Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watched some film of Syracuse @ Maryland
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Watched some film of Syracuse @ Maryland

Sep 11, 2019, 3:00 PM

And we are going to run. All. Over. Them.

Maryland ran for 354 and it's REAL easy to see why. The Orange can't tackle. They simply can't tackle. So this will be another game where people say "why is Trevor Lawrence is struggling" after we win by 35 points and Etienne has rushed for another 200. Trevor may not get to 200 yards passing because he won't need to.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watched some film of Syracuse @ Maryland

Sep 11, 2019, 3:36 PM

I need to study more of that game but there was two take-away I saw from from my first distracted background viewing.

1. MD had a few big plays where the backs were not touched (or barely) running through holes the size of the ignorance in Columbia. You had missed assignments, etc. It wasn't bad tackling, it was a lot more serious than that.
2. A lot of those missed tackles were missed from bad angles and bad positioning... again, #1
3. Tackling tends to be worse early in the season - just basics of how practice is done nowadays. Still, this D was not prepared.
4. 2012 Orange Bowl. Uggg, the Cuse turned the ball over to a hot offense that makes the rout worse. You can't give a hot Off the ball with 20-30 yards to go. That is when it when from a 7pt game to a 21 point game. That is just how a game get out of hand....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 3:40 PM

A FEW big plays?? They had 9 TDs on 18 First downs!

Sep 11, 2019, 3:46 PM

Not a few big plays: a few of the many big plays lack any contact. The benedict twerps were not *touched*! That isn't bad tackling.... they did not even have a Cuse defender in the vicinity.

Sep 11, 2019, 4:54 PM

I have not seen the game. Are the 'Cuse defenders slow, or were they simply badly poisitioned?

Sep 11, 2019, 7:15 PM

Their just not very good on either side of the ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic