Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was posted last night that Coots All-Time winning record is actually a LOSING record..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,948

Was posted last night that Coots All-Time winning record is actually a LOSING record..

Sep 28, 2020, 5:53 PM

of: 49.25% wins (per Wiki)! Oh, VOLs say hellO!

Unreal & to think they spent $995,000 (guess they came short $5000) on a huge metal sculpture of a Bird to sing praises of that feat!

I am so glad I’m a Clemson Tiger!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was posted last night that Coots All-Time winning record is actually a LOSING record..

Sep 28, 2020, 5:56 PM

Winsipedia has them at 0.510, not that that's anything to brag about obviously.

http://www.winsipedia.com/south-carolina

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

^ Stand corrected

Sep 28, 2020, 6:00 PM

two posters said 49.xx% but 51% is still shameful for a big-time & long-time established football program..

and can you imagine what it’d been without 5 or more years of Spurrier-led Teams kicking buttt for a change!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach Boom Champ himself is right at 0.500, so next week he

Sep 28, 2020, 6:11 PM

will be an all-time loser at the U of SuCk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

If you just count wins vs overall games played

Sep 28, 2020, 6:26 PM [ in reply to ^ Stand corrected ]

they have won less than 1/2 the games they have played. LOUser had them below .500 all-time but those 3 11-2 years really helped them out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was posted last night that Coots All-Time winning record is actually a LOSING record..

Sep 28, 2020, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Was posted last night that Coots All-Time winning record is actually a LOSING record.. ]

Of that 0.510 winning record, should not that 0.010 winning record component be worthy of a trophy? The trophy would be their first and it would give more meaning to their recently installed "Golden Rooster".

I would highly suggest they do this immediately because with nine more games yet to be played this year, I can see only one win. Eight more losses may put them back to a 0.500 winning record or even lower.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2020, 6:33 PM

Imagine what it would be like if Spurrier had never been hired?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That probably contains games like their 21-point loss win

Sep 28, 2020, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Was posted last night that Coots All-Time winning record is actually a LOSING record.. ]

against us.

Re: That probably contains games like their 21-point loss win

Sep 28, 2020, 8:12 PM

How 'bout that great and inimitable record of Lou Holtz, O-11?

the additional $5k must have been for the spurs.***

Sep 28, 2020, 9:26 PM

sold out.

Sep 28, 2020, 9:47 PM

Jacksonville State got the last pair.

Re: sold out.

Sep 28, 2020, 11:38 PM

They forfeited 4 wins in 1965 along with the ACC Championship which weren't counted on Winspedia! May have had some other forfeits too.

Message was edited by: djones73®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,948
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic