Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Unfortunately, to win the Heisman you not only need
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Unfortunately, to win the Heisman you not only need

Oct 24, 2020, 4:42 PM

a Heisman caliber QB but also Heisman caliber offensive scheming and playcalling.

Mac Jones looks like Joe Burrow with Sark’s schemes and Joe Burrow wasn’t Joe Burrow until he met Joe Brady.

Our offense sputters way too much for a team with generational talent at QB and RB.

It is what it is with our offensive schemes but hopefully we will continue to win the big games with BV’s mad schemes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unfortunately, to win the Heisman you not only need

Oct 24, 2020, 4:46 PM

We’re averaging 48.4 points per game so far...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shhhhh!!!

Oct 24, 2020, 5:03 PM

The Tony Elliott haters won't like that stat...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2020, 4:46 PM

Oline is very young.

Oct 24, 2020, 5:01 PM

Not really with our starters. I wouldn't say we are really young.

Jr
Jr
RS Senior
Soph
RS Soph

Most of our OL 2nd string are freshman.***

Oct 24, 2020, 6:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most of our OL 2nd string are freshman.***

Oct 24, 2020, 6:26 PM

Not sure how our second string being freshman has anything to do with why our first string still cannot run block. Not a surprise though, thats not a this year problem.

Our center shouldn't be starting on a title caliber team

Oct 24, 2020, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Unfortunately, to win the Heisman you not only need ]

I know these are just kids doing their best and all, but it's the truth.

Considering how many people we play and how we have been

Oct 24, 2020, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Unfortunately, to win the Heisman you not only need ]

recruiting, OL shouldn't be a problem

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2020, 4:52 PM

Friend, I think you are letting a sloppy game cloud your football vision a bit. With the exception of 2017, Elliot’s offense have average 40+ per season and about 500+ yards per game since 2015. Other than 2017, I think his offenses have been between 1-10 in National total offense for all years except 2015. When you can score 40 points, have over 450+ yards and 25+ first downs on a “off day,” there is hardly anything wrong with your offensive schemes.

Look, those boys didn’t have their heads in that game for a full 60 today. They got up 17-0, and they started taking it easy. Heck, even Travis said all he had for breakfast was Frosted Flakes. They are young men, and they did what young fellers are prone to do: underestimate an opponent. It was the perfect recipe for it when you think about it. They were coming off a 66 point win, it was the breast cancer game (I think), and they were 46.5 point favorites. After getting up 17-0, there’s no way they didn’t start thinking about all that stuff. Next week will be a clinic, I fully expect.

Oct 24, 2020, 4:52 PM

Friend, I think you are letting a sloppy game cloud your football vision a bit. With the exception of 2017, Elliot’s offense have average 40+ per season and about 500+ yards per game since 2015. Other than 2017, I think his offenses have been between 1-10 in National total offense for all years except 2015. When you can score 40 points, have over 450+ yards and 25+ first downs on a “off day,” there is hardly anything wrong with your offensive schemes.

Look, those boys didn’t have their heads in that game for a full 60 today. They got up 17-0, and they started taking it easy. Heck, even Travis said all he had for breakfast was Frosted Flakes. They are young men, and they did what young fellers are prone to do: underestimate an opponent. It was the perfect recipe for it when you think about it. They were coming off a 66 point win, it was the breast cancer game (I think), and they were 46.5 point favorites. After getting up 17-0, there’s no way they didn’t start thinking about all that stuff. Next week will be a clinic, I fully expect.

You are probably right!***

Oct 24, 2020, 4:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It wasn't JUST Ellliot's Offense until THIS year, Jeff Scott

Oct 24, 2020, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Unfortunately, to win the Heisman you not only need ]

deserves a lot of credit...moreso after today's embarrassment

Re: It wasn't JUST Ellliot's Offense until THIS year, Jeff Scott

Oct 24, 2020, 5:13 PM

Embarrassment? I think that might be a bit of an overstatement. Sure, they didn’t play well, but 40 points on ANYBODY is far from an “embarrassment.” Syracuse scored what, one offensive touchdown today? FCS size roster or not, holding a team to one offensive score is pretty good. The interception pick 6 wasn’t Tony Elliot’s fault. Trevor through behind Rogers, and it was deflected. Trevor was 75% on completions last week. You saw the results. This week, he was only about 63%. That’s not bad, but it’s not great. 40 points were still scored. They were looking past this game after they got up 17-0. They were not the same after the first quarter until late in the 3rd quarter. It was just one of those games. I think they’ll be ok.

That sure is a lot of excuses***

Oct 24, 2020, 5:22 PM

The defense scored 1 TD and basically handed

Oct 24, 2020, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: It wasn't JUST Ellliot's Offense until THIS year, Jeff Scott ]

the offense 2 more. Our offense didn't generate anywhere close to 47 pts. They averaged 5.4 ypp against a really, really, really bad Cuse team that had no business ever being in that game.

Try not to think of this as an ACC game because the team we played today is more on the level of Wofford, Citadel, Furman, etc. We were 46 pt favorites... that doesn't happen against conference foes, even for us.

Re: The defense scored 1 TD and basically handed

Oct 24, 2020, 8:12 PM

So did the defense score those other two TDs you mention? I think it was the offense. An offense that scored 40 points today. I’ve never seen a team win by 26 points and be an “embarrassment” or a team with “woeful” problems. Clemson isn’t going to win very thing game by 66 points, but they’ve won every game this season by almost 20. I’ll take that. I’d rather the team be 6-0 than 5-1. Clemson has already won as many games as they won in either year of my last two years in college. It’s unreal what they are doing. I’ve and have lived and breathed Clemson football and basketball since about 1986. Because of this, I’ll NEVER complain about a 26 point win. And, Syracuse might have had a roster closer to Wofford or Furman or Western Carolina today, but Syracuse is still a conference win, and that gets Clemson one game closer to Charlotte.

The Cuse scored two offensive TDs today.

Oct 24, 2020, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: It wasn't JUST Ellliot's Offense until THIS year, Jeff Scott ]

One after the blocked punt.

Lamar Jackson had none of that.

Oct 24, 2020, 9:37 PM

... actually.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic