Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching old games on YouTube to get my Football fix
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Watching old games on YouTube to get my Football fix

Jul 13, 2020, 10:21 AM

Anyone else doing this?

So far I've watched the 2003 FSU Game, 2003/04 Peach Bowl, 2004 Miami Game, 2005 USuCk Game. It's fun watching these with 15 years+ of perspective.

E.g., we didn't know it in 2003 but that was the beginning of the end for Bobby's FSU Dynasty--that was the last season he won 10 or more games.

Also, was the downswing of Miami's run but it sure felt like beating Bama back then. Miami was only 3 seasons removed from a Natty and arguably the greatest team of all time and 2 seasons removed from almost winning another. That was their first year in the ACC and they had lost as #4 to an unranked UNC team the week before and came in still in the top 10.

It was still a pretty loaded U squad with Frank Gore, Roscoe Parish, Devin Hester, Sinorice Moss, Brandon Meriweather, Antrel Rolle, Jon Beason, Greg Olsen (although he didn't play).

Obviously he should've stuck around one more season but hard to believe watching those 03-04 teams that Derrick Hamilton didn't have a better pro career.

Worried I'm going to get up through the 2019 Season before we get any live football...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup. Finished 89 gator bowl vs. wvu this morning. That '89

Jul 13, 2020, 10:57 AM

team was something else!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic