Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Very nice win today, Tigers!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Very nice win today, Tigers!

Jan 4, 2020, 2:54 PM

Proud of our team for playing such disciplined and inspired basketball, especially after some tough breaks so far this year. I really like this team’s grit.

Having Trapp back is big for us. He didn’t score much, but he takes a lot of the heat off of Dawes in terms of ball handling.

I still contend that we can be a good team this year once we are healthy and can build some continuity. Obviously a long way to go, but the win today was great to see!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Very nice win today, Tigers!

Jan 4, 2020, 3:01 PM

The Judge is back. So hope we keep winning, so you will keep posting..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed!***

Jan 4, 2020, 3:13 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any win Jan-March is a good win***

Jan 4, 2020, 4:08 PM

Jan 4, 2020, 4:14 PM

Yes it was! I was pleasantly surprised.

Took one of my grand sons to game. It was fun. Recommend it.***

Jan 4, 2020, 4:25 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2020, 5:10 PM

They played great today. Answered every Pack run with one of their own. Play that way next weekend and we have a chance to make history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Is this confusing to anyone else?

Jan 11, 2020, 9:52 PM

Probably why my pulse is low...

I'll unconfuse you.

Jan 12, 2020, 8:54 AM

This OP was following the NC St. game. Look at the date of the OP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I'm wondering, does "good team" mean we should expect

Jan 4, 2020, 5:14 PM

some sort of postseason?

That depends on how healthy we get and how consistently

Jan 4, 2020, 7:44 PM

we play.

It might be too late to expect a postseason tournament, but I'm still optimistic that we can get in the NIT. Again, that depends on getting healthy (we still don't have enough healthy scholarship players to go 5 on 5 in practice) and building some continuity.

This team is young. Aside from Simms, we haven't had any veterans to rely on. Everyone else is either a freshman, sophomore, or grad transfer - or hurt. It takes time to develop consistency with so many new faces, even with the Italy trip this past summer. Throw in injuries, and it's a recipe for a lot of growing pains. That's why I'm glad Trapp is back, even though he clearly isn't 100% physically or mentally.

Someone will probably downvote this post and say that I'm making excuses. Call it what you will, but it's our reality this year. I believe good times lie ahead.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: That depends on how healthy we get and how consistently

Jan 4, 2020, 7:51 PM

It’s a big deal for the psyche to do what they did today. They needed to believe they were the better team and today, they did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2020, 6:01 PM

I was so excited after that game. I thought jameson played the best I have seen all year. We showed a lot of poise and i hope we can keep the momentum going.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

curious why you "disappeared" when things weren't well

Jan 4, 2020, 7:46 PM

Re: curious why you "disappeared" when things weren't well

Jan 4, 2020, 7:53 PM

Really.? SMH.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice ball movement and getting some open looks today

Jan 4, 2020, 7:47 PM

Agreed.***

Jan 4, 2020, 7:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I hate it when you might possibly

Jan 4, 2020, 8:32 PM

be right.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then!***

Jan 4, 2020, 8:34 PM

It was a great win today. Glad to see our team

Jan 4, 2020, 10:08 PM

Handle adversity well and finish strong. Hopefully we can continue to grow and put up some Ws.

Would be awesome to finally get a win in chapel hill next game.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Jan 4, 2020, 11:00 PM

Great game today. The last 2 games are the best we have looked all season which is encouraging. Getting Trapp back was huge.

Excited for the rest of this season. I hope we stay healthy.

I still contend that this is the most talented roster we have had in the last 20 years. We are just young and banged up.

Barring transfers/injuries/Simms going pro, we are set up to have a really good team for the next couple years.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, and I think we will be even more talented next year.***

Jan 5, 2020, 4:58 PM

Jan 5, 2020, 9:53 AM

Uh - judge - you omitted the little fact that NCSU was missing their leading scorer and rebounder (Bryce). That is a huge omission. It's like you're bending the facts to make your case for CLEMSON BBall being all that great. While it's nice that CLEMSON took advantage of NCSU in their weakest moment, I sure as heck would not make a big deal out of it. You're grasping at straws in your moment of desperation. Just enjoy the TIGERS, but don't try to convince some of us that this is a good team.

Jan 5, 2020, 10:36 AM

You have to win the games you play, period. It doesn't matter whether the other team was full strength or missing key pieces, a W is a W. Man some posters can be so negative they cant even enjoy a win.

Jan 5, 2020, 1:14 PM

And some posters cannot understand the difference between negativity and realism. If you enjoy the game, then good for you. My time is more valuable than those posters.

Jan 5, 2020, 2:16 PM

So, because the Woofies were missing their #1 guy, it cannot be considered a real win?

I'm sorry, when did you ever make excuses for our team when our guys were hurt? Maybe we should give the Woofies a pass from playing us until their #1 guy returns, and then play them twice.

Furthermore, this Woofie team returned 5 of their 6 top scorers from last year's team, which certainly can't be said of our Tigers. So if #1 is out, they still have 4 more who tried to pick up the slack but our Tigers stopped them.

Or do you think we just got lucky, and the Tigers didn't demonstrate any skill, talent, effort, teamwork, coaching or grit in beating a team missing 1 player? This is not middle school. They still had a bench full of scholarship players.

Get outta here with your pathetic "higher standards". I'm sure the Woofies need consoling at having lost to such a pathetic team. Why don't you go to their board? Stop wasting time here among posters who are not valuable to you.

Jan 12, 2020, 8:50 AM

I guess this one will have an * beside it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a nice win regardless.

Jan 5, 2020, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Very nice win today, Tigers! ]

But since you seem to be a stickler for details, then I’m sure you are equally upset that I omitted the fact that we had SEVERAL injuries, extensive enough that we haven’t even had enough scholarship players to go 5 on 5 in practice since early November.

Every team we’ve played since then has taken advantage of our deficiencies, so I hope you’ve made sure that is front and center in your mind when we haven’t played as well at times.

I’m not grasping at straws, and I’m not desperate. You see, I don’t come to TigerNet to get permission from people to support our program. I also don’t require approval for my opinions. I’m confident in our coach and the direction of our program. I certainly hope people here can see that some good things are happening, but I’m not going to lose sleep if they don’t.

Jan 5, 2020, 10:13 AM

You can't get the second conference win without the first. Hopefully I can see more of Judge's post in the coming couple of months.

I love the optimism and positivity from Judge

Jan 6, 2020, 8:29 AM

every time he posts.

Jan 11, 2020, 9:38 PM

Bump

Jan 11, 2020, 9:47 PM

A win against a bad team. Down nine with two minutes to go. Brownell will never leave now. We are doomed. I expect a lifetime contract extension tomorrow.

Jan 11, 2020, 9:57 PM

Spoken like a true coot.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic