Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We could win it all by 7 points and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

We could win it all by 7 points and

Oct 5, 2015, 10:46 AM

There will be a handful of you complaining that we didn't win by ten.

I can't believe Ive seen so much complaining about the play calling. Y'all are acting like we lost the game or something.

It was CONSERATIVE due to the monsoon, I was there, I can back that up. If you weren't at the game, your opinion is already skewed because it's easy to criticize from your warm comfy couch.

Obviously I would of loved more dynamic play calling but being at the game, I see why they took the conservative philosophy.

Irish were doing nothing until the 4th. I keep hearing that they passed the ball and had no trouble.

Well it doesn't take a rocket science to know when you are down 3 possessions and have 11 minutes, you have to step up the urgency. Come on people, they were forced to throw the ball.

We are #6 in the nation, undefeated, and are in the drivers seat for the playoffs.

The glass can be half full or half empty. I hope y'all don't apply the same outlook on Clemson football as you do in life. Looking at the negatives all the time is not the way to live.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i get the point on people worrying about the play calling

Oct 5, 2015, 10:55 AM

I was there and it did seem like offensively we started playing not to lose. We abandoned what we had been doing that was working. It may have been the weather as well but it just makes you wonder. However, in the end.. We won the game and that's all that matters!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i get the point on people worrying about the play calling

Oct 5, 2015, 10:58 AM

Look at the scores of the games for the 1981 season. Danny would get a lead and sit on it!

You know what you call a team...

Oct 5, 2015, 11:01 AM [ in reply to i get the point on people worrying about the play calling ]

...who successfully plays not to lose?

Winners.

We played to shorten the game in the second half and lower the chance of turnovers and huge momentum swings. And we actually did go for the jugular on a great (IMO) call which was underthrown and intercepted (not to mention the near miss to Scott in the endzone). After the interception we did go back to trying to shorten the game and it worked.

I really only had a problem with 1 play call and that was the obvious empty backfield Watson run on 3rd and 2 late. I would've much preferred a blocking back or at least a a read option, but that play worked two drives before so I can't be too upset.

Truth is with the O line we had (and the Defense we had supporting the team), I had no problem at all with the primarily conservative gameplan that worked (as is evidenced by the scoreboard).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2015, 11:01 AM [ in reply to i get the point on people worrying about the play calling ]

The decision was made at the 21-3 juncture to put the game in the hands of our defense. Offensively, we were all about taking care of the ball. Nothing would have helped the Irish more than a short field off a turnover. AND the one shot we took resulted in a pick. Ironic the fans the OP refers to are worried about being too conservative.

Defensively, we played like Louisville played us. Take away the long strike and keep everything in front of us. Time was our ally. The longer it took them to score, the less time they had to make a game of it. It almost didn't work, but then again, IT DID!

I'll take that 8 more times, then another, then two more.

Message was edited by: David78®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Oct 5, 2015, 11:04 AM [ in reply to i get the point on people worrying about the play calling ]

We haven't broken 30 points against a FBS school yet. How could you not be a little concerned?

We'll see how the offense preforms against the Nerds this weekend. They should be able to drop 30 on their defense.

Relax. We have played two top shelf defenses in a row and

Oct 5, 2015, 11:09 AM

beaten them both. We're in great position to make a run.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Those folks would have hated watching Danny Ford football.

Oct 5, 2015, 10:58 AM

Back then it was 3 yards and a cloud of dust, but it was winning football and I never missed a game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They would have hated walking when they...

Oct 5, 2015, 11:36 AM

ran their horses to death too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take a Danny Ford coached team

Oct 5, 2015, 12:52 PM

over an air raid offense anyway.

That's What Is Wrong

Oct 5, 2015, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Those folks would have hated watching Danny Ford football. ]

with fball today. danny would let the d kick a$$ and manage the game by grounding it out. just look at scores from natty champ yr. I'll take that all day

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: We could win it all by 7 points and

Oct 5, 2015, 11:07 AM

Thank you for the level-headedness. It is severely lacking on here. We were conservative because of the monsoon. And people keep saying "well ND was aggressive and they had success throwing it so much." A genius response said that ND also turned it over 4 times in doing so. Don't you dumpers think they'd like to have at least ONE of them back??

Re: We could win it all by 7 points and

Oct 5, 2015, 11:33 AM

I regret that I have but one TU to give. The same people bichin now would be apoplectic had we turned the ball over trying to "put the game away".

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic