Topic: Watched some film of Syracuse @ Maryland
Replies: 5   Last Post: Sep 11, 2019 7:15 PM by: BloodbeOrange®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

Watched some film of Syracuse @ Maryland

[4]
Posted: Sep 11, 2019 3:00 PM

And we are going to run. All. Over. Them.

Maryland ran for 354 and it's REAL easy to see why. The Orange can't tackle. They simply can't tackle. So this will be another game where people say "why is Trevor Lawrence is struggling" after we win by 35 points and Etienne has rushed for another 200. Trevor may not get to 200 yards passing because he won't need to.

2019 white level member

Re: Watched some film of Syracuse @ Maryland

[1]
Posted: Sep 11, 2019 3:36 PM

I need to study more of that game but there was two take-away I saw from from my first distracted background viewing.

1. MD had a few big plays where the backs were not touched (or barely) running through holes the size of the ignorance in Columbia. You had missed assignments, etc. It wasn't bad tackling, it was a lot more serious than that.
2. A lot of those missed tackles were missed from bad angles and bad positioning... again, #1
3. Tackling tends to be worse early in the season - just basics of how practice is done nowadays. Still, this D was not prepared.
4. 2012 Orange Bowl. Uggg, the Cuse turned the ball over to a hot offense that makes the rout worse. You can't give a hot Off the ball with 20-30 yards to go. That is when it when from a 7pt game to a 21 point game. That is just how a game get out of hand....

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 3:40 PM

A FEW big plays?? They had 9 TDs on 18 First downs!

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 3:46 PM

Not a few big plays: a few of the many big plays lack any contact. The benedict twerps were not *touched*! That isn't bad tackling.... they did not even have a Cuse defender in the vicinity.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 4:54 PM

I have not seen the game. Are the 'Cuse defenders slow, or were they simply badly poisitioned?

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 7:15 PM

Their just not very good on either side of the ball.

2019 white level member

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: North Carolina
FOR SALE: (8) Lower Level tickets for UNC...$225 each. Email if interested. Go Tigers!!

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1456 people have read this post