Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Walt ripping Zion now for being over-rated
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,103

Walt ripping Zion now for being over-rated

Jan 22, 2018, 3:13 PM

??????

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Walt ripping Zion now for being over-rated

Jan 22, 2018, 3:15 PM

He is

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Walt is over-rated.***

Jan 22, 2018, 3:17 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

He will never admit when he is wrong.

Jan 22, 2018, 3:19 PM

His style of radio is antagonistic and fun to listen to, but he can be quite a buffoon.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2018, 3:21 PM

Said he didn't want to effect the recruiting effort for Zion. He is saying if you read between the lines, he's always said he's overrated. Imagine that LOL.

He does seem to me to be overrated.

Jan 22, 2018, 3:38 PM

I guess time will tell.

Call him over-rated if you want....

Jan 22, 2018, 3:47 PM

But he would have been, by far, the most highly rated basketball recruit to come to Clemson.

Whether he produces or not are unknown.

However, landing Zion could have been the one recruit that really opened the door for other very highly rated recruits to commit to Clemson in the future.

At some point, we need to start getting some highly rated prospects, especially if we're going to change the culture and become a consistent top 10-25 team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See that was what I was thinking too, you can't expect a

Jan 22, 2018, 3:59 PM

freshman to do it all and we really wouldn't need him to. But recruiting is what we historically struggle with at Clemson in BBALL. This would be the first guy ever that everyone wanted that we would have gotten. Even though it would be short lived and probably wouldn't end up being as dominate of a player that the irrational fan would expect.

Rationally I would have expected a double double type player. 12pts, 10 rebs a night and with what we had coming back i think it would have helped our down low presence and given our outside shooters more confidence in taking shots. We would be an improved rebounding team with him and with the players that would be back i think we would be poised for our best run that we've had since the Merl Code days.

So a more complete low presence and a heightened recruiting notoriety would have been a great bump. Any of ya'll that would expect him to be moses malone would be the irrational crowd. I mean the kid cant shoot. He would get results though, would have sure liked to have seen him try in an orange jersey. But he's a ball player and he would improve as the year progressed.

to be honest

Jan 22, 2018, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Call him over-rated if you want.... ]

I've never seen him play, just his highlight reel. and all I saw was some monster dunks, which is cool, but how about rebounding, defense, free throw shooting, or mid range to long range shooting? I'm assuming since he was #2 overall he would be good at them. but in those videos I saw him go up against some very small and unathletic kids. but like I said, I guess he was #2 for a reason

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Call him over-rated if you want....

Jan 22, 2018, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Call him over-rated if you want.... ]

Landing that one or two elite players has been what has held us back for years and years in BB. Like Dabo was able to get a few great players for Clemson's FB program is the very reason we are where we're at in FB ranking right now. Without Dabo landing at Clemson when he did and how he did, I believe our FB program wouldn't be a threat of winning a NCG as we have the past 4-5 years!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2018, 4:06 PM

Is there a rating system for hack radio hosts ?

Asking for a friend in Cola who does Ponzi and likes to cycle .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 22, 2018, 4:07 PM

I actually agree with Walt. The crux of his argument is that he thought Clemson would revert to a year like last year with Blossomgame where he was the entire focus of the team. He thought we will be a much better team without him. It is pretty obvious that Zion is just biding time for the NBA. Walt contends that he does not have a position in the NBA where he will be playing against other players that are just as athletic as he is and at 6'6" so there is just not a natural place for him.

Walt did say that he hopes Zion proves him wrong .... me too as he seems like a very nice young man. It would be nice if he spent four years at Duke and got a degree.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I expect to see GWPcoot follow suit soon...

Jan 22, 2018, 4:09 PM

because I think GWP's just a follower like always and she'll end up trolling because other people are trolling..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I expect to see GWPcoot follow suit soon...

Jan 22, 2018, 4:10 PM

really great

point

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

He may be. I've never been convinced that he was a

Jan 22, 2018, 1:39 PM

one-and-done caliber player, or even that he will be an immediate superstar at the D1 college level. I think he will be a good one, but I can see him having some growing pains adjusting to the big-time competition. Also, I would think a 6'6" player would have to have an effective perimeter game, particularly in the NBA. Zion may have it, but nobody's seen it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

He IS over-rated

Jan 22, 2018, 5:02 PM

No outside game, he's over-weight, lousy cook, terrible taste in music (loves Elton John), and he drives a 1975 AMC Pacer ... yeah, a real hot rod there !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good***

Jan 22, 2018, 5:11 PM

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,103
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic