Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching this gameday from NYC reminds me of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,493

Watching this gameday from NYC reminds me of

Sep 23, 2017, 10:41 AM

last New Year's Eve. I went with my wife to eat and the plan was to eat out at a place that had nice TVs so while eating, take in the Bama game over her shoulder or even our game itself if it started before we left. Then go home and watch the rest at home, and attend a party at the neighbor's house after our game. You see that way she would feel like I took her out for new year's, but at the same time I had the games. Maybe she wouldn't notice, LOL. Well, we got to the place, and it is a nice restaurant and bar, not a run of the mill sports bar, I noticed something I wasn't expecting.. As we were waiting to be seated, all of these Ohio State fans came pouring in. They go right by because they are all part of the Ohio State alum and fan party that is about to occupy the whole place for the Clemson game. In Atlanta, it is like NYC in that different alum and teams gather in certain bars. The whole place will be filled with people from that team. I think Clemson's is in Taco Hills, but that's beside the point.

So all of these Buckeye fans are just pouring in off the street and that place is filling up as they watch Bama-Washington and get ready for their game with Clemson. So we're ito be seated and I say, wow, this is not the place I need to be. We have to go to another restaurant and we have to go now before they come to seat us. So we did go to another place, but later that night I was thinking it sure have been a lot of fun to have stayed with the OSU crowd for that beat down. But I didn't have a crystal ball and I wasn't going to take a chance on being completely surrounded by the enemy if it turned out the other way.

Just seeing all of the se different fans at different bars reminds me of how it is in Atlanta also.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watching this gameday from NYC reminds me of

Sep 23, 2017, 10:44 AM

lol atlanta, is that even a city?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2017, 10:55 AM

Yes if you don't give a damm what city you're in lol I didn't know the ATL had food worth eating

Sep 23, 2017, 11:30 AM

I lived there for 6 years. never saw it as much of a city

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you live in town? I live inside the perimeter in

Sep 23, 2017, 11:44 AM

the part of midtown near Georgia Tech, inside the beltline. To me, it does feel like a city, but certainly not a NYC, Chicago etc.

I actually liven in Los Angeles for a year myself and really liked it, but Atlanta feels more like a city to me than Los Angeles.

Atlanta has a great restaurant scene.

Sep 23, 2017, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Watching this gameday from NYC reminds me of ]

Have you even been to Atlanta?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Funny, reminds me of my friend from Los Angeles. He got

Sep 23, 2017, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Watching this gameday from NYC reminds me of ]

ticked off at a restaurant one time and loudly told the manager that he was "from Los Angeles and Atlanta is a small town." The rest of us at the table were kind of embarrassed.

Down here in Naples, it's Big Ten South. They have an Ohio

Sep 23, 2017, 11:11 AM

State bar, a Michigan bar, Wisconsin, etc. Plus, bars for UF and FSU, of course.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm wishing the best for all of you down in Florida***

Sep 23, 2017, 11:14 AM

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,493
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic