Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We Could End Up Playing Louisville For The Natty
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

We Could End Up Playing Louisville For The Natty

Oct 4, 2016, 8:04 AM

I could see the playing out:

#1 Alabama vs #4 Louisville

I absolutely think Louisville can beat Bama

#2 Clemson vs #3 Ohio State

We are very capable of beating TOS again

Clemson vs Louisville in Tampa

This would be a whale of a game and a statement for the ACC

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

I don't think there's a chance of that happening

Oct 4, 2016, 8:08 AM

Louisville will not make the playoffs with 2 losses. Go Cougs!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I Hope Houston Beats Louisville but I don't think so

Oct 4, 2016, 8:09 AM

But that's just my opinion

I think the only way Houston loses that game at home is if

Oct 4, 2016, 8:11 AM

all the coaching vacancies start to distract Herman's coaches and players. Otherwise they will beat the Cards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I think the only way Houston loses that game at home is if

Oct 4, 2016, 8:26 AM

Just wondering why so much confidence? Houston is a mirror of Louisville with less talent. I think Houston is a very good team and capable of winning, but if Jackson is healthy I wouldn't expect them to win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You're talking about Houston right, the team that beat

Oct 4, 2016, 8:40 AM

Louisville at Louisville last year? The team that beat FSU by 14 in their bowl game last year? The team that beat Oklahoma at Oklahoma this year? To say Houston has less talent than Louisville isn't exactly true.

I would be absolutely shocked if Houston stayed within 14.*****

Oct 4, 2016, 9:15 AM [ in reply to I think the only way Houston loses that game at home is if ]

Why? All I can go off of is what's happened so far

Oct 4, 2016, 9:35 AM

Houston has had one big game, on the road and they won comfortably.

Louisville has had two big games, one at home which they dominated and one on the road where they got 5 turnovers and still lost.

Last year Houston beat Louisville at Louisville.

What makes you think Louisville will run away with this game at Houston?

There's actually a pretty good chance

Oct 4, 2016, 8:11 AM [ in reply to I don't think there's a chance of that happening ]

No reason UL can't beat Houston. Both teams are really good and it will be a hard fought game. I think UL would walk right over a slow team like Alabama, who is overrated on defense this year. I definitely don't want to see Lamar again this year though unless our offense is finally clicking on all cylinders.

Snowflake Basher........Out

First, I expect Houston will win that game

Oct 4, 2016, 8:15 AM

Second, you're counting on there not being a Pac12 representative and Washington is looking really good at the moment.

Third, you're counting on two teams from the ACC getting in, as opposed to 2 B1G teams getting in. If the OSU/Michigan game is a game between 2 undefeated teams and goes down to the wire they could very well both make it.

Re: First, I expect Houston will win that game

Oct 4, 2016, 8:20 AM

I think Oregon has washingtons number as usual; Louisville with a loss would get in well before a one loss Michigan esp if they handle Houston decisively.

Washington will beat Oregon this year.

Oct 4, 2016, 8:37 AM

Mark Helfrich's seat is getting hot right now. A lot of articles have come out that Oregon is ready to go to a different direction.

Re: First, I expect Houston will win that game

Oct 4, 2016, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: First, I expect Houston will win that game ]

You're forgetting that Michigan football is a much better brand than Louisville football. The 4th team could very well come down to TV ratings and $$$$$$$$$$.

Re: I don't think there's a chance of that happening

Oct 4, 2016, 8:12 AM [ in reply to I don't think there's a chance of that happening ]

so yo don't think "there's a chance" louisville beats houston?.. well, then i hope we don't have to face houston. but,... i really don't wanta face louisville again.. i DO believe we are the better team. take away 2 of those 5 TO's and that game's not close, .. i don't think, anyway. but, with all that said.. it's TOUGH to beat a team four times in a row.. esp. a team that's very capable of playing with you.

Re: I don't think there's a chance of that happening

Oct 4, 2016, 8:15 AM

No way Houston beats Louisville

Why not?***

Oct 4, 2016, 8:16 AM

If The Louisville Team Played Us Shows Up UH Loses

Oct 4, 2016, 8:19 AM [ in reply to I don't think there's a chance of that happening ]

Houston will not have the atmosphere of the Valley and I don't think Houston has the depth that Louisville or Clemson has. Sure, their first string is tough as any team in the nation, but what shape will they be in on Nov 17th after the wear and tear of a season?

Houston won't need the atmosphere we had in DV

they will just need to do a better job protecting the football than we did. Marshall and Clemson gave a blueprint for stopping the Loserville offense. Marshall just didn't have enough talent to stick with them 4 quarters and move the ball well offensively. Houston has more than enough talent to do that.

We thought the same thing last year about Notre Dame***

Oct 4, 2016, 8:18 AM

Re: We Could End Up Playing Louisville For The Natty

Oct 4, 2016, 8:18 AM

Sounds like a few people are scared of playing L'ville again. We beat them once, we can do it again. No way we turn the ball over 5 times, it would be a larger margin of victory for us the second time around.

Oct 4, 2016, 8:22 AM

I can't believe anyone would leave Washington out of the playoff. They destroyed a good Stanford team in every facet of the game. If they are undefeated, and I think they will be, then the committee would have to select a PAC-12 team.

I see:
CLEMSON
ALABAMA
WASHINGTON
winner of UM/OSU

I don't see anyone from the Big-12 making it.

You must have missed above where Lostlocal declared

Oct 4, 2016, 8:28 AM

Oregon will have Washington's number again

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=20165549

Oct 4, 2016, 8:25 AM

Even if Clemson and Louisville makes the top 4 the committee will rank them so that we play in the semifinals, they will never put us on both sides of the bracket. No way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope they wouldn't do that. It would be BS to make us

rematch in the semifinal.

Clemson vs Louisville in the Natty would be Ratings Gold

Oct 4, 2016, 8:31 AM

Everyone is talking about how epic that game was...I think is would sell

Also, I don't the Washington runs the table and the Pac 12 is weaker than well-water. Also, the Big 12 is in even worse shape.

It has a chance, but a lot of other things needs to happen to help the Cards

Re: Clemson vs Louisville in the Natty would be Ratings Gold

Oct 4, 2016, 8:33 AM

It might be ratings gold but the conferences would not let that happen. Committee members from the non-ACC conferences would have an "unspoken" agreement not to let that happen. Trust me I know how they work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2016, 8:44 AM

Louisville gets in over the loser of Michigan Ohio state , they've simply looked better. That being said, they must beat Houston.

Louisville has looked better than who? Ohio State?

Oct 4, 2016, 8:45 AM

I don't think there's a team in the country that has looked as good as Ohio State, much less looked better.

Re: Louisville has looked better than who? Ohio State?

Oct 4, 2016, 8:48 AM

Who has Ohio State beaten? Honestly haven't seen them play, but I find myself asking this question every year because they play nobody

Well they won by 21 points at Oklahoma, are they a nobody?

Oct 4, 2016, 8:54 AM

If they get to the Michigan game undefeated they will have won at Wisconsin. Do we have 2 road games that tough? As of right now I don't think wins at Auburn and at FSU are as tough as Oklahoma and Wisconsin.

Re: Louisville has looked better than who? Ohio State?

Oct 4, 2016, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Louisville has looked better than who? Ohio State? ]

Didn't get in last year with 1 loss because of their sorry schedule

Oct 4, 2016, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson vs Louisville in the Natty would be Ratings Gold ]

I don't think so. I think if Michigan or Ohio State has 1 loss they would be slightly ahead of Louisville just because of branding. OSU and Michigan have 10 times as many fans as Louisville.

Depends who else is there, if Bama and OSU go undefeated

Oct 4, 2016, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: We Could End Up Playing Louisville For The Natty ]

they will be 1 and 2.

Oct 4, 2016, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: We Could End Up Playing Louisville For The Natty ]

in other words .... They will not allow CU or Loseville to play the elephants in the semi!

1 Alabama vs OSU or Mich

2 CU vs Loserville or WU

not sure Bama wins out!

I have a hard time seeing Ohio State as #3. They are

Oct 4, 2016, 8:25 AM

probably either going to get knocked out of the playoff entirely or they are going to win out and be the #1 or #2 seed. At OU, at Wisconsin, at Michigan St, vs Michigan is a really nice schedule, especially if they continue to murder everyone. That's stronger than Bama's schedule of USC (neutral site), Ole Miss, at Tenn, vs A&M, and it's stronger than ours too.

Yep, with that schedule down the stretch, they will be #1 if

Oct 4, 2016, 9:04 AM

they win out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good OP - Great Discussion...

Oct 4, 2016, 8:34 AM

...face it, this is what following the sport is ALL about!

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU COULD BE RIGHT!! The joy is in watching the games and letting the teams 'decide it on the field'!

And as Dabo says: "All we gotta do is keep winning".

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

I doubt it would happen.

Oct 4, 2016, 8:53 AM

The committee members have specifically said that they give priority to conference champions.

I truly believe that champions of the Power 5 conferences deserve to be in the playoffs more than any other teams. If for any reason two of the Power 5 champions don't deserve to go, champions among the Group of 5 should be considered next.

Personally, I think it'd be very very very rare that we'll ever find two teams from the same conference go into the playoffs, even if there are champions with 2 losses.

Media just like to sell stories readers like to read. And now people and Louisville fans just want to hear that they still have a chance. Well, they still do, but it's a long long long long shot.

Playing Louisville For The Natty--Only with 8 Teams

Oct 4, 2016, 8:55 AM

I cannot for the life of me understand why the powers that be REFUSE to be logical and only put FOUR teams in the playoffs?! Simply idiotic when there are 68 teams in the NCAA basketball tournament and 64 teams in the NCAA baseball tournament. It would take TWO more bowls agreeing to it, and ONE more week. The FCS may still include 16 teams in their playoffs, and have done it that way for many years. The only reasonable explanation is that the guys making such decisions are jocks for the most part and not all that bright!

Oct 4, 2016, 9:09 AM

Patrino might be leaving Louisville by then. I am hearing his name bantered around for
one of the likely head coaching vacancies... LSU, Texas, USC, Oregon, Auburn

I think he stays put.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic