Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watched the Duke/UVA 25-minute game on my bike this AM...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,484

Watched the Duke/UVA 25-minute game on my bike this AM...

Sep 28, 2020, 5:08 PM

...and I came away not terribly concerned about UVA.

The scoreline of that game covers up the fact that Duke was up 20-17 and outplaying UVA through three quarters...the Blue Devils turned the ball over seven times including a boatload in the fourth and gifted the Hoos the game.

The Hoos are big. Bronco Mendenhall has put together a team that's rugged and physical up front, they actually look more like a B1G team than a Southern one. They've got a pretty good RB in Wayne Taulapapa and he'll fight you; you've got to really work to get him on the ground. But their receivers aren't overly explosive - though freshman Lavel Davis has some size and and Billy Kemp is a poor man's Hunter Renfrow - and nobody's going to confuse their new QB Brennan Armstrong with Bryce Perkins. Armstrong's okay athletically and a willing runner but he's a mediocre-at-best passer.

Defensively, again, they're big up front but their back seven didn't look overly athletic, though they do have some big corners...again, Mendenhall obviously likes a big, physical team more than a really fast one. They particularly struggled against Duke's TE's, which I'm sure Tony Elliott and Braden Galloway noticed as well.

I dunno if we cover that 28.5 or whatever that enormous number is - again, Clemson in September - but UVA has athletic matchup nightmares all over the place. I very much doubt it's close.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thx Q for your usual solid game analysis..

Sep 28, 2020, 5:30 PM

and TU for posting it on correct board since the Political board seems to be another hobby of yours!

Go TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thx Q for your usual solid game analysis..

Sep 28, 2020, 5:33 PM

Priorities, Bill.

Football is, well...football. That's a worthy endeavor. Politics is just a bad vice.

I TU this & then I realized you meant politics was a bad

Sep 28, 2020, 5:50 PM

vice for YOU.

Politics SHOULD BE a bad vice for everyone - that no one even THINKS about picking up . . . . they are all lying, self-serving, wanna-be's that couldn't cut it doing anything else.

Put THEM on the same system of taxes & health care and retirement provision that we all have and I guarantee you things would be WAY different.

Ehhhhh - - - I'd still TU your post anyway - I like your stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

You watched on your bike?...

Sep 28, 2020, 6:09 PM

Pelaton?....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You watched on your bike?...

Sep 28, 2020, 6:18 PM

Nah. Just a regular exercise bike. I don't need some Amazon in spandex who looks like she was chiseled out of a Greek hero sculpture telling me I'm dogging it...it's like, I know I'm dogging it, lady, that's why I'm on the bike. So Xena, go run a marathon while doing curls with 40-pound dumbbells or something.

Football film doesn't make me feel bad inside.

Re: Watched the Duke/UVA 25-minute game on my bike this AM...

Sep 28, 2020, 10:20 PM

My wish list...

1. Win on the scoreboard.

2. Win the turnover battle.

3. No one gets banged up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,484
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic