Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We Need A Little Jocularity Around Here.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,182

We Need A Little Jocularity Around Here.

Mar 20, 2018, 7:40 PM

After perusing several threads on the board it gets rather boring to read all of the "Fire Brad" and the bickering among the posters. I sometimes wonder how some people can go through life with a negative attitude. I thoroughly enjoy the funny episodes in our life, episodes we create and some that happen accidentally. And most create life-long laughs, memories that can never be erased.

My wife and I tried to do something nice for our nieces and nephews, usually between their junior and senior years in high school or just after their senior year. This event happened many years ago because this niece is now in her mid 40's. She always reminds me of the pranks we have shared.

Betweemn her junior and senior years in high school, my wife, one daughter and I took this niece to Hawaii. She had never flown before and I was giving her some info re flying. I told her we would be on a huge plane with many passengers, plus tons of luggage and hundreds of gallons of fuel. To help us get airborn as we cruised down the run way, I told her we would have to raise up above the seat to lighten the load.

The day of our departure from Atlanta arrived. We boarded our flight and I was sitting next to my niece. I told her to buckle up, which she did. She looked at me and said, "Uncle Joe, I have a question. I can't stand up with this seat belt on". I suggested she loosen the belt just enough so she could get her body off the seat. I also told her I would let her know when to get up.

We taxied out to the runway and off we went. When we got up to full speed, I told her it was now time to stand, so up she went. She looked at me and asked why no one else was standing. I told her apparently they wre seasoned travelers. Rather than standing, they inhale their lungs to full capacity and hold their breath until we have just gone airborn. A couple of minutes later she looked at me and said, "Uncle Joe, I'm going to get you for this", and we both had a big laugh.

Every one who goes to Hawaii is aware of their little finger and thumbs up for "hang loose". We had been visiting the islands other than Oahu for several days and were returning to Honolulu, arriving late at night and tired from all of our activities. We came around a corner at the terminal just as a well endowed, bra-less young lady came bouncing along toward us. When she was out of ear shot, my niece turned to me nd said, "Uncle Joe, did you see that? She's hanging loose". I assured her I had noticed every bounce.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We Need A Little Jocularity Around Here.

Mar 20, 2018, 7:59 PM

You never get too old to enjoy "boing-Boing"...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,182
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic