Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Unstoppable? Is there a team in the country that can stop us?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Unstoppable? Is there a team in the country that can stop us?

Oct 19, 2020, 9:59 AM

Trevor Lawrence is a offensive genius his QB IQ is amazing! He can read and pick defenses apart like no other Qb that I’ve ever seen. So is Clemson offense unstoppable? Our wide receivers are finally showing out as they did agains GT. Sure teams can stop the run but then there left vulnerable to the pass. This seems like the best offense Clemson has ever had. And we are truly unstoppable. I don’t see a defense out there that can stop us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to say as it always comes down to our level of........

Oct 19, 2020, 10:05 AM

competition. I know we whipped Miami and Tech but not totally sure what that means yet compared to what Alabama and Ohio State have - will be interested in our game with Notre Dame, for example.

That's the downside of the other teams in the ACC being weaker - hard to judge how we'll do against the other national powers in the playoffs.

Obviously, we have an excellent team - need to just keep taking things one week at a time like Dabo says to do.

A team with as stout a front 4 as LSU had last year can

Oct 19, 2020, 10:08 AM

certainly put a damper on things. Who that team is, I don't know yet. But, let's not get delirious halfway through the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know if there's a team that can stop us, but there

Oct 19, 2020, 10:13 AM

are likely some teams capable of really shutting down our rushing attack (without really committing a bunch of extra guys to do it) and putting it all on Trevor to beat them. If/when that happens it will be very important to get Etienne touches through the passing game. And hopefully our OL can hold up in pass pro even while they fail to get any push in the running game.

Committing LBs and the SS to the run... Now TEs are added.***

Oct 19, 2020, 11:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we get up against an elite DL I'm not sure they would

Oct 19, 2020, 11:32 AM

have to commit much of anything extra to stopping the run. Granted Etienne is a magician and he can do a lot on his own, but i think our OL is going to get pushed around a couple times this year.

Well if Clemson plays poorly or the injury bug hits I would

Oct 19, 2020, 10:17 AM

say yes, there are teams that could stop us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I suspect OSU will have a good D. I think UGA has a good D

Oct 19, 2020, 10:35 AM

bama's O is just pretty awesome right now.
Our run blocking is pretty bad this yr so we're going to have to rely on the pass game which leaves us predictable

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unstoppable? Is there a team in the country that can stop us?

Oct 19, 2020, 10:38 AM

Stop us? No chance. Can Alabama outscore us?

Jones won't get the kind of time he's been enjoying...***

Oct 19, 2020, 11:14 AM

The OLine needs to continue to gel on run blocking.

Oct 19, 2020, 10:52 AM

A little improvement there would go a long way!

null

Bammer could try to boat race us our D

Oct 19, 2020, 10:55 AM

Well ahead of theirs. Buck Nutz still unknown. Right now we would beat all comers by 2 scores or more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2020, 10:56 AM

There sure is and here is a list of them

Syracuse-
BC
Florida State
Pittsburgh
Virginia Tech

Just a few years ago Clemson was taken down by Cuse, I think Pittsburgh got us once (?). North Carolina State- was close- it is college football one game at a time- The next game being the most important one of the season,

Cuse, yes... Pitt, we got 'reffed'.***

Oct 19, 2020, 11:17 AM

Re: Cuse, yes... Pitt, we got 'reffed'.***

Oct 19, 2020, 12:37 PM

It seems like Dwayne Heydt is Pitt's personal ref. I have seen him reffing a lot of Pitt games the last few years.

Message was edited by: richmaja®

Message was edited by: richmaja®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

FOCUS!!!!!!***

Oct 19, 2020, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Unstoppable? Is there a team in the country that can stop us? ]

Oct 19, 2020, 11:10 AM

Yes on any given Saturday. The most likely team to beat Clemson, is Clemson.

But not this year... TL and Skalski got this... Can we lose?

Oct 19, 2020, 11:19 AM

Possible. It won't be because of complacency...

How Dabo would answer: Only Clemson can stop Clemson

Oct 19, 2020, 11:24 AM

Nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em u6c coot

Oct 19, 2020, 12:34 PM

fno

Only a few teams, like SCar

Oct 19, 2020, 12:35 PM

who refuse to play us.

Oct 19, 2020, 12:44 PM

The only teams that can play with Clemson are Ohio State and Alabama. They are both going to give us everything they have. I don't see anyone else competing with Clemson.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

We will be tested the further we go into the season.

Oct 19, 2020, 12:52 PM

The saying goes that steel sharpens steel. As long as we come out the other end with the 'W' then we will be ready to handle whoever ends up being our opponent. One game at a time.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Oct 19, 2020, 12:57 PM

A lot of opposing coaches are watching LSU game tape on replay. That said, few teams have the horses which LSU had on both sides of the ball last year and the coordinator (Aranda) to pull off stopping Clemson. It takes a lot to get Trevor and receivers off rhythm, but Aranda did it. As Dabo sometimes states, Clemson underperforming can beat Clemson and so that is his focus. In that respect, O Line run blocking and receiver route running & catches are areas this team is improving and will need in playoffs.

So based on players and pride alone, IMHO Bama, Ohio St and UGA will all bring it. At least for a half to three qtrs. Then Clemson is fitting rings.

Oct 19, 2020, 1:07 PM

Certainly not in the conference, Alabama and Ohio State could probably score with us, but that's about it.

Of the teams that have played, I think we're clearly #1.

Oct 19, 2020, 2:28 PM

The only team I'm curious to see is Ohio State, and I'm skeptical of them as well. I know they have Shaun Wade, but the rest of that secondary is completely new, and unlike Clemson, OSU didn't give their backups in the secondary many reps.

I'm sure they'll do fine in the Big 10 (where there aren't any great passing offenses), but Clemson and Alabama should be able to exploit that group.

Alabama is the only other team that I think even has the potential to challenge us. If they somehow get their defense figured out, they have the athletes on offense to put up points on anyone. As it is now though, I see our defense being much more able to get a few stops here and there than their defense.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic