Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Update for those that are interested...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 1

Update for those that are interested...

Jun 22, 2012, 12:03 PM

I haven't posted much lately for several reasons, and I probably won't post much after. A few weeks ago, I did something I haven't done in 7 years on her, and let idiots with personal attacks get to me and made a bet about leaving TNET. At the time, no one wanted any part of it. Now that Wilkins and Dabo issued public comments, some want to jump on it. I issued it, and I will honor it if needed. I'm on TNET too much anyway. ;)

That being said, my position has never changed. Timelines are often fluid, and recent legal pressures have slowed things and caused many people to stop talking.

1. Big 12 Expansion will happen. Key players right now are ND, FSU, and CU.

2. Keep an eye on ND. Reports are already surfacing in the media that ND is looking to move Olympic sports to Big 12. This could happen very soon.

3. Once ND announces they are going to the Big12 as a "partial", the lie that Swoffie has been telling ACC members is exposed, and things move. It's easier for "public" reasons to move when it's known that ND isn't coming to the ACC.

4. I don't think CU/FSU leaving is contingent on ND... however, ND moving even furthers the destruction of the ACC and its future (I have been saying that ND would move Olympic sports for a long time now)

5. The new playoff format just sealed the deal. This has been decided for a while. Things are quiet b/c both the ACC and some member schools have legal guns pointed at us.

6. I am not going to get into specific details, but things are going to start happening pretty quickly on the B12 side, beginning this weekend.

We'll see what happens, but I'm not going to post much and enter into attacks and nonsense as in the past. Believe me, don't, TD me, whatever... I don't care. Take it for what it's worth... and it's free.

I will say that if you are interested in following what's happening, Clemson247 has been all over this before anyone, and they have been excellent in their coverage.

Take care.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Thanks York.***

Jun 22, 2012, 12:12 PM

York I have always defended you and your reports, but

Jun 22, 2012, 12:15 PM

I think the attacks on you by other posters are three fold...

1. You insist you have inside sources that give you the information, but everything you post I have already read from Clemson247, Brian Ethridge, The DudeofWV, etc. This is not a criticism at all, but it seems that once one of those guys posts something the others immediately post the same information as if it came from their source. A lot of this is just the same information/rumor being repeated by multiple outlets, all coming from the same place.

2. Some posters fear change and attack the messenger of change.

3. Some posters are just ######.

Woah, woah woah on #3.

Jun 22, 2012, 12:19 PM

I'm a prick but I only attack blue caddy and the other coots so while all bad guys are ###### not all ###### are bad guys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As to #1..

Jun 22, 2012, 12:20 PM [ in reply to York I have always defended you and your reports, but ]

you are right...

a lot of info out there is the same... doesn't make it any less untrue...

and for the record, I have never said I have "inside sources".. EVER... no one can find that post.

Like I said, not getting into my contacts... but you are right... there is information out there.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I'm curious.

Jun 22, 2012, 12:28 PM

Does saying you know, *deeply connected people at OU and OSU* similar to saying you have inside sources? Me thinks so. What do you say?

Re: I'm curious.

Jun 22, 2012, 10:09 PM

Speaking of ######....

york?

Jun 22, 2012, 12:52 PM [ in reply to As to #1.. ]

Instead of only hitting the down thumb thing like a child, can you at least try to explain?

*deeply connected people at OU and OSU*

Not the same as *inside sources*? Really??

link the post I said that***

Jun 22, 2012, 12:52 PM

Before I go rummaging through your posts, are you denying

Jun 22, 2012, 12:56 PM

saying that you knew people at OU and OSU? I'm not interested in a silly game of semantics.

exact words....

Jun 22, 2012, 12:57 PM

"know people at OU and OSU"

your words:

"deeply connected"

That's what I thought - nothing but a semantics game.

Jun 22, 2012, 1:01 PM

Deeply connected, inside sources, whatever the heck you want to call it -- you definitely pretended like you had some.

Don't feed the troll.***

Jun 22, 2012, 4:18 PM [ in reply to exact words.... ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smokin' on your big fatty a little early today?***

Jun 22, 2012, 5:22 PM

Its not worth it. He always gets into this semantics crap

Jun 22, 2012, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Before I go rummaging through your posts, are you denying ]

Its ridiculous for him to act like he hasn't been implying that he has inside sources.

Exactly. Another reason why he's been rightfully criticized

Jun 22, 2012, 1:04 PM

But hey, he's merely a victim.

*I know people at OU and OKST*
- york_tiger

Why did anyone ever believe he had sources?? If you...

Jun 22, 2012, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Its not worth it. He always gets into this semantics crap ]

have sources that give you information like he is posting publically.....well, you lose that source so fast your head would spin.

Re: Before I go rummaging through your posts, are you denying

Jun 22, 2012, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Before I go rummaging through your posts, are you denying ]

You seem intensely interested in silly semantics. Moron.

Re: york?

Jun 22, 2012, 1:50 PM [ in reply to york? ]

lol someone with a 74% TD rate is complaining about TDs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 22, 2012, 7:48 PM

hi Matty/Stanley nice to see you managed to log on both of your accounts for this one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 22, 2012, 4:23 PM [ in reply to york? ]

Matty/Stanley calling someone a child for a TD??? Are you serious right now?

You have more TDs than all of tnet members combined.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i've defended yorkie, but this latest update is no where

Jun 22, 2012, 12:22 PM [ in reply to York I have always defended you and your reports, but ]

close to the initial 'clemson to big12' posted by merrick in very early may.

and no where close to what was being reported as clemson 11, fsu 12 because clemson was the ring leader in all this. "DONE DEAL".

nd was at best 13th[actually 12.5 because of their current contract] because thebig12 couldn't go back to the networks for more money at that number, now they are 10.5[again, nbc owns nd football until when?

this misinformation is what i believe causes frustration and there's been a lot of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we have no idea if it's misinformation or simply a changing

Jun 22, 2012, 12:27 PM

situation...when you're WAY on the outside as we are a situation could change and you could easily say what was reported before is now wrong. It is wrong but was it wrong when it was reported.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we have a very good idea that what was being reported

Jun 22, 2012, 12:35 PM

by yorkie as a done deal isn't a done deal.

h3ll, i linked a definition of 'done deal' in the forum a month ago for this very reason.

don't sell it as one when it's not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just said it's been done for a while***

Jun 22, 2012, 12:37 PM

Re: I just said it's been done for a while***

Jun 22, 2012, 12:44 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=12384595

'72 is massaging the very inaccuracies i've pointed out. apparently even a staunch supporter of yours can recognize those inaccuracies, changes, nuances...

you probably should also.

you are suggesting I have backtracked from a "done deal"

Jun 22, 2012, 12:49 PM

I'm not sure where I've done that...

done deal:

Jun 22, 2012, 12:58 PM

something that has already been decided and cannot be changed

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/done-deal

the story has changed over and over, you saying gswaim was reliable only to be proven wrong, the timeline has changed, the players have changed including, but not limited to numbers 13 and 14...gt, miami, louisville

there is nothing 'done' about the constant changes that have taken place with various reports and you might very well have a year away from the bored to figure that one out because of it.

how are you getting that?

Jun 22, 2012, 12:36 PM [ in reply to i've defended yorkie, but this latest update is no where ]

I said that if ND pulls from BE and puts Olympic sports in Big XII, it exposes Swoffie's attempt to keep ACC intact....

I didn't say they were 10.5. I just said it would be easier (publicly) to leave ACC.

I still firmly believe CU/FSU have always been 11 and 12.

no, you called swoffie a liar.***

Jun 22, 2012, 12:37 PM

He was being nice.***

Jun 22, 2012, 12:38 PM

and i'm being nice too.***

Jun 22, 2012, 12:39 PM

ND has been Swoffie's plan to keep ACC intact...

Jun 22, 2012, 12:38 PM [ in reply to no, you called swoffie a liar.*** ]

not happening...

even if they don't go B12

doesn't make him a liar.***

Technically, his negotiation of the TV contract makes him

Jun 22, 2012, 12:43 PM

a liar.

which has absolutely nothing to do with the point yorkie

Jun 22, 2012, 12:46 PM

was trying to make.

the point he was trying to make in the OP or in the sidebar

Jun 22, 2012, 12:54 PM

issue about Swoffie?

See what I did there?

?

Jun 22, 2012, 1:04 PM

the lie that Swoffie has been telling ACC members is exposed

if nd opts for the big12[if they join a conference at all], it doesn't make swofford a liar because nd didn't choose the acc.

reports out of clemson have the acc negotiating with nd as well, not just out of the acc conference camp.

Follow me on this. OP updates his Big 12 rumors.

Jun 22, 2012, 1:08 PM

Someone debates him and in answering the debate, York calls Swoffie a liar. You then take us down the side road that is your discussion about York's "liar" comment, completely away from the issue in the OP.

I did the same thing. YOu and York were debating Swoffie being a liar. I posted a commented strengething the "swoffie is a liar" argument.

See what I did there, now?

no.

Jun 22, 2012, 1:10 PM

i commented on york's op. you can run off in any tangent you like.

i even cnp'd it for you.

I stand corrected. You harped on 1 aspect in

Jun 22, 2012, 1:14 PM

1 point in a 6 point explaination.

At the end of the day, Swoffie is a liar. We can argue what lie we're talking about but he is a liar.

Re: York I have always defended you and your reports, but

Jun 22, 2012, 12:51 PM [ in reply to York I have always defended you and your reports, but ]

Some posters are just ######? 75% of them are ######!!!:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't go York. It's impossible to make any factual statement

Jun 22, 2012, 12:19 PM

on here and not get raked over the coals by someone. ( Not positive yours is factual yet but you get the point.) Some people on here just cannot stand to here the truth on a subject.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Truth... DO GO York... straight to .....Take Amanda with you***

Jun 22, 2012, 1:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LEAVE COOT! NO ONE LIKES YOU!***

Jun 22, 2012, 4:22 PM

Thx York***

Jun 22, 2012, 12:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have enjoyed reading your posts because I have kept

Jun 22, 2012, 12:20 PM

TNet in perspective---I enjoy it for entertainment purposes only. We're just discussing topics, not being the first to report!

Re: I have enjoyed reading your posts because I have kept

Jun 22, 2012, 1:01 PM

I think York gets blasted by some with the "shoot the messenger" mindset. Not just by the stay in the ACC loyalists, but also by the large group that got their hopes up about us moving to the Big 12. It's like we were told Santa's coming, Santa's coming, no wait, he's not. Many saw and still see the BIG 12 as a way to even the playing field $ wise and it's disappointing that we are not there yet.

I think beer should be sold at Football Games....

Jun 22, 2012, 12:36 PM

80k+ stadium x $5.00 (a beer) = 400,000 game beer revenue

$400000 x 7 home games = 2.8 MILLION dollars in beer revenue per year

Clearly, this added revenue blows away the need to go to the big 12 for the extra 3 mill.... plus fans will be glad

Caveat: of course not Everyone in the Stadium will buy a beer... given the archaic alcohol laws in this Country (have to be over 21, only China and Muslim Country's have more restrictive laws ... and of course, kids ...)

But the average beer drinker will drink an average of 3 at a game, thus my projection of revenue

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FINALLY, someone talking sense!

Thumbs up to you, good sir!

Also, my estimates are conservative....

Jun 22, 2012, 12:42 PM

Some beer vendor will win the concession, they pay big bucks for the concession !!! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why don't they sell beer at Football Games?

Jun 22, 2012, 4:56 PM [ in reply to FINALLY, someone talking sense! ]

After all, games I've been to the crowd looks mostly non-students, 21+.... Now, I know S.C. is a conservative State, but then again. did not Jesus drink wine? Did not Ben Franklin say "beer is proof that God truly loves us" ? Is not true that its been proven by medical research that MODERATE alcohol consumption is actually GOOD for you?

Now, I know some religous denominations think beer is evil... BUT, nowhere in the Bible does it say "Ye shall not drink"... that all came from the temperance movement in the late 19th century... oh, yeah... football ... GO TIGERS!

it would take a real beer lover to drink beer at the noon

Jun 22, 2012, 12:53 PM [ in reply to I think beer should be sold at Football Games.... ]

games since that's all we have at home!

Shoot, on gameday I'm into a 6-pack by 11:00

Jun 22, 2012, 12:54 PM

:)

Re: Shoot, on gameday I'm into a 6-pack by 11:00

Jun 23, 2012, 2:52 PM

Yep! Same here. You gotta get started early for those pesky noon games.

Well, it'll be 5 o'clock somewhere.***

Jun 22, 2012, 1:03 PM [ in reply to it would take a real beer lover to drink beer at the noon ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Drink beer at the noon?

Jun 22, 2012, 8:20 PM [ in reply to it would take a real beer lover to drink beer at the noon ]

We usually start drinking beer around 8...then move on to the rum by noon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Drink beer at the noon?

Jun 23, 2012, 2:52 PM

Thats what I'm talkin about!!!

I still say if it happens.

Jun 22, 2012, 12:49 PM

At the same time you see a Clemson official announcing that they are leaving the ACC to explore other options. The first phone call will be made to SEC/Slive.

York, What are we doing legally speaking?

Jun 22, 2012, 12:59 PM

If others have their legal guns pointed as us, are we doing some pointing ourselves?

I can't imagine us letting the Swofford/Raycom deal just slip by while staring at a $20m exit fee.

I'm not york and I don't have 'inside,' anything.

Jun 22, 2012, 1:11 PM

I'd say we upped the buyout to help Swofford with the negotiations for TV revenues.

I also believe that the buyout will has no bearing on what we do or when we do it. That being said I don't think we would stick our heads in a legal noose by openly talking about leaving the ACC until the advisory committee has finish any possible negotiations. Not that contract negotiation was the only reason they were assembled.

At this point, I'd say we have no more or less chance of conferencing jumping than we did a few months ago.

I expect the playoff being at least two years away give Clemson all the time in the world to evaluate if, when and where we move.

Too funny***

Jun 22, 2012, 1:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow lots of sheep out there.***

Jun 22, 2012, 2:00 PM

Re: Wow lots of sheep out there.***

Jun 22, 2012, 10:15 PM

...and another prick

Thanks York

Jun 22, 2012, 2:03 PM

enjoy the info regardless of what happens. Like coaching searches, stuff like this is very fluid. I think our BOT will make a wise decision

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know if York ever had legit sources...

Jun 22, 2012, 3:17 PM

but this thing had legs at one point. It is amazing how few (other than supposedly WVU) leaks come out of Big 12 schools on this topic. Here in Lawrence, nobody even acknowledges the subject, however, they did screw up once which confirms this was once talked about.
A few weeks ago, the local media reported that KU's travel expenses would go up $600,000 due to WVU in the league. The word here is they stumbled on a KU study for travel expenses if Clemson and FSU were added, making 3 East coast schools. KU hushed the local media so they amended the story.
Is this true? Who knows, but the math seems right. FSU's study said their travel expenses would increase by 1.75 million by playing 9 schools west of the Mississippi. So how could KU's expenses go up $600,000 by playing just WVU?

of course this story had legs...

Jun 22, 2012, 7:43 PM

our BOT didnt call a meeting to discuss rumors on the internet.if it didnt have legs there would have been no need to discuss it.

Re: Update for those that are interested...

Jun 22, 2012, 5:07 PM

Thanks

Color me 'not interested' ******

Jun 22, 2012, 6:16 PM

Re: Color me 'not interested' ******

Jun 22, 2012, 7:29 PM

Then why open up the post?
All Clemson fans should be interested. This does involve the team we follow.

Re: Update for those that are interested...

Jun 22, 2012, 9:58 PM

I am very interested...thank you York

Replies: 70
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic