weather on the 8's of the hour. Now you don't know which 8. They seem to be more concerned about their appearance and giving classroom type lectures on stuff no one cares about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean stuff like this?

Aug 2, 2020, 10:14 PM

https://youtu.be/pmJ8tXTcCfE

Aug 2, 2020, 9:12 PM

twc sold their soul to the counter culture global warming crowd years ago. Most weather services have politicized weather in order to gain favor with the watermelon crowd!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2020, 10:08 PM

#### I love watermelon

Aug 2, 2020, 9:19 PM

Currently sitting just east of the storm now, about 30mph winds with occasional downpours.

The skies are actually Clemson orange right now at sunset, expecting strong winds (40 to 50 mph) around midnight with 3 to 4 inches of rain.

The sooner you learn ALL media overhype

Aug 2, 2020, 10:41 PM

to get ears/eyeballs, the calmer you will be. If you want news, get a left and right source and average. Sadly, that is all you can do now. An information age where we cannot get information.

In SAV Ga nothing to report @ 11:30pm & GF#1 is pisssed b/c she..

Aug 2, 2020, 11:34 PM

nailed (not me)..but all her furniture, plants, stuff and me as well with getting van & boat out from under trees.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so true... we can no longer get info in info age***

Aug 3, 2020, 5:13 AM [ in reply to The sooner you learn ALL media overhype ]

Friends and I always have a big laugh

Aug 3, 2020, 4:51 AM

over the folks at TWC, as they go into overdrive during storms in attempts to stretch the drama.

Typically you have to decide for yourself

Aug 3, 2020, 5:11 AM

they always blow it up but every now and again they are right. It's better to be safe than sorry, but this is a nothing burger

Aug 3, 2020, 10:52 AM

most egregious of all their fear mongering I have ever seen. And any hurricane with only 6 letters in its name but 4 syllables just insists upon itself.

Aug 3, 2020, 11:11 AM

Hopefully we can pronounce the next hurricane ?? that comes along.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic