Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Want further proof that NC State puts everything into their
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,585

Want further proof that NC State puts everything into their

Nov 20, 2017, 2:05 PM

game with us? They put everything into trying to beat us, make us their Superbowl,....only to suffer a huge letdown after the loss, and can't get up for the next several week's games.

Case in point....

2017, NC State beats BC by just 3 with a mid/late 4th quarter score. Then, they lose to Wake. Thank god for them, UNC is terrible,...though that's not a given now.

2016, after loss to us, they lose 4 of the next 5 and in the process get blown out by Louisville (next week), then lost to BC & FSU the following weeks.

2015, Lost 3 of next 5 after lost to Clemson

2014, lost 4 of the next 5, after lost to Clemson

2013, Was 2-0 going into Clemson game. finished the season 3-9

Every season a Dave Doeren coached NC state team has played us, they finish the season with a worse winning %(and in come cases a losing record) after the game with us, than what they came into the game with.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Want further proof that NC State puts everything into their

Nov 20, 2017, 2:34 PM

While you’re right that they give their all in this game, their record post clemson has nothing to do with Clemson. NC State simply doesn’t have good depth on their roster so they have a huge drop off mid season once injuries take place. NC Star is not a good football team. They have some good players up front and that’s about it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BS. I'm not buying that....

Nov 20, 2017, 3:10 PM

1) Injuries happen to everyone, it's not exclusive to NC State.

2) They played us early, mid and late, all with the same results the last 5 year.

In a way I agree with you though. The Post Clemson game records are not about Clemson. It's about the Coaches inability to get his teams ready after the circle the Clemson game on the calendar each year.

The reality/facts are, they simply do not perform as well after playing us, as they do before us. It's not even debatable. Each year they collapse after their game with us. None worse than Louisville last year, the week after. They didn't even travel to Kentucky, much less get off the bus.

Dave Doeren is a good coach, but not a great coach. I'd liken him to Tommy Bowden. His teams are up & down. In this case, they empty the tank for us, and nothing is left for anyone else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Want further proof that NC State puts everything into their

Nov 20, 2017, 3:14 PM

I just told a co-worker at lunch this very same thing. NC St, along with L-ville just can't get their act together after losing to Clemson. Its like they completely quit if they don't win that game. Remember the trainwreck that L-ville was after the shootout with Clemson last year?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. It's one of the same problems we had before Dabo

Nov 20, 2017, 3:15 PM

They didn't focus everything they had onto the game of that week, and only that game.

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,585
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic