Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WCCP Fight this morning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

WCCP Fight this morning

Oct 5, 2017, 9:19 AM

As I pulled into work Zack and Meeeeeecky were going at it over student tix. They were shouting and Zack said something about "you said we arent discussing this on air" and then Meeeeecky cut to break. I had to go in before they came back. Anybody hear anything?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WCCP Fight this morning

Oct 5, 2017, 9:44 AM

I heard that as well. I think over the break they decided to move on because it wasn't mentioned again for the next 45 minutes or so that I listened.

I wondered if

Oct 5, 2017, 9:47 AM

Zack would not be back after the break. That was the most heated thing I've ever heard between hosts on any radio show.

Re: I wondered if

Oct 5, 2017, 10:14 AM

Yea my guess is they decided they were not heading down a good path and had to move on. It was very intense.

very awkward***

Oct 5, 2017, 2:54 PM

Now that I might actually listen to

Oct 5, 2017, 10:13 AM

Especially if they get personal

Coot owner of WCCP if you're reading this: more on air fights!!!

#1 Fan of Clemson Athletic Marketing Team

Oct 5, 2017, 10:20 AM

Zach was being a jerk!!!
He probably should be fired or at least sent home a day or two.

Oct 5, 2017, 1:15 PM

Nope Zach was just telling the truth

Oct 5, 2017, 10:29 AM

I listened this morning before I had to get off. They were debating the student tix issue. They had opposite views but were gentlemanly. I turned it off about 0720. Did the fight occur after that?

Oct 5, 2017, 10:36 AM

I heard it going on at 8:25. It was over after the break right after then, and was definitely more heated.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2017, 10:42 AM

Interesting. Mickey said this morning that he was only going to "touch on this for a minute." Seems the topic went all day.

Mickey can't grasp how some people leave a game.

Zac can't grasp how students who bit ch about getting free tickets and don't stay for the game aren't in the wrong in some way.

Clemson needs to stop the pass outs.

Oct 5, 2017, 11:18 AM

They don't need to stop pass outs. You don't use the shotgun approach to fix a problem with some. Geesh!!

^^THIS^^ I found myself disagreeing with both of them.***

Oct 5, 2017, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: WCCP Fight this morning ]

around 7:40 it got HEATED

Oct 5, 2017, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: WCCP Fight this morning ]

They were yelling over each other. Zack started alluding to things Mickey had said off air...and then Mickey just quickly cut to break. I wondered if they were headed to the parking lot to settle it.
The last time I heard anything like that was when Deptula invited a Tnetter down to the station to have a fist fight.

im not a fan of Mickey

Oct 5, 2017, 11:58 AM

But I can understand how he got so angry at Zach. Zach's style of argument can really get under your skin. sometimes I cut it off when he starts arguing for something I disagree with because he uses sarcasm and mocking a lot.

Oct 6, 2017, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: WCCP Fight this morning ]

I heard it around 7:45 maybe? Zach basically started this crazy rant about how Mickey thought he was too good for the upper deck despite Mickey having done more games upper than lower and was kinda losing it because they'd been talking about student attendance for 45 minutes.

When I was listening with the kids in the car on the way to school I turned it off because it was clearly derailing. Something clearly set Zack off but the rant was not based in reality.

Bottom line on the student ticket thing: what has been in place for the last 20 years has been working and no student who invests the time all week to camp for tickets is going to leave early. The change from student government this year was a failure and needs to be reverted immediately.

If it happens again, the school is going to get a lot of letters from alumni and it will be taken out of student government hands.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Attended the 100th Clemson vs. USC game on a broken ankle from 8 hours earlier. Got a recliner in the endzone for the 100th game...it was worth it. Story in Profile.

Oct 5, 2017, 10:38 AM

Zach came off as a spoiled brat. So it was authentic.

Oct 5, 2017, 10:40 AM

Sounded like a typical Jersey snowflake.

Seems like that applies to our current student body :-/***

Oct 5, 2017, 10:42 AM

If I was Mick, Zack woulda been gone long ago. Spitting his

Oct 5, 2017, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: WCCP Fight this morning ]

Teeth

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Oct 5, 2017, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: WCCP Fight this morning ]

Well that would make both spoiled brats. Mickey sits in the 50 lower. Wonder how he got those seats

Tiger Brotherhood***

Oct 5, 2017, 1:20 PM

SiriusXM owes WCCP money

Oct 5, 2017, 11:39 AM

Because of their bad programming I listen to Sirius. Mark Packer's show is great radio! It is bad that the best Clemson show I hear is from Sirius since Packer is from Clemson.

Empty seats look BAD

Oct 5, 2017, 11:41 AM

The empty seats and the empty hill look BADDDDDDD on TV and do not help the image. I am always in the stadium but imagine it raises the eyebrow when seen on TV. Doubt you would see that at Alabama, Camp Randall, etc. Time for Admin to say students need to pay to get a seat and sell the leftovers to the general public, IPTAY first, so as to keep opponents from buying in student area or the hill. We need to protect the hill as an icon and the current students are not doing anything to help that. I bet a lot of top deck IPTAY folks would buy hill tickets given the chance. I would do so for my kids! I really think this thing has gotten to the point that the Admin has to act. This is embarrassing for the program and for Dabo when he tries to sell a recruit on the support he will see from his fellow students. May be a minor point but with some recruits it might make a difference and it will surely eventually be a topic for the pundits to point to as yet another reason Clemson is not legit in the top echelon. Having said that, the future additions to the stadium, which I predict will happen, will deal with some of this issue. I expect a couple of towers with a beer garden and a kids area. That will give the students a place to hang out and maybe make more want to actually get a ticket. This needs to be coupled with eliminating passouts. We need to make the 3rd quarter great again. Just my 2 cents worth.

"Make the 3rd Qtr Great AGAIN!" hats... that'll

Oct 5, 2017, 11:49 AM

solve everything

I've got China on the phone now. How many

Oct 6, 2017, 8:19 AM

should we order?

Does anyone think the admin would ever

Oct 5, 2017, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Empty seats look BAD ]

build in seating where the hill is? Of course they would leave the pathway in the middle for the team to still run down.

Not saying I would like it (not that that matters). Just a thought.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic