Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
VT Josh Jackson Quote - Not thinking about our D Line
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

VT Josh Jackson Quote - Not thinking about our D Line

Sep 27, 2017, 10:05 AM

“I really can’t think of them having a great D-line or anything like that because that could then affect my play. I’m just going to play like I always play. They definitely have a great defensive line, but I can’t really think about it.”

“I know they have a great defensive coordinator, they have a great defensive line and coverage wise they run just about everything. I’ve been watching them all weekend and they can run a lot of stuff because they have a lot of great athletes. They’re a great defense, so we’re just going to have a great weekend of practice to get ready to play them.”

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:VT Josh Jackson-Not thinking about our D Line- my feeling

Sep 27, 2017, 10:07 AM

is that he will feel them whether he thinks about them or not

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dont blame him. I wouldnt think about them now either

Sep 27, 2017, 10:15 AM

Saturday, under center, looking at an NFL starting front a few feet away, different story.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: VT Josh Jackson Quote - Not thinking about our D Line

Sep 27, 2017, 10:10 AM

Yup, he's definitely thinking about it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2017, 10:15 AM

If you mention three times that you are not thinking about them, you ARE thinking about them!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2017, 10:33 AM

Why I posted his quote. We're in his head already.

Translation: "I'm thinking abou it."

Sep 27, 2017, 10:30 AM

"A LOT."

Sep 27, 2017, 10:57 AM

That which does not kill him will only make him stronger. (It will make the whole Tech program stronger to play such a powerful opponent.) No matter the difficulty or the outcome, he's going to be all the wiser for it. You will see him again in the future.

Sep 27, 2017, 11:19 AM

JJ is a coach's son and is definitely much more mature than other RS freshmen. From a decision making standpoint, he understands how to avoid making the dumb play. Whether he'll have much success on Saturday remains to be seen. I think his success will depend largely on the play calling. The best way to take a Dline out of the game is to keep them guessing with mis-direction, screens, three step drops. Whether we have the skill guys to execute this type of game plan is questionable, but not impossible.

Are you guys concerned at all about Bryant? I mean, he had a pretty bad game passing the ball against BC. In order for you all to win this thing going away, Bryant and the offense can't be one dimensional. And even with the lack of depth on our defense, Foster is always scheming up ways to make opposing offenses one dimensional to keep the team in the game. If Bryant can throw the ball at least effectively and avoid turnovers, I don't think we'll keep it close. Otherwise, I think our offense has enough tricks up their sleeve to make things interesting.

Yes, I'm concerned about our offense

Sep 27, 2017, 11:21 AM

I think all of your points are spot on. We just don't know how good VT is based on who you've played. We will be challenged, but I think Clemson is the deeper and more talented team.

Message was edited by: randystigers®

Re: Yes, I'm concerned about our offense

Sep 27, 2017, 12:11 PM

There's no question Clemson is deeper and more talented. To say the contrary indicates a lack of intelligence or simply being a VT homer.

To be honest, had the ACCCG not played out like it did last year, I would predict this game to be a comfortable Clemson victory (ie. 3 TD's or more). It could very well turn out to be a blowout anyway....but it was interesting how the game went last year.

We've had a tendency to let teams back in the game

Sep 27, 2017, 12:16 PM

That improved as the season went on, but it wasn't all that surprising. You guys certainly deserve a lot of the credit for playing a complete game and I wouldn't expect anything less this year. Last year's game changed when #6 O'Daniel was ejected for targeting. We were gassed at the end and I'm glad it never went to OT.

Sep 27, 2017, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: VT Josh Jackson Quote - Not thinking about our D Line ]

JJ is a very savvy young QB. All those passing yards, TD's and only 1 int?
He shows excellent decision making for such a young man.
Should be a great game. Go Tigers!

Sep 27, 2017, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: VT Josh Jackson Quote - Not thinking about our D Line ]

As far as Bryant, not really concerned. BC has a really good passing efficiency defense, and a poor running offense. Most of the play calling was catered to that...sorry screen throw attempts (which he can improve on), and a bunch of run schemes to wear down their defense, till we put in the guy at the end ask coaches have said even preseason was our best running RB. VT's defense is more balanced, so I expect we'll see a more balanced play calling approach with the play book more opened up in this game.

Sep 27, 2017, 12:17 PM

I'm not crazy about having to defend a mobile QB and a great RB. I hate to say it but Bud's track record against mobile QB's isn't the greatest. If we don't execute in defending the run, Bryant may not even need to pass the ball more than 15 to 18 times.

Something I'll be watching is whether Bud utilizes many blitz packages. Over the past four games, Bud hasn't blitzed near as much as we all thought he would. Against WVu, we just sat back and gave their QB all kinds of time. It was frustrating to be honest. Was he not blitzing because he didn't wanna have to sub? Was he holding back? (can't imagine he was given the importance of the game) Does he put a spy on Bryant? I'll be interested to see.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic