Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WOW. Alabama is 113th in passes attempted in 2017 but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

WOW. Alabama is 113th in passes attempted in 2017 but

Jan 1, 2018, 12:03 AM

they are 49th in sacks given up. So, even though they don't pass much, they get sacked a pretty good bit. I said the other day, #73 can't handle #99.....If we stop their running game, and put it on Hurts, I don't see how they can win....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WOW. Alabama is 113th in passes attempted in 2017 but

Jan 1, 2018, 12:19 AM

Their oline is not good with pass block efficiency. They have only 2 guys above the 70th percentile in pass blocking, we have 4. Pollard comes in at the 44 percentile, but bama's RT Womack grades in the 15th.

Re: WOW. Alabama is 113th in passes attempted in 2017 but

Jan 1, 2018, 12:22 AM

Both Bama guards are in the bottom half as well. Dex may not have room for any beignets after he eats Jalen Hurts whole.

Yep, based on these comments, we should win. But what were

Jan 1, 2018, 12:26 AM

the stats for lowly Syracuse?? Sometimes certain stats go out the window. To win we have to have our best effort tonight!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very true. But we did not get off the bus in Syracuse ..for

Jan 1, 2018, 5:35 AM

whatever reason...

They are 99th in adjusted sack rate

Jan 1, 2018, 12:30 AM

I'm not sure what the "adjustment" is exactly, but sack rate is basically just what % of the time you get sacked on drop backs. Bama has not protected Hurts well this year.

We haven't been great in that category either (74th). Bryant might be a better pure athlete, but Watson got sacked a lot less. He was elusive and had great pocket awareness, something Bryant just doesn't have yet (and maybe never will.) We were 4th in the country last year and 5th in 2016 in adjusted sack rate with Watson at QB.

However, our defense is #1 in the country in adjusted sack rate and Bama's is just 50th this year. They still have the best run defense in the country, but their pass rush isn't what it was last year.

The advantage in pressuring the QB should clearly go to Clemson in this game. If it doesn't then we just got out-schemed by Saban and company.

This is great insight and I think a good use of statistics

Jan 1, 2018, 12:36 AM

to identify tendencies and weaknesses.

I will choose to disagree with the statement -- or your 'thought bubble' -- that he never will. One of the things this staff has been good at is looking at their own film in the offseason. They will look at every sack taken and identify what happened ... similar to how they looked at DW4's interceptions.

They'll coach him up for next year -- I don't think you see the same sack rate due to coaching.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

I said *maybe* never will. Not everyone is born with

Jan 1, 2018, 12:58 AM

the pocket presence of Deshaun Watson. Watson had that from day 1. Bryant doesn't have it right now and we will have to see if he can develop it. IMO Lamar Jackson has pretty bad pocket presence as well. He's just so #### quick and hard to tackle that he gets away with it most of the time.

By the time DW got to Clemson he had probably dropped back

Jan 1, 2018, 5:38 AM

over 15,000 times........nothing quite like reps for pocket awareness....

Re: They are 99th in adjusted sack rate

Jan 1, 2018, 12:59 AM [ in reply to They are 99th in adjusted sack rate ]

I'm curious to see how we start out offensively. I could see us using the pass to set up the run with BAMA loading up the box.

Our receivers have to beat press man coverage, and KB has to get them the ball. We can't have receivers get past their man & then have to wait for the ball.

I could see Cain, Higgins, or Ray Ray strike on a long TD. I know we'll stay with the run, and it would be great to Free Travis in the Dome for some long runs.

A balanced Clemson offense means we win by 10-14 imo.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is how I see it too...***

Jan 23, 2021, 1:19 PM

In life you can have all of your ducks in a row...

Jan 1, 2018, 1:09 AM

And crap still happens. If we do not turn the ball over, we will win. If we do, it’s a tossup.

Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic