Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We thought it strange how Duke swooped in at the last minute
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

We thought it strange how Duke swooped in at the last minute

Oct 17, 2018, 5:04 PM

and signed Zion. Looks like he was just looking for the highest bidder, so we probably were never really in the running at all! If Zion was asking for money, a house and jobs for his parents, from Kansas, you don't really think Duke got him for nothing, do you? Oh yeah, he just wanted to be in the brotherhood! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We thought it strange how Duke swooped in at the last minute

Oct 17, 2018, 6:17 PM

There is nothing in NCAA regulations or against the law in having a "friend of the program" offer a job and below market rental place to parents of a recruit/player.

Duke has done it frequently before.

So has UNC.

In fact, UNC has given parents university jobs, like Hansborough's mother.

They don't talk about it, but when it comes up, it turns out it isn't illegal or against any rules.

So yeah, Zion's father probably has or will have a low to no responsibilities job at some place owned by a friend of Duke's program.

I don't know if that is an option at Clemson because there isn't much basketball support and Brad probably would not allow it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We thought it strange how Duke swooped in at the last minute

Oct 17, 2018, 9:09 PM

It very well could be that all of the Adidas carp in the news made Kansas not so attractive and Duke more attractive. I don't know for sure what goes on, but Duke has had enough success that it shouldn't have to pay to get top recruits. If Clemson can get them in football why not Duke in BB? There have been enough signs from UNC to be very suspicious, some are even documented, so I don't include them in this assessment.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic