Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We beat Louisville with Stoudt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

We beat Louisville with Stoudt

Nov 23, 2014, 11:08 AM

And Louisville is a heck of alot better than SCar.

We wipe the floor on SCar. They suck.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

They do suck. Go Tigers.***

Nov 23, 2014, 11:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

We haven't lost at home to an unranked opponent since

2008, I don't expect that to change. We defend our turf pretty well now-a-days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: We haven't lost at home to an unranked opponent since

Nov 23, 2014, 12:45 PM

oh god, they can break our unranked, unbeaten streak. they do have something to play for, other than Shreveport.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt we wipe the floor with anyone

If stoudt plays, but I do agree Louisville is better than that team from the midlands. We win by 4

and that was without him practicing all week

Nov 23, 2014, 11:12 AM

Nm

Would not have done so without the crowd noise

Nov 23, 2014, 11:13 AM

Be loud a tiger Fans

Re: Would not have done so without the crowd noise

Nov 23, 2014, 11:34 AM

I still think DW starts.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

You keep saying that, do you have information others don't?***

Nov 23, 2014, 12:41 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You keep saying that, do you have information others don't?***

Nov 23, 2014, 12:42 PM

Maybe ;:

Re: We beat Louisville with Stoudt

Nov 23, 2014, 11:26 AM

Then we need special teams and a defensive touchdown to beat them. Just like LU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good point***

Nov 23, 2014, 11:30 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way. SCar's defense sucks.***

Nov 23, 2014, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: We beat Louisville with Stoudt ]

Re: No way. SCar's defense sucks.***

Nov 23, 2014, 12:21 PM

I've heard that the past 2 years. I want to see a Morris led offense score more than 17 on it before I trash it.

Re: No way. SCar's defense sucks.***

Nov 23, 2014, 12:23 PM

Your point is valid but I was always afraid of SCar's defense the last 4 years.

This year....I don't even know a single player on their defense.

Absolutely garbage defense but I can understand your caution.

Garbage might be a little strong. Certainly not as good as

Nov 23, 2014, 1:03 PM

Past years, but they are not garbage

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tennessee put up over 600 yds on them.

Nov 23, 2014, 1:13 PM

and Mizzou just shut them down.

Our offense never saw the end zone against Louisville.***

Nov 23, 2014, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: We beat Louisville with Stoudt ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

We still won

Nov 23, 2014, 12:04 PM

Louisville's defense is much better than SCar's

I just think it's misleading to suggest that because we beat

Nov 23, 2014, 12:13 PM

Louisville with Stoudt, and Louisville is better than SCAR, that therefore we can beat SCAR with Stoudt. We actually beat Louisville (in part at least) in spite of Stoudt, and we won't likely win another game in that fashion with a punt return and a fumble recovery. I agree that SCAR's defense sucks, but our offense sucks really bad too with Stoudt.

Just my opinion, but with Stoudt, I think us winning is a long shot. I wouldn't be surprised to see them put a whooping on us. With a fully healthy Watson, we have a pretty good shot.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Misleading?

Nov 23, 2014, 12:19 PM

It will be more difficult. Our defense will have to play lights out.

But,

I think GTs offense is much better than SCar's and our defense held their own.

If we keep SCar under 20 points we win.

Don't forget that we have faced very good defenses this year. Wake Forest defense is much better than SCar's.

To say we have no shot with Stoudt is wrong. Play calling by Morris will have to be close to perfect but I'd say it's 55-45 percent we win with Stoudt. With DW I'd edge it to 80% chance we win.

Our offense is definitely better than Louisville and GT's

Nov 23, 2014, 12:59 PM

Louisville would have won easily with our offense.

Your weakness on defense is your secondary. We have a pretty strong passing game and will look to take advantage of it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Our offense is definitely better than Louisville and GT's

Nov 23, 2014, 1:18 PM

Louisville's defense is much better than yours so I'm not sure what your point was.

We really don't have a weakness on defense. Our secondary is solid. Maybe not the best unit on our defense but our corners are really good and safeties are really good.

Our defense and Florida is comparable. Some argue our defense is better.

I'm sure clemson fans argue it

Nov 23, 2014, 1:22 PM

But no one outside of them actually believes it.

How did you guys compare versus your common opponent?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sure clemson fans argue it

Nov 23, 2014, 1:25 PM

Clemson defense has had one bad quarter for the entire season.

Re: I'm sure clemson fans argue it

Nov 23, 2014, 1:26 PM

Hence why they are the #1 Defense in the country

It conveniently happened against the only good offense

Nov 23, 2014, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm sure clemson fans argue it ]

You've played this season.

GTech is in the top 20 offense.

Nov 23, 2014, 1:28 PM

Their offense scares me more than SCar's.

Pressure on Thompson and the offense folds.

You have also thought you were going to win the last few years

Nov 23, 2014, 1:37 PM

So maybe you're just getting your hopes up again?

Maybe you're trying convince yourself

Nov 23, 2014, 1:42 PM

that you guys don't actually suck and have 6 losses on the season to some mediocre teams.

I don't understand the hyperbole

Nov 23, 2014, 1:50 PM

How are you going to feel if you lose to a team that you are certain 'sucks' ?

Re: I don't understand the hyperbole

Nov 23, 2014, 1:52 PM

Pretty bad.

But you guys do suck.

But if we win it will be undeniable that we were the better team

Nov 23, 2014, 2:04 PM

so I guess that would mean clemson sucks more?

I don't understand your logic but whatever.

Re: But if we win it will be undeniable that we were the better team

Nov 23, 2014, 2:19 PM

Yes. You still suck

Re: Our offense is definitely better than Louisville and GT's

Nov 23, 2014, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Our offense is definitely better than Louisville and GT's ]

Also the team's you've had problems with all year are ones with good pass rushers like Mizzou and Florida.

I expect alot of pressure on Dylan Thompson.

I sure hope you are right. I know SCAR's defense is not

Nov 23, 2014, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Misleading? ]

good. I get that. I just believe that our offense may be worse. Here's to hoping you are right and I am wrong, and that Watson is 100% healthy and the OL protects him and opens some holes for Dye and Gallman.

- H. L. Mencken

Nov 23, 2014, 11:59 AM

All depends on the game Chad calls. I have become increasingly unimpressed with his play calling and offense as the years have passed.

He really needs to limit the screen passes. And incorporate more crossing, quick slants and in routes into his offense. His offense is read option which is slow developing, WR screen pass, chuck it deep on a fly route, QB power or silly trick play that never works. The goal is to keep it simple to move fast and honestly Fedora runs circles around Morris on the pace of the offense. Cole seems to work better when the pace is faster. I do not think it allows him to think as much.

Hopefully Morris will continue to evolve his offense. Remember Spence was able to blowout out the sisters of the poor as well. Morris needs to earn his money against teams in the top 25 and SC. Stoudt has issues but Morris has handcuffed him as well by not developing a plan and adapting the offense to Cole. Hoping the Chad calls a good game this Sat.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 1:55 PM

And you are? Oh yeah on a message board. I say we stick with Morris.

Not same Cole playing

Nov 23, 2014, 12:18 PM

nm

Nov 23, 2014, 12:26 PM

OK, no sense playing the game...just like the last 5 years...we can all go home now, get ready for Christmas!

Nov 23, 2014, 1:42 PM

I thought or defense beat Louisville...

Nov 23, 2014, 2:02 PM

Didn't Louisville play without Dyer or Parker in the clemson game? That is pretty huge to not have your best two offensive players.

Also, I don't know the exact situation, but I know that Gardner only played about a half in that game. Was he injured?

Yes, I know DeShaun Watson also did not play, but remember this post is BASED ON the assumption that DeShaun doesn't play against SC. So that wouldn't change things.

I think Dyer and Parker both being out had a big impact on that game.

We will see what happens in six days.

I think Watson will play.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic