Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Us vs SEC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,202

Us vs SEC

Aug 17, 2018, 2:31 PM

Chicken folks always bring up their spin about, "If Taters had to play in the SEC.." yadda yadda yadda... ok. Last night I had a sudden realization thinking about the upcoming home-and-home series with LSU. As we have played Auburn a bunch last decade. starting up with their Owner TAM, last 3 years against the Tide and now LSU, who REALLY is dodging the REAL SEC? Yeah, I'm sure Dabo would have nightmares about facing Mizzou, UT, or lol.. future 5-peat Champs UK. So, after next year will Tigers also get a SEC West Champs Banner as well when they win the whole shebang?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Us vs SEC

Aug 17, 2018, 2:34 PM

Scar doesn't play any of the heavyweights of the SEC. They wouldn't know who to pull for if they did.

Also, just to let you know, the Scar lurkers are gonna jump in here and tell you about how they beat Bama 10 years ago

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2018, 2:37 PM

You are correct about that fluke win from 2010 or whatever year it was. They bring that up as much as they do about when they were "On top of the world" I always love that one. I always seem to forget what year SC won a national title. Or a BCS Bowl.. or even a conference championship.

Surely they don't bring up the past!

Aug 17, 2018, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Us vs SEC ]

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

the other side to that is....

Aug 17, 2018, 2:51 PM

that USuCk only loses to us out of the ACC and we lost to a team that didnt even win its conference last year. Flame away. Just pointing out the other side to this hypothetical argument.

I wish NC State would have beaten them but they never win when we need them too and yet year after year I have to hear how State is on the come up.

I prefer to stay out of the conference debate BS. It doesnt matter and is a never ending yapfest.

Screw NCState and their fans

Aug 17, 2018, 3:04 PM

Those crybabies were yelling 'Go #####' and 'I hope USC beats you' after their sad loss last year in Raleigh. Bunch of whiny babies post game. Just like their coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Screw NCState and their fans

Aug 17, 2018, 4:55 PM

Yeah, their WRs let SCar off the hook by dropping pass after pass, and letting 5-Head Jake get out of the pocket for big gains several times. Worst prepared I have ever seen a team to play those scrubs, and yet another example of why SC was purely smoke and mirrors last year.

Re: the other side to that is....

Aug 17, 2018, 5:13 PM [ in reply to the other side to that is.... ]

Let me know when the coots even up their series with Duke.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2018, 5:20 PM [ in reply to the other side to that is.... ]

I know the stat guy isn't so popular right now proving several people wrong on things...but, they only have a winning record against 4 ACC teams:
http://www.winsipedia.com/south-carolina

HEAD-TO-HEAD RECORDS

ACC 191-231-22

Virginia 21-12-1
Wake Forest 34-20-2
Virginia Tech 11-7-2
North Carolina State 28-26-4
Miami (FL) 6-8-2
Georgia Tech 9-12-0
Duke 17-24-3
Clemson 42-69-4
North Carolina 19-34-4
Pittsburgh 1-3-0
Florida State 3-16-0

Aug 17, 2018, 9:46 PM

Nice research Tigerman! +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2018, 9:57 PM

;). The fun part in it is when you start to look at the other conferences and realize they don't have a winning record against any of the Power 5 conferences. Closest is a tie with the PAC 12. Losing record against the rest.

Aug 17, 2018, 9:38 PM

The pathetic poultry always figures out a way to screw up the lEast even when they are supposed to be competitive. I have no idea why they are so lucky avoiding decent West teams. They whine about Clemson's schedule and they invariably have an easier one every year. Can't wait until they play Bama, Auburn or LSU again. It'll be hugely humiliating.

Aug 17, 2018, 10:07 PM

Its Simple, if you can't win your conference in like a thousand years you might want to go play where you are competitive.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,202
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic