Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We are winning DESPITE our coaching staff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

We are winning DESPITE our coaching staff

Nov 13, 2017, 9:31 AM

I don't get why people questioning our coaching staff are called coots or bandwagon fans. Let's review some of the egregious coaching errors that have taken place so far this season. First of all, there's just no way that Hunter Johnson isn't miles better than KB in practice. I have never been to a Clemson practice, but I just know in my gut it's true. Along with that, did y'all see the way Hunter bludgeoned the Wake defense on that 4-play drive late in that game? I mean, I tell you what. That's all I needed to see right there.

And let's be real here. What has KB really done this season to solidify himself as the starter anyway? Beat Auburn? LOL. Won at Louisville? LOL. Won at Lane Stadium? LOL. Won at Carter Finley? LOL. Beating teams that look at their game with us as their "Super Bowl?" LOL. LOL. LOL. Can Dabo and the staff really not see this blatant liability we have that has us 9-1, back in the ACC Championship, and in the playoff hunt after losing the greatest player in school history?!?!?!?

Oh, and by the way, I went back and took screenshots of every single Clemson passing play this season so far, and from my view there's WRs streaking open on all of them! Literally if KB was even a halfway decent QB he would already have thrown at least 83 touchdowns this season, and that's a conservative estimate!!!

I just don't know how much longer we can trust these coaches. I really don't.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

TL;Dr***

Nov 13, 2017, 9:32 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: We are winning DESPITE our coaching staff

Nov 13, 2017, 9:32 AM

now we wait.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

I'm embarrassed for you.***

Nov 13, 2017, 9:33 AM

meter is working

Nov 13, 2017, 9:34 AM

Nm

For gawd's sake...we should have blown out FSU for 4 qtrs...

Nov 13, 2017, 9:35 AM

Why spin it? FSU is a terrible 3 win team loaded with 4-5 star players who are poorly coached and have little discipline. I don't care that they were preseason #3 and I don't care that their name start with an F and ends in a U....they still have an S in the middle which stands for $hit.

49-17 would have been a more appropriate score with HJ playing for the final 8 minutes in the 4th qtr. If you guy can't see that we have to be a much better team to get past USuC, the Convicts and not embarrass ourselves in the CFP I don't know what to tell you. Maybe, the offense will wake up but right now...with 2 minutes left on the clock and needing a TD or even a FG is what's gonna break our hearts in the end.

GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Amen. This right here is why Crump needs to make a

Nov 13, 2017, 4:28 PM

TUx1000 button.

Limit it to 1 use per month or something so the RAG can't go crazy.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

I like it. Maybe a once per calendar year 10,000 TU button?***

Nov 13, 2017, 5:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

I bet you are winning the Donor's Den Pick Six.

Nov 13, 2017, 9:39 AM

Admit it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2017, 9:54 AM

Sometimes, I wonder if our coaches review the opponent's film. It seems like we don't know what the other team is doing until we're in the middle of a dog fight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed!

Nov 13, 2017, 10:01 AM

How Dabo is 98-29 (61-16 ACC) over the last decade is beyond me!

SMDH

Re: Agreed!

Nov 13, 2017, 10:04 AM

Agreed ..... I read somewhere that Dabo is nothing but a cheerleader!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm proud of our coaches

Nov 13, 2017, 10:11 AM

They could've just run the clock out at the end of the game Saturday night. But they knew that the Clemson faithful wanted our free tea and fries from Bojangles, so they sent Adam Choice out to take care of business and get us to 31. The result was delicious.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The OP gets it....

Nov 13, 2017, 10:23 AM

...both ways...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2017, 10:25 AM

The coaching staff is the reason we have the skill players we have. The reason we are in a position to win ballgames and titles and most of all a program built on integrity and sportsmanship we can all be PROUD of.

Nov 13, 2017, 10:37 AM

1st post in 9 years is this?

I don't get it Big Dan?***

Nov 13, 2017, 10:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2017, 10:55 AM

The key phrase in your post is,"I've not been to a single practice." Are you so full of yourself that you actually think you know more about what happens at practice than the coaches who are there? I'm not saying Kelly Bryant is a DeShaun equivalent. Clearly he isn't. But I take the coaches word that he is the best quarterback we have and he gives us the best chance of winning. I think you need to take a deep cleansing breath and recognize that 90% of colleges in America would love to have our coaching staff. Get a grip. This is a rebuilding year at Clemson and we're 9-1. We have Citadel and SC left on the schedule. We are heavy favorites in both. We've won the Atlantic Division for the 3rd consecutive year and if/when we beat Miami in Charlotte, we'll be in the playoffs for the 3rd consecutive year. You've lost all sense of perspective and I hope you regain it soon. You're missing out on a great experience since "the fun is in the winning." Go Tigers!

I believe the OP is in a Summer Pro Fantasy League, so he's

Nov 13, 2017, 10:59 AM

got extensive experience.

Like the guy at the counter of the Crispy Cremes, I'd hate to sell SHL short.

I'm undefeated all-time at

Nov 13, 2017, 11:50 AM

donuts.

Tweet that.

Impressive!

Nov 14, 2017, 10:32 AM

I was taken down by a half dozen donuts once. Didn't wake until dinner.

Finally, a rational response to this nonsense! Thank you!

Nov 13, 2017, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: We are winning DESPITE our coaching staff ]

No TU for you cause I don't want to be ridiculed. Keep it on the low down and such.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Nov 13, 2017, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: We are winning DESPITE our coaching staff ]

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sarcasm

Nov 13, 2017, 11:06 AM

There is some room on the couch, right here next to me. I admit that I was not happy when we hired Dabo. I wanted Lane Kiffin believe it or not. BUT, we had smarter people than me in the AD's office, and I am pretty happy with that. The coaches make some moves that I don't agree with, but the better terminology would be that I don't understand. Your heart might be telling you something about the practices based on 4 plays, but I'll accept the coaching staff's opinion, right or wrong, based on watching all of the practices. Maybe, we should remember that this was supposed to be somewhat of a rebuilding year, appreciate what the coaches HAVE done, and sit on the couch, where WE belong, for some pretty good football.

Nov 13, 2017, 11:51 AM

Got another on the line.

Nov 13, 2017, 11:12 AM

EXACTLY!

This year I got a brand new big screen TV in my parents' basement and convinced them to get high speed internet, so now I can clearly see the games and pour over fan blogs. No doubt, these coaches are blind. I swear, if I've fired off one email to Dabo I fired off a million, AND HE IGNORES THEM!! The man does not listen to reason.

This is so frustrating. Man, if coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind, and now I'd be sitting in a hot tub with my soul=mate.

in english please

Nov 13, 2017, 12:11 PM

gracias

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I think it has deteriorated to where are players want to win

Nov 13, 2017, 4:37 PM

TO SPITE our coaches!

Re: I think it has deteriorated to where are players want to win

Nov 13, 2017, 7:39 PM

Ok mr spiller, lets fire the whole lot of them. Then we can bring butch (champions for life) in and have a real winning program.

Nov 13, 2017, 8:13 PM

how about 37 and 3 the last three years..Tells me they know what they are doing... tells me you have no fing clue

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2017, 8:14 PM

how about 37 and 3 the last three years..Tells me they know what they are doing... tells me you have no fing clue

Nov 13, 2017, 8:16 PM

TA

Is this sarcasm?

Nov 14, 2017, 10:11 AM

It feels like sarcasm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, the OP was serious.***

Nov 14, 2017, 10:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Headline should be edited to "Offensive Coaching Staff"

Nov 14, 2017, 10:12 AM

Defense has pulled their weight all year despite a ton of injuries.

Re: Headline should be edited to "Offensive Coaching Staff"

Nov 14, 2017, 10:26 AM

What concerns me the most is when KB is struggling just pull him for 1 series so he can collect his thoughts and see from the sidelines what the defense is doing. Maybe it would help him, maybe not, but I don't think it would hurt. Sometimes these little things like this would help, especially if the qb coach would work with him and do a little sideline coaching during the game showing him what he is doing wrong. This is just my thinking after seeing him struggle at times. Don't get me wrong KB is a good qb, but like everyone he makes some mistakes that is correctable even during games.

Please delete your account. K. Thanks***

Nov 14, 2017, 10:18 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How this wall of drivel ever got POTD is beyond me.***

Nov 14, 2017, 10:20 AM

Easy....

Nov 14, 2017, 10:24 AM

it's a low, low bar.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2017, 10:49 AM

Really.... less than 12 months after winning the Natty you sh*t on the coaches? We lost one game, there likely was a coaching decision that I think they learned from, still unbelievable that you question a coaching staff that just built a national championship program... we are winning because the coaching staff and player development... which is coaching.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic