Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We still aren't as good as UNC in basketball.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

We still aren't as good as UNC in basketball.

Jan 16, 2018, 9:27 PM

Using a football analogy, they recruit like we do, or like Alabama or Ohio State. On the other hand, we recruit like they do in football, or maybe NCST. As a result, they are loaded with studs (and always have been) like we are in football, while we have a few studs, a few more who could possibly develop into studs, and then some solid role players. The result is the same talent gap we've seen for years, and saw again tonight.

We may never recruit at that level, at least not in my lifetime, but we are closer now than we have been in a long time. I hold out hope that a guy like Zion can signal a step up to another level for our basketball recruiting, much like Spiller did in football. And I hope I live to see us win in Chapel Hole . . . not giving up!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: We still aren't as good as UNC in basketball.

Jan 16, 2018, 9:33 PM

Good chance to beat UNC at LJ though this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but just once in 59 tries you would think we could

Jan 16, 2018, 9:35 PM

pull an upset like a Syracuse or Pitt upset of the football Tigers (to continue your analogy).

It's just maddening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, but just once in 59 tries you would think we could

Jan 16, 2018, 9:36 PM

It's hard to win when it's 5v8.

fouls were 19 to 21. you would think reading all these post it was

Jan 16, 2018, 10:53 PM

35 to 8.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree.***

Jan 16, 2018, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Yeah, but just once in 59 tries you would think we could ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jan 16, 2018, 10:00 PM

Probably never will be , consistently . We can improve in so many ways , but until you have comparable players at most positions ...to use a football comparison...we are BC to their Clemson .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 16, 2018, 10:29 PM

We looked better than them in the second half. They were on fire early and we played horrible. Our best 3 were 0-13 in the first half. Give them credit for closing the game out tho. They are clutch.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic